Author Topic: Players colliding  (Read 2117 times)

Offline manowarr

• Major(1)
  • watch your back
Players colliding
« on: August 10, 2006, 05:06:24 am »
well, this could be interesting.. doesn't matter team you belongs, it is possible... same team or enemies... DM, TM, CTF, HTF, INF.

it could from this appear new ways to play, tatics... whateva  :-X
players also could be stay one on of the other

image;

so.. what do you think? bb 8)

« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 05:07:58 am by manowarr »

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
Re: Players colliding
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 06:39:18 am »
I like the idea and all, but i really think it would get annoying. Imagine small narrow corridors where there's not enough space for one to fly over the guy in front of you. Some lamer could just be camping there, and you wouldn't be able to pass... Or if he went afk for the phone or something! You'd be stuck!

Sorry, I vote no.
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Soldier
  • Boomshakalack!
    • Real Soldat!
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 06:53:56 am »
I remember that happening when I still played America's Army. Then one guy would camp in a door opening or in the vent system blocking everyones path. So annoying.
Although I like the idea, I think it also causes new problems.

Offline Sotija

• Veteran
  • Sotija
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006, 06:56:51 am »
Causes Broblems but idea is good so 50-50

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2006, 07:20:40 am »
Okay, heres my complaints:
1. What if players spawn at the same time? Will they be STUCK INSIDE EACH OTHER :O
2. People would use this as a sort of huge ladder thing... I can just imagine that if MM made this, he'd also take physics into account and make it so that if a soldat walks and another soldat is on them, they will both move. We'd have HUGE LADDERS OF LAGGY M79ERS :O
3. People can make walls around their flag.

Only good thing is THIS: You can play mario in r/s mode. Just jump on your enemies from a high height :D!

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2006, 07:42:52 am »
Only good thing is THIS: You can play mario in r/s mode. Just jump on your enemies from a high height :D!

Hell, it's almost worth it :D

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2006, 12:42:29 pm »
ui liked the idea...then i read echo's first poswt, and i bet that would end up happeneing. Probably not cause he was AFK, but to be a dick
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline Fluffy

• Camper
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2006, 07:02:23 am »
I support this, great idea. For people who don't like it, maybe as an server option?

Long live Nazi-Communism!

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
  • I came to the world with the barret in my hand
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2006, 10:08:33 am »
i'm with echo_trail, i love the idea, but soldat is side-view-game, so on small areas...sorry, no.

and i'm with fluffy too, it should be possible to choose it in options, but i don't think it should be used. but...aw, fluffy persuaded me...so...i'm not sure.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 10:12:27 am by Ivarska »

Offline shoes

• Major(1)
  • C'est un vrai français
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2006, 06:39:14 pm »
haha walls around the flag. You shoot them down. not to be mean but duuuurrrr

are you guys familiar with the harvest moon games? Yeah, strange having a suggestion coming from a non shooting game.

well, in the gba ones atleast what happens is you collide with people, but if they keep pushing you they'll eventually get past you after several seconds. You can block them again after they get past you if you catch up.

Maybe you can't have that in soldat. Maybe there has to be steady resistance instead of magically popping through some guy, but that's the basic idea.

Possible solution? afkers won't be a problem but you have realistic blocking action.
C'est un vrai français

Offline Hootie hoo

• Camper
  • "Noone" isn't a word.
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2006, 08:44:31 pm »
Eh, maybe. It should either be a server option, or not stop, but slow down the player, or both...
And jumping on people should do about as much damage as a punch if realistic mode is on. Yay ninja factors.
Image removed please read the forum rules.

Offline The_Teacher

• Major
  • Only the saw is unstained from filthy blood!
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2006, 12:45:26 pm »
Hmm, make it optional, like advanced mode. Then it's up to the creator to choose.
Wall around the flag, good one^^

I loled.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 12:47:01 pm by The_Teacher »
My aim sucks.

Offline kevman

• Major(1)
  • Proud Member of |SSN|
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2006, 11:29:41 pm »
its a good idea, but it would cause a lot of problems, server option would be the best idea i think
|SSN|Kevman

Offline The Red Guy

• Flagrunner
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2006, 03:17:04 am »
Okay, heres my complaints:
1. What if players spawn at the same time? Will they be STUCK INSIDE EACH OTHER :O
Just like Counter-Strike 1.6 :D
I vote no.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2006, 02:07:19 pm »
@MofoNofo:
1. a spawn point only defines a general area of spawning; they don't spawn at the exact pixel-same spot every time. Besides, Soldat could be programmed so that soldaten spawning will not spawn into each other, but just right next to.
2. "... if a soldat walks and another soldat is on them, they will both move." It could just be programmed so they can't carry each other, and a few bullets will shove a soldat off another anyways due to just the push.
3. That'd be cool! It'd be more tactical, and besides when they're corpses they'd lose their collision anyways. :P

@echo_trail: just push him out of the way. Bullets and explosives shove.

I think this would be pretty cool, but given Soldat's current programming I don't think it's possible. :-\

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2006, 02:16:16 pm »
I see your point, KC, but knowing how soldat normally works out, I'd say there's a billion potential problems connected with this. I don't think it would really work out..

Offline Plonkoon

• Veteran
  • I know Karate!....and several other Japanese words
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2006, 02:37:07 pm »
Just too many new bugs would have to be worked out, and closely packed squads of allies would be too annoying to attempt.

Offline xbandit

• Major(1)
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2006, 02:08:40 am »
if soldat would 3d then its good idea but its 2d and some ppl would block doors. or if you can push them away its good idea :)

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2006, 02:52:33 am »
I remeber this was suggested before, and I made an image to explain why it was such a bad idea. I'll try to find it...

Offline kevman

• Major(1)
  • Proud Member of |SSN|
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2006, 12:44:12 am »
@MofoNofo:
1. a spawn point only defines a general area of spawning; they don't spawn at the exact pixel-same spot every time. Besides, Soldat could be programmed so that soldaten spawning will not spawn into each other, but just right next to.
2. "... if a soldat walks and another soldat is on them, they will both move." It could just be programmed so they can't carry each other, and a few bullets will shove a soldat off another anyways due to just the push.
3. That'd be cool! It'd be more tactical, and besides when they're corpses they'd lose their collision anyways. :P

@echo_trail: just push him out of the way. Bullets and explosives shove.

I think this would be pretty cool, but given Soldat's current programming I don't think it's possible. :-\

on number 3, what about maps like run? where its a total enclosure? there would be nowhere to push them to execpt allthe way the bottom, which would be a major waste in time and resources of the team
|SSN|Kevman