Poll

Do you want more people working and developing Soldat?

Yes
38 (84.4%)
No
4 (8.9%)
Maybe
3 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Author Topic: Why can't we get more people working on Soldat?  (Read 21380 times)

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
Re: Why can't we get more people working on Soldat?
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2009, 01:16:49 pm »
On the other side, a part of the community threw more s**t at him than he has ever thrown at it.
Who is going to judice what is "enough" or "too much" to what he has done? If he abuses his position, he shouldn't even have got the position in the first place. And the position should be taken away.

Right now he is doing more harm than any good I say. He could have released 1.5.1 after fixing the most important bugs. The same happened with 1.4.2 -> 1.4.3.
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline UnknownSniper

• Camper
  • Southern by the Grace of God
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2009, 01:31:54 pm »
A mod should change thread title to "Why does EnEsCe suck?" because that's what this thread has been about for 2 pages worth now.
I had a job and a piece of land
My sweet wife was my best friend
But I traded that for Cocaine and a whore
-Jamey Johnson

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2009, 02:18:40 pm »
Right now he is doing more harm than any good I say.
ehm...wtf? maybe wait for 1.5.1 before stateing shit?
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2009, 03:04:29 pm »
Right now he is doing more harm than any good I say.
ehm...wtf? maybe wait for 1.5.1 before stateing s**t?
Yeah, after that you tell me to wait for 1.5.2?

First of all. He did not release 1.4.3 because he wanted to add sucky features such as exploding heads, lobby chat, radio commands, Teamspeak integration, which benefit basically no one. Instead, the whole community had to suffer from the bugs brought by 1.4.2, along with the map glitches. (The maps were fixed within 48 hours after 1.4.2 came out).

The same is happening now. Deathmatch scoreboard bug really degrades the gameplay. He could have released the 1.5.1 with the stuff he had already fixed. Instead he decided to inform that there will be also new features, postponing the release. What kind of logic is that? If he cared about the game and about the community more than he cares for his own reputation and respect he gets, he would have done it. But meh, "people should learn some respect".
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2009, 05:59:10 pm »
What are these bugs people always complain about D: 

I've only ever witnessed the action-snap glitch.

Offline UnknownSniper

• Camper
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2009, 06:11:30 pm »
What are these bugs people always complain about D: 

I've only ever witnessed the action-snap glitch.

If 1 random person reports a "bug" everybody else uses it as an excuse to bitch about Enesce.
-Jamey Johnson

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2009, 06:22:57 pm »
let's forgive the man who has deceived the community not only once, but twice, acted like a retard more than twice and is has now decided to stop caring for the community and work on Soldat as he likes.
Pretty much.

I am speechless. You're actually saying that community should just get used to EnEsCe's attitude, all the s**t he has thrown at the community. How do you think Soldat would go forward, when the man in charge does whatever he pleases without having slighest intention to work with the community? He has already proven that he is not turstworthy person. He has already proven that he is the same ass he was in 2004/2005. No, programming skills won't save him either.

He isn't driven by passion as MM is. He is driven by acceptance and respect. Something he has never felt enough despite all his attempts. Something he should never get from this community, after all the deceiving. What would make him trustworthy after all this s**t?
MM doesn't give a shit what the community thinks about EnEsCe, and I think EnEsCe is starting to not give a shit either. He's not there to make you all happy, he's there to work on Soldat.

So, yes, you should get used to EnEsCe's attitude, because it's not likely anyone else will get on the development team soon (Shoozza, maybe, because he's been helping EnEsCe, but if that was the case, he'd be there by now).

EnEsCe has always been an outcast anyway, so this isn't anything new for him, I think.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline Iq Unlimited

• Flagrunner
  • mr. foobar2000
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2009, 11:22:57 pm »
After reading 2 pages of flame and counter-argumentive posts, I feel it is time for me to post, thought it matters little and I'll probably get bitched at for even posting.

