Author Topic: Knife only servers and community  (Read 5005 times)

Offline ViN

• Camper
  • Try, Fail, Repeat.
Knife only servers and community
« on: September 27, 2009, 02:31:14 pm »
Why is the knife only community so f*cked?
I just got into it, been playing for a few days and I gotta say that I'm suprisingly good at it(really :P ), but why there's so many people that would call me a noob and start vote kicking?
I was just playing at Beo's Knife #1, when some faggot called Pinky came in. He warped like hell, I told him that he lags, he started whining. The whine went on for 4 maps, I tried arguing with him, but that little moron can't even speak proper english.
He was acting like a retard, going "l2p" every time he's killed me, he was flooding the chat.
I asked Beo and the other admin (Bruiser was his name I think) to kick or gmute him, no response. Tried vote kicking him too, nothing.
I thought "screw him, I'll just ignore", and gmuted him, then after sereval times I've killed him, he started crying and vote kicked me for a reason "Server possible cheating", which even the admin said "F12" at.
What the f*ck? Why do the admins support retarded 12 year olds like him? I thought knife-only was a nice community, seems like not.
/end of rant

Geekier than you!

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
Re: Knife only servers and community
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 02:38:31 pm »
The problem is not `Pinky'; the problem is you. You need to learn to deal with people such as him without whining, which justifies how you were treated. If someone pisses you off in-game, you either leave or deal with it.
There are other worlds than these

Offline ViN

• Camper
  • Try, Fail, Repeat.
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 02:40:11 pm »
The problem is not `Pinky'; the problem is you. You need to learn to deal with people such as him without whining, which justifies how you were treated. If someone pisses you off in-game, you either leave or deal with it.
Why would I leave, when that's the only european knife-only server that was running at the time?
I did deal with it, I just gmuted that little twat, but then I got votekicked when he got heavily owned.
Where's that my fault(exept for that I ever talked to him about the lag)

Geekier than you!

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 02:41:54 pm »
Why would I leave, when that's the only european knife-only server that was running at the time?

Wait for another one to appear or join a different server?

Most in game server admins are assholes who won't listen to complaints of other players, which annoy them more than anything. Complaining to players about their ping will always piss them off.

You just need to learn to not complain, as that's what started your terrible situation.

Offline ViN

• Camper
  • Try, Fail, Repeat.
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 02:43:37 pm »

Most in game server admins are assholes who won't listen to complaints of other players, which annoy them more than anything. Complaining to players about their ping will always piss them off.

You just need to learn to not complain, as that's what started your terrible situation.
Figured out that much. Still, when someone tells me I've got a bad ping and that's true(that guy was warping like hell) I just leave the game and try to fix it instead of starting a flamewar.

Geekier than you!

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 02:44:20 pm »

Figured out that much. Still, when someone tells me I've got a bad ping and that's true(that guy was warping like hell) I just leave the game and try to fix it instead of starting a flamewar.

Well obviously that guy wasn't reasonable at all and didn't feel like responding well to your valid accusation.

Offline ViN

• Camper
  • Try, Fail, Repeat.
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2009, 02:46:08 pm »
Also, Beo isn't an in-game admin, but the owner of the servers, I still think that he should be more thoughtful for the players.

Geekier than you!

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2009, 02:49:25 pm »
Also, Beo isn't an in-game admin, but the owner of the servers, I still think that he should be more thoughtful for the players.

Well, that sucks. In that case, he doesn't deserve the extra popularity you're giving him. Boycott his servers.

Offline ViN

• Camper
  • Try, Fail, Repeat.
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2009, 02:50:55 pm »

Well, that sucks. In that case, he doesn't deserve the extra popularity you're giving him. Boycott his servers.
I am doing that, right now.

Geekier than you!

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2009, 03:28:46 pm »
You know it's this kind of situations that proves that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely and whatnot, the only thing you can do is ignore ANYTHING that could turn into an argument and if the people\admins on a certain server are assholes remind yourself that there's nothing you can do about it, simply leave.
b&

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2009, 03:31:41 pm »
You know it's this kind of situations that proves that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely and whatnot,

umm not all [server] admins are evil/mean?

