Author Topic: Enable/Disable Scripts  (Read 851 times)

Offline Uncle_FuXX0r

• Major(1)
Enable/Disable Scripts
« on: September 25, 2009, 12:18:54 pm »
So I downloaded Soldat Server 2.6.4 yesterday since I've wanted to get into scripting. It's quite simple, mostly because I have a strong programming background as it is. What I would like to know is how you enable/disable scripts on the server. I downloaded ARSSE, and everything works fine. I can join the server, and my first-ever script works. But how do you change the active scripts?

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
Re: Enable/Disable Scripts
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 12:56:18 pm »
Any and all scripts inside your server's scripts directory are on (assuming Includes.txt is properly filled) - unless if your talking about ARSSE scripting, which then I do not know.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 01:03:36 pm »
If you started your dedicated server, changed some scripts and want to see the changes while not restarting the server I suggest to use the command /recompile to get what you want.

Offline Uncle_FuXX0r

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 03:33:41 pm »
Dorkey> Thanks for the info. I am talking about in-game scripts, like mods and such. Not ARSSE scripting. I guess if I need to I'll create a folder for "Inactive Scripts" and place unused scripts there instead of the "scripts" folder.

Crusade> I know about the "/recompile" command. I was just wondering if there was a way to turn a script off completely, not make a change and retry it. But thanks anyhow.  :-)

Offline VinceBros

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 03:35:33 pm »
I made a script which disable and enable scripts. I will try to find it for ya.

cheers

Offline tk

• Soldier
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2009, 03:54:42 pm »

Offline Uncle_FuXX0r

• Major(1)
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2009, 07:13:22 am »
Hey, thanks tk. That's what I needed. :-D