Author Topic: Headphones  (Read 3372 times)

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
Headphones
« on: September 18, 2009, 01:00:18 am »
What sort of headphones do you use? 

I got these for my birthday recently:
http://headphones.com.au/psingle?productID=19

They sound really good, according to the reviews they have good mid-range dynamic sound which suits my music taste nicely.  It wasn't easy to get used to them after using so many cheap headphones (never paid over $10 on a pair before)  The bass was quite overwhelming at first, but I began to realize how easy it is to hear the impressive mid-range/top end over the bass.  They are open-air headphones so they tend to let a lot of noise out (annoying the person sitting next to you).  It sucks that the sound that leaks out is pretty distorted, or they would be good for sharing music with others.

I haven't used them for gaming much but aparrently they have crappy surround sound (Soundstage) compared to other models out their, but I use my 2.1 speaker setup for gaming.

I took a picture:

Player since late 2007

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
Re: Headphones
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 01:11:29 am »
These: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826159053

Very old, and I'd like them a lot more if I didn't accidentally sit on them in the dark and crack one of the phones, which is now held together with scotch tape.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 01:14:35 am »
These: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826159053

Very old, and I'd like them a lot more if I didn't accidentally sit on them in the dark and crack one of the phones, which is now held together with scotch tape.

oh hey whaddya know, i own the same exact pair
i used those cheapass earphones that came with my iPod before i bought that.  now i can hear the bass \o/

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

DarkCrusade

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 01:16:27 am »
I got SkullCandy: Hesh. It is a headphone for 70€ and looks and sounds great. If I want I can turn the music so loud that you can hear it on a distance of ~10 metres.

Offline Wraithlike

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • The Ichthyologist
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 01:18:57 am »

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 01:22:22 am »
I've had a pair of Sony (model unknown - worn off) for years.  The best headphones I've ever owned.

Pretty sure they were costly at first (70-90 range?), but they've served their purpose.  Good damping quality, still sound good, and they've actually replaced my previous surround system.  With good quality.

Got the headphones before the system, and they've outlived the system.  They've been broken, and the design was insightful enough that you can fit pieces back together and STAYS together. 

I'm actually using them as I post this.  :D
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 01:47:56 am »
Coby CV-H42

cheapass headphones here, but I can so hear the bass

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 06:06:16 am »
Sennheiser's HD 437 - cheap, yet the most expensive headphones for PC that I have ever had. Can't really say they're amazing since I haven't tried more expensive phones. They sound good.

My MP3 headphones are quality stuff.

Offline n00bface

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 06:34:02 am »
Sennheiser HD650s for my desktop at home
Bang & Olufsen A8s for my mp3 player (which were actually stolen along with my laptop/camera/mp3 player, but insurance is replacing them soon :))

Offline Nixer

• Major(1)
  • Walk!
    • Eat-this community site
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009, 08:13:53 am »
KOSS SB/45

Info from Koss.com
Code: [Select]
SB45 Multi-Media Stereophone

Ideal for gamers who enjoy deep bass, the SB45 features a dynamic element constructed of anisotropic ferrite magnet structures the deliver high sensitivity and reduced distortion for premium sound at all volume levels. Incorporating a frequency response of 18Hz - 20,000Hz, the SB45 delivers a full-range of sound that will bring your favorite games to life. Utilizing oxygen free copper voice coils for improved signal transmission and conduction, sound comes through loud and clear.

Whether you’re alone or online, the SB45’s sound will be so efficient that you’ll hear your opponent before they even know you’re there. Its large, closed ear cups surround the ear for maximum isolation so you can stay focused on saving the world or kicking a forty-yard field goal.

Soft, leatherette ear cushions envelope your ears without creating pressure for long lasting comfort. Koss’ Clear Voice Technology (CVT) noise canceling electret condenser microphone eliminates excessive background noise for a greater ease of use with PC voice applications, such as speech recognition.

The SB45 has an adjustable headband to fit most head sizes. Built of durable plastic, the SB45’s headband can stand up to the rigors of daily wear and tear for a fits-like-new feel after years of use. The SB45 also folds up for compact storage to reduce pains from your desktop clutter and to conveniently fit in your briefcase or backpack if you’re gaming on the road.

Built to last, the SB45 is covered under Koss’ No-Questions-Asked Lifetime Warranty - the only warranty of its kind in the stereophone industry.

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2009, 09:04:41 am »
I got a pair of Skullcandy headphones that lasted a while until I sat on them and cracked one of the sides. They still work but they feel awkward on my head so I just ended up not using them. I am in the market for new headphones.
@ii

Offline PANZERCATWAGON

• Camper
  • oh god: blowjobs
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2009, 09:20:49 am »
i bought some sony headphones that died within a month. the speaker balances started to go crackly and vanish. so as a dissatisfied customer i suggest that no one else buy sony headphones

Offline Nixer

• Major(1)
  • Walk!
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2009, 10:25:29 am »
I got a pair of Skullcandy headphones that lasted a while until I sat on them and cracked one of the sides. They still work but they feel awkward on my head so I just ended up not using them. I am in the market for new headphones.
To be honest Skullcandy is overrated and breaks easily, not the headphones I recommend.

Offline jerich

• Camper
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2009, 10:31:14 am »
Overrated... I paid $10 and they work great for mp3 players or desktop use and over the past 2 years I just bought my second pair. For my recording I actually use a more professional headset and looking to buy $400+ monitors since I need the crisp quality of all frequencies.
Clan: R7 | The Ruthless

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2009, 10:32:53 am »
lol these

CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2009, 11:10:43 am »
I have a pair I bought off AirLingus. They were €5 . They work nicely. Did I mention I bought them 4 years ago?

DarkCrusade

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2009, 11:16:04 am »
To be honest Skullcandy is overrated and breaks easily, not the headphones I recommend.

If you are no fucking dumbhead you won´t break your own headphones.

I got a pair of Skullcandy headphones that lasted a while until I sat on them and cracked one of the sides.

Sorry dude :|

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2009, 11:29:07 am »
I see you guys are really struggling to find things to talk about here...

Headphones? Really?
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline Nixer

• Major(1)
  • Walk!
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2009, 11:42:32 am »
Skullcandy's aren't cheap here.
At least not last time I checked.
And they really break easily, trust me.
The plastic is just bad quality.
And the sound isn't even that great for the local price, that's why I think it's overrated.

(@DarkCrusade: So if you accidentally break your headphones/headset it means you're a "f**king dumbhead"? I don't think so.)

EDIT: Of course, about the skullcandy headphones, it depends on the model.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 11:44:05 am by Nixer »

Offline Psycho

• Flagrunner
  • Decomposing
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2009, 12:37:26 pm »
I am using the Logitech g35

The sound is awesome, especially the bass. It's a little heavy and clampy though, but the noice cancelation you get from this is highly effective.

Looking down from ethereal skies