Author Topic: Wireless issues  (Read 688 times)

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
Wireless issues
« on: August 09, 2006, 10:31:54 pm »
This isn't a bug with the game persay, so much as an issue my keyboard/mouse has with the game.

I'm currently using a wireless keyboard and mouse (both Microsoft), and I've noticed a few glaring problems.  For starters, my f11 and f12 keys don't respond in game, making it impossible for me to vote for kicks/maps unless I start the vote.

Secondly, my mouse wheel has a similar lack of responce.  This ticks me off since I used it often to drop weapon and throw the knife.

Any ideas on how I can remedy this without going back to the standard keyboard and mouse?
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.

Offline chrisgbk

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
Re: Wireless issues
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 02:18:18 am »
Soldat uses DirectInput, so if your keyboard/mouse use some kind of macro or custom key sending system, Soldat won't register your keypresses.

Make sure your batteries are charged, you are close enough that you get a decent signal, and your drivers are up to date; not much else you can do.

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
Re: Wireless issues
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 12:59:07 pm »
Everything is up to date, but I'm still a little confused as to why those two keys and the mousewheel don't work when everything else does.  The other f keys function perfectly fine, no issues.  Only those to. 

Oh well..I'll just plug in the old keyboard if it comes down to it..
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.