At some point, you people are going to realise that whining about EnEsCe really doesn't do, well, anything at all. EnEsCe is going to continue to be the sole developer of soldat, and whatever the community says isn't going to change that. No matter how much you whine about how he screwed up a few times, it's not going to mean anything to him, so why are you still posting crap about him when it wont make a difference? >_>.

It's getting rediculous. Seriously, but that's just my opinion. :|

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2009, 02:35:39 am »
At some point, you people are going to realise that whining about EnEsCe really doesn't do, well, anything at all. EnEsCe is going to continue to be the sole developer of soldat, and whatever the community says isn't going to change that. No matter how much you whine about how he screwed up a few times, it's not going to mean anything to him, so why are you still posting crap about him when it wont make a difference? >_>.
My thoughts exactly.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2009, 02:53:23 am »
because i hate ignorance and i care about the game
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2009, 03:53:08 am »
What about your ignorance to what split and some other people are saying?
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2009, 04:20:39 am »
What about your ignorance to what split and some other people are saying?
What about your ignorance towards the spelling of my name?! D:!

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2009, 05:41:52 am »
What about your ignorance towards the spelling of my name?! D:!
Its intentionally.
>:U

The thing is, eC would possibly accept some suggestions, but each time he comes here a shitstorm begins, so what is the only obvious way to prevent the same?
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2009, 05:48:59 am »
Oh noes something hit me and I generated a huge post couldn't keep it short - sorry.

I have been trying to get into the dev team for months but I will never be accepted (I will tell you the reason in a minute)

In my opinion here is no sense to talk about adding new devs because EnEsCe doesn't like to see anyone else working on Soldat.
Even if you try to force him to do so it's still up to him and it's his decision, he will do what he wants to do.

Having more then one person workin on soldat may help and at some point there was ChrisGBK working together with EnEsCe on the game or server.
One thing I noticed was that ChrisGBK was doing his work in silence. No one would know it he asked him about it.
I even don't know what and how much exactly he did.

Too many people working on soldat would cause problems.
I noticed not much communication between the current devs and they are very unlikely to change that I think.
But when more devs work on the game this will have to change.

To come back why I will not be in the dev team:

I think EnEsCe doesn't like my style of open development.
He doesn't like the way I keep in touch with other people and keep them up to date.
Here is a quote: "the more you run around saying ANYWHERE that you are doing anything with Soldat's code, the more damage you will be doing. For the developers sake, you need to just go away and take your nose elsewhere and keep it out of my way."

He also believes that I try to replace him take his position or reduce his popularity and therefore doesn't want me to participate:
"you want to steal popularity, you want to make people like you, you want to seem like the hero."

Btw this quote was written when I tried to contribute to Soldat last month.

I don't know how to convince him that this isn't correct.
I already helped him when the ping fraud was about to kick him out of the dev team.
And he was willing to have me in the dev team (before he chatted with MM).
Of course he said this in private and it can't be confirmed that he said that but I told him not to add me to the dev team back then just because of the fact it would look like I would force myself into it by using his bad situation back then (however that's another topic).

Other stuff which came later made him change his mind (information about that I have the source made him very angry I guess).

So currently it looks like I will not get the chance to actively work with EnEsCe currently.
I'm sorry for that and I understand that you just want to ensure Soldat will have a good future but everything I currently do is making EnEsCe angry (I believe even this post will).

The only way to get in the dev team would be if the person is hated by the community and EnEsCe sees that his position is not in danger when he adds this dev.
Obviously I'm not fitting this pattern.

For those who are disappointed now: Wait for the next version, find a way to make EnEsCe know what you dislike and like and don't make him feel uncomfortable in this forums.

I know I know that what I say is "just live with it" but if you cannot accept him there is no reason to stay with Soldat.

I mean he is the only person who is working on the game now and like I told you earlier it's very difficult to convince him.
Maybe he will change his mind, maybe not I don't know.

If you cannot stay with Soldat there is another project which aims to be a similar game but is still in development.
I don't want to advertise it too much since it's too early now.

