Poll

Do you want more people working and developing Soldat?

Yes
38 (84.4%)
No
4 (8.9%)
Maybe
3 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Author Topic: Why can't we get more people working on Soldat?  (Read 21355 times)

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
Re: Why can't we get more people working on Soldat?
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2009, 03:54:52 am »
Grrr, you're annoying me...Did I even mention that EnEsCe gets money for developing soldat? No, I did NOT.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline Centurion

• Flagrunner
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2009, 08:40:09 am »
Because have life and they do not want to spend their valuable time on gayass game.

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2009, 08:49:08 am »
Grrr, you're annoying me...Did I even mention that EnEsCe gets money for developing soldat? No, I did NOT.
I think it's because MM can't provide any money to developers.
We need devoted to soldat programmers which won't give up working on our beloved game just because they don't get any benefits of it.
Imagine it to yourself - unfinished code is much worse than one finished but progressing slowly (like it is now).
Well, annoying or not, that's how I understood it.

I'm pretty sure when NSC got the job he knew that he'll get no money, and it was his choice to work on Soldat or not.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 08:50:51 am by Laser Guy »
Text goes here...

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2009, 08:58:57 am »
Because have life and they do not want to spend their valuable time on gayass game.

wrong, there are people willing to work on it for free, btw you're gayass with time worth shit as you waste it on hacking the game you're not even interested in
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline Centurion

• Flagrunner
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2009, 10:40:23 am »
That's for pissing you off. :)

Offline jerich

• Camper
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2009, 11:01:38 am »
Everyone always complain that the versions are not out fast enough. Then when it's released people complain that it's too buggy. Then people complain about the weapon balance and how it should be reverted to 1.2.1, then when the new balance beta comes out, everyone complains its way too overpowered.

Don't you see the recurring cycle. Everyone thinks they know the solutions to fixing this game, when in reality most of you are just indecisive d-bags that make the developers lose their mind since none of you can make up your mind.

That is the exact reason why there is a chosen few who work on it, whether you agree or disagree that they are fixing the game. They are doing something right because you are still here complaining rather than quitting the game.

Clan: R7 | The Ruthless

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2009, 11:04:43 am »
That's for pissing you off. :)

youre not pissing anyone off, its just annoying for a while when youre ruining the game until you get banned, in fact no one gives a s**t about you, im just replying to what you said as it was completely false and either stated you have no life or are a hypocrite
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2009, 12:33:01 pm »
@Centurion: It's rather pathetic yet so hilarious that you don't have anything better to do than pissing people off.

@jerich: The right choices were done in the past. I'm not the first one to say that the amount of players has been going downhill for a while already. One of the main reasons for such would be bad PR.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 12:38:06 pm by Dusty »

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2009, 09:35:11 pm »
I'm not the first one to say that the amount of players has been going downhill for a while already.
Things get old and die. If less people continue playing Soldat, that's because there's newer, fresher games for them to play. Without making an entire new game (which is what MM is doing), there's not much you can really do.

Eventually, you'll just be left with the people who really love Soldat.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2009, 05:09:37 pm »
Which is a beautiful thought, really. As you said, new games come up, and ultimately soldat will not be able to compete. However, due to your last statement, soldat will never really die. There will always be some oldies going at it, just for the sake of old times.

Soldat is immortal.
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2009, 05:51:27 pm »
There's a lot of unanswered questions, but I don't think we'll be getting answers anytime soon. Or perhaps never. MM and NSC dont even visit the forums, but they're the only ones that have the answers.
Either MM and/or NSC will finally care to answer them (it's not that hard now is it?) or it won't go beyond being "just another whiny forum post".

If you look for answers - you wont find them here. :/

P.S. As NSC said on his blog somewhere - it's hard for multiple developers to cooperate, thats why he prefers to work alone. Though I think it's just a lame excuse, and the true reason might be different.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 05:54:08 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2009, 07:05:30 pm »
Soldat is immortal.

So is Wolf3D, but maybe in the same way spilt mentioned.
There are other worlds than these

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2009, 10:12:07 pm »
P.S. As NSC said on his blog somewhere - it's hard for multiple developers to cooperate, thats why he prefers to work alone. Though I think it's just a lame excuse, and the true reason might be different.
Depends on the circumstances. In this case, it's probably just hard for him to work with other developers on the same project. Maybe he just thinks trying to work together with someone else might become counter-productive, because they have to communicate, and so time gets wasted there, and stuff like that.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2009, 11:07:29 pm »
I think thats a load of bs. As if, more people working on a game will stop it from develeping. Just stupid, he just wants all the credit for himself, and screws the game up while he's at it.
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2009, 06:39:38 am »
No, scarface, your statement isn't backed up by any facts. The fact in this case is that people usually tend to work by their views and experiences, and it's almost always hard to get them to see things from a different perspective or convince them that their expectations could be wrong.
b&

Offline Centurion

• Flagrunner
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2009, 07:10:20 am »

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2009, 08:51:05 am »
No, scarface, your statement isn't backed up by any facts. The fact in this case is that people usually tend to work by their views and experiences, and it's almost always hard to get them to see things from a different perspective or convince them that their expectations could be wrong.

thats why there is always a main project manager who has the last word on everything, haven't you thought of that? What you're saying is a complete ignorance to reality where games are being developed by groups of people, not single men. It wouldn't be a problem if the man behind soldat wasn't acting like a child, but enesce's words and actions make me (and many more people) trust him less and less. Until something changes, i'll keep on making pressure because i don't like how things are being done here
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead

Offline CatGirl

• Major(1)
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2009, 08:57:21 am »
Sadly...
Get the hell out of here.

Anyway just respect and say "Thanks" to the people that work on soldat for free,That will give them more motivation to make soldat better!

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2009, 10:59:37 am »
Depends on the circumstances. In this case, it's probably just hard for him to work with other developers on the same project. Maybe he just thinks trying to work together with someone else might become counter-productive, because they have to communicate, and so time gets wasted there, and stuff like that.
He could not really take any credit for Soldat if there were other people included in the project. He fails to listen to other peoples views, and that would cause problems. He does everything by his own head, thats why he couldn't care less to visit the forums. It's HIS game, NOT ours.
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2009, 08:58:38 pm »
thats why there is always a main project manager who has the last word on everything, haven't you thought of that? What you're saying is a complete ignorance to reality where games are being developed by groups of people, not single men. It wouldn't be a problem if the man behind soldat wasn't acting like a child, but enesce's words and actions make me (and many more people) trust him less and less. Until something changes, i'll keep on making pressure because i don't like how things are being done here
But neither MM or EnEsCe have the experience or training on how to do project management.

He fails to listen to other peoples views
Quote from: EnEsCe's Blog
... but when the Soldat Forums decided to be dickfaces towards me for many weeks (and probably still going on), things changed. Could you sit for 5+ hours every day, only fixing bugs, knowing that the people you do it all for are just b***hing about you behind your back? No, you’d go and do something fun, ...

I think he used to listen, and probably even care, but nowadays, he just doesn't try.

Because MM and EnEsCe don't seem to be changing their stance (and are moving further and further away from the community the more it screams), I'd say the community should try and work with EnEsCe instead of alienating him.

Since the main reason people seem to be unhappy with EnEsCe (besides the recent debacle) is because he's not fixing bugs. But he said just up there that he's not going to fix bugs if no one is going to appreciate it. He might as well release features and have some fun if he's going to get whined at either way.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 09:01:12 pm by SpiltCoffee »