Poll

Do you want more people working and developing Soldat?

Yes
38 (84.4%)
No
4 (8.9%)
Maybe
3 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Author Topic: Why can't we get more people working on Soldat?  (Read 21361 times)

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
Re: Why can't we get more people working on Soldat?
« Reply #80 on: October 05, 2009, 07:58:47 am »
Clawbug, shut up. Your useless, I'm not ok. Instead of criticizing everyone else actually contribute in a positive way u senseless prick.

ONTOPIC: Yeah, it would be nice if someone could help EnEsCe, and he can still be "In-Charge".
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #81 on: October 05, 2009, 09:21:53 am »
the main enesce's problem is how he's doing things as the guy in charge, so i dont really get your point. What i would like to see is someone responsible and reliable in charge of the project, and enesce, Shoozza and other scripters as the people working on the code.
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #82 on: October 05, 2009, 05:46:23 pm »
Clawbug, shut up. Your useless, I'm not ok. Instead of criticizing everyone else actually contribute in a positive way u senseless prick.

ONTOPIC: Yeah, it would be nice if someone could help EnEsCe, and he can still be "In-Charge".
Thanks for the kind words, miss.

What is there to contribute for a community which aknowledges that it is dying, and the people who could change this refuse to do a squat about it? The only hope is Shoozza, and he is actually the only one who has pushed Soldat forward in a positive way during the past few months.

As long as EnEsCe is in charge, there won't be anyone helping him really. A control freak with too much power, we saw how it turned out.
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline Veritas

• Camper
  • Waco
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2009, 10:57:23 pm »
I think EnEsCe doesn't like my style of open development.
He doesn't like the way I keep in touch with other people and keep them up to date.
Here is a quote: "the more you run around saying ANYWHERE that you are doing anything with Soldat's code, the more damage you will be doing. For the developers sake, you need to just go away and take your nose elsewhere and keep it out of my way."
That is the least component thing I've heard from a software developer ever.

Welp, hopefully Link Dead is good.
DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #84 on: October 06, 2009, 02:51:01 pm »
Please make an official Enesce thread, I can't stand the bullshit all over the forums.

Offline Kagesha

• Flagrunner
  • cunts
« Reply #85 on: October 06, 2009, 08:13:35 pm »
He doesn't like the way I keep in touch with other people and keep them up to date.
Here is a quote: "the more you run around saying ANYWHERE that you are doing anything with Soldat's code, the more damage you will be doing. For the developers sake, you need to just go away and take your nose elsewhere and keep it out of my way."

Link-Dead and Soldat are completely different gameplay wise, I'd most likely play soldat over link-dead like I have with many games. Even if "soldat dies" there is still a community left behind who are willing to do something.

Offline Veritas

• Camper
  • Waco
« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2009, 08:28:07 am »

Link-Dead and Soldat are completely different gameplay wise, I'd most likely play soldat over link-dead like I have with many games. Even if "soldat dies" there is still a community left behind who are willing to do something.
Judging a game before it's released is uh

Well it's a thing
DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #87 on: October 07, 2009, 08:51:42 am »
Many people play Soldat because the gameplay is so fast. MM himself has said that the gameplay in Link-Dead will not be as fast as in Soldat.

+1 for staying with Soldat. As far as I'm concerned LD will never become as cool as Soldat.

::) @ below.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 02:03:37 pm by Dusty »

Offline biohazard

• Camper
  • B4bY NighT
    • B4bY NighT
« Reply #88 on: October 07, 2009, 12:58:39 pm »
Ima quite sure that neither MM(ofc) or the EnEsCe have not played soldat in their whole lifetime, else they would already be completely tired of "eats" "nade/knife invis" "warps" and several other bugs and would have fixed the netcode to make Soldat a decent game to play online as DotA(wc3); Counter-Strike and other titles.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 03:02:14 pm by biohazard »

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #89 on: October 07, 2009, 03:50:26 pm »
Since when is CS a decent game? You die too fast, you have to wait a whole lot to respawn, just be killed right after 5 seconds, by some 12 year old hacker...
b&

Offline biohazard

• Camper
  • B4bY NighT
    • B4bY NighT
« Reply #90 on: October 07, 2009, 04:11:23 pm »
CS is a decent game, doest matter what you think about.

Offline CatGirl

• Major(1)
« Reply #91 on: October 07, 2009, 05:01:43 pm »
CS is a decent game, doest matter what you think about.
Well its not a decent game on this forums.
this game is mostly played by people who preffer soldat over cs ^__^ .

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #92 on: October 07, 2009, 07:45:56 pm »
Since when is CS a decent game? You die too fast, you have to wait a whole lot to respawn, just be killed right after 5 seconds, by some 12 year old hacker...
...Isn't that exactly what R/S community is doing in Soldat?
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #93 on: October 08, 2009, 09:01:59 am »
Clawbug please, forget I ever posted that...And don't go to other subjects.
@Biohazard; and why the heck doesn't it matter what I think? Just wanted to know.
Back on topic; Since this isn't gonna get us anywhere I suggest one of the people for more admins should take it up to Enesce or MM.
b&

Offline biohazard

• Camper
  • B4bY NighT
    • B4bY NighT
« Reply #94 on: October 08, 2009, 09:21:39 am »
@demoniac93

CS is a well known game, played in lots of league with some nice prizes, in the past more, but its still in competitive scene. Anyway, the last time i played CS were 7 years ago.
"Doenst matter what you think" i mean that even if you dislike the game, its played by rly pro players that used to gain some money with that.

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #95 on: October 08, 2009, 10:07:54 am »
"Doenst matter what you think" i mean that even if you dislike the game, its played by rly pro players that used to gain some money with that.

i mean that even if you dislike football, its played by rly pro players that used to gain some money with that.

So what? Why does it matter? CS is indeed a popular game, but that's mostly because the people behind it have spent so much money to make it grow. I got bored of the whole game because it's always the same, but this is only my opinion. One might say the same thing about Soldat.

I find people who earn their living by playing computer games rather pathetic.

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #96 on: October 09, 2009, 12:19:45 am »
Whatever you all say, Soldat will NEVER get as good as CS. Jeez Soldat is out of it's league in fact. Comparing these 2 games together is just rather pathetic. Anyways, please get back on topic...CS has nothing to do with what we are talking about here.
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #97 on: October 09, 2009, 12:21:44 am »
Whatever you all say, Soldat will NEVER get as good as CS. Jeez Soldat is out of it's league in fact. Comparing these 2 games together is just rather pathetic. Anyways, please get back on topic...CS has nothing to do with what we are talking about here.

I don't think comparing Soldat to CS is not so much pathetic as it is comparing apples to oranges... Really, you can't compare Soldat to FPS's.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #98 on: October 09, 2009, 12:29:08 am »
I've got question. Since CS is FPS (First Person Shooter), how we should call soldat then? SVS (Side View Shooter) ?? (;
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #99 on: October 09, 2009, 01:05:24 am »
I've got question. Since CS is FPS (First Person Shooter), how we should call soldat then? SVS (Side View Shooter) ?? (;

Technically, yeah. Soldat is a 2D Multiplayer Side View Shooter.
There are other worlds than these