With this project I actually do what enesce wants me to do I "take [...] [my] nose elsewhere".
Well at least I try since I cannot just leave Soldat alone.
But I slowly try to (even when it's difficult).

Meh I'm talking too much about myself here.
Hope this isn't just a "blah blah" post for you.

Don't just see the bad side try to take a different view not everyone is bad they just see things another way.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2009, 12:19:19 pm »
@Shoozza: This post was very interesting and sad at the same time...

Questions:
- What about your code-contribution with "Copying IPs easier"? Will you still send it to MM? And do you think he cares?
- What about the good ideas in "Suggestion Forum" like "New Scoreboard" and "New Player Menu"? It would be a pity if all the dedication the users bring in is for nothing. :-[
Last weeks there were many many great ideas - it's like a punch in the face that most users appreciate and support it but eventually it is for nothing because the sole devoloper doesn't look at it.

And pls don't leave this forum!
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2009, 02:23:58 pm »
- What about your code-contribution with "Copying IPs easier"? Will you still send it to MM? And do you think he cares?

Well EnEsCe wrote that he already has this implemented.
I would like to see it added since I believe my version is more powerful then his one (I believe that because I put a lot of love into it).
I can send it to MM I don't have much to say if it gets added or not thats up to EnEsCe and maybe MM.
Sad but true. Thats how it is and I don't need to hide it.

- What about the good ideas in "Suggestion Forum" like "New Scoreboard" and "New Player Menu"? It would be a pity if all the dedication the users bring in is for nothing. :-[
Last weeks there were many many great ideas - it's like a punch in the face that most users appreciate and support it but eventually it is for nothing because the sole devoloper doesn't look at it.
EnEsCe posted in the New Scoreboard thread that he will make one (he wrote something like "its time for a new scoreboard").
Indeed I noticed very nice ideas in the improvements section lately hopefully they get their attention on the dev side.
Since I stopped using ICQ there is no contact with EnEsCe (but I doubt he would write anything to me after he told me that he wants to delete me from his list last time).

Even when not added to Soldat they are very inspiriting and might make their way in the other stuff some people and I work on.

And pls don't leave this forum!
I actually wanted to leave the forums a few months ago but since people are (successfully) binding me to this forum by making me mod, pming me questions (ARSSE, etc) and contributing interesting content I guess it will be difficult to leave.
Even if I leave I'm still on IRC.

However it's nice to see that some people want me to stay (damn you binders :P).
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2009, 02:27:05 pm »
*Works his Arabic magic to bind Shoozza*
Well, you gotta give EnEsCe credit for not having given up on programming after all the shit we put on his name, though...
b&

Offline UnknownSniper

• Camper
« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2009, 09:20:21 pm »
Enesce is a piece of sh_t who deserves to be flamed and fu_ked about by a bunch of people who wouldn't be playing the game if not for his time and effort.

f_ck him for not paying attention to people who hate him and insult him!

Force someone else to help him, that'll teach him. Maybe then we can expect changes 1 week earlier, the week, of course, is to substitute for the time they spend arguing about which task is priority over the rest!

Yes, he can easily have someone help him but he would still be "in charge" and decide what goes first. If you want to flame someone, flame MM himself for going inactive and leaving the project to Enesce, knowing full well what type of person enesce is... 

EDIT: There we go, evading swear filter. It is not logical to throw power around when people break rules in a thread that should have been locked long ago.

EDIT 2: f_ck fu_kity monkey co_k.   I MISS YOU FA||EN, I'LL ALWAYS LOVE YOU.

Fuck you're annoying..
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 05:45:04 am by echo_trail »
-Jamey Johnson

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #78 on: October 05, 2009, 05:31:30 am »
Actually trying to get something locked like that should be a decent reason for a ban I say. Mods, anyone?
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2009, 06:10:38 am »
Actually trying to get something locked like that should be a decent reason for a ban I say. Mods, anyone?

I banned him for 3 days like 10 hours ago. ;)
There are other worlds than these