Offline Beowulf Agate

• Major
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2009, 12:40:44 pm »
He warped like hell
[...]
Tried vote kicking him too, nothing

He didn't warp at all, maybe for u only. Your's votekick fail seems to confirm that.

I asked Beo and the other admin (Bruiser was his name I think) to kick or gmute him, no response.

I joined server in the middle of your 'argue' with other player, so i didn't really knew why it started and i didn't care much becouse Pinky wasn't cheating, laging, swearing etc. and like u said, u muted him.

he started crying and vote kicked me for a reason "Server possible cheating", which even the admin said "F12" at.

Server voted you for 'possible cheating' not Pinky, so yeah, me and other players pressed F12. It's natural.

Why is the knife only community so f*cked?

Please, don't judge all community for being 'f**ked' after single argue with other player on one of the many Knife Only servers and please ponder this:

« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 12:46:15 pm by Beowulf Agate »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2009, 12:47:33 pm »
And actually you started whining, not Pinky. You, for crying out loud, started to whine about "warping".

Offline Vos

• Soldier
    • http://kosoldat.forumer.com/index.php
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2009, 06:09:38 pm »
First of all, beo dont support pinky, he has always been known as one of the biggest lagger ever.

and vin, you just played wrong time wrong place i suppose.. the public ko community is to s**t to play with, ko mainly exists of players who are constantly on private servers playing clanwars, friendlyclanwars and flag wars. (2x2,3x3,4x4 mainly)
conclusion: public suck & some ppl do suck even moar! hehe...

And I feel sorry for you (vin) that you've met certain people there..

edit: those moderators or whoever they think they are shouldn't even be here, they dont know ko nor can play properly
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 06:12:45 pm by Vos »
For signatures, you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kB in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

Offline Bruiser

• Major(1)
    • http://soldat.crew.sk
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2009, 03:18:25 am »
Quote from: ViN
I asked Beo and the other admin (Bruiser was his name I think) to kick or gmute him, no response. Tried vote kicking him too, nothing.

As well as Beo I joined the server, when ViN & Pinky already wrangled, that is why I did not mute or kick anyone. I hope that is argumentative.

Advices:
- Learn to ignore certain bastards on public servers
- Note: If you complain about something or at least speak your mind and call somebody "lagger/warper/hacker" you can perceive guilty people because they start insulting and swearing immediately after your complain and call you a whiner.
Apart from that, have fun in future knifing :)

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2009, 07:51:10 am »
You should be happy that beo is hosting the server.

In a perfect world soldatserver kicks laggers. If admins have to take action its there is a chance they decide wrong but who is perfect?

There should be also other ko servers at least my soldatservers. If they are hanging or sth you know where to complain :P

I wonder why the knife only gather servers I host are so unpopular maybe its because  people are to lazy to join the irc channel. Whatever.

If players annoy you the best way is to kill them over and over again. this way they leave on their own because of frustration. But you need to be good enougth for that. If the player lags its just a greater challange.

Soldat is about fun so enjoy your game ;)
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline Silnikos

• Soldier
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2009, 03:30:38 am »
I wonder why the knife only gather servers I host are so unpopular maybe its because  people are to lazy to join the irc channel. Whatever.
Xfire is way more popular than IRC in KO, so ppl just ask each other if someone want to playw some fun match, they join one of private servers and they play. I think there's too few people to play regular gathers trough irc.

Offline ghengis_kahn

• Major(1)
  • look for g-k.ath.cx servers. all are welcome!
    • Genghis Khan is alive and well and running a game server in Atlanta
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2009, 08:49:33 pm »
just started a new knife server. g-k.ath.cx knives only 32 players deathmatch.
I dont know much about the knive only community so if there is some standard settings I dont have set, please email me.  Just trying to provide a nice relatively fast knife only server. 
Genghis Khan is alive and well and running a game server in Atlanta
look for g-k.ath.cx servers. all are welcome!
http://wiki.soldat.nl/Genghis-kahn
I run alot of  servers right now. dont think I can run many more but trying.
my favorite is rocket pistol, only pistols, law's and chainsaws allowed.
check out http://g-k.ath.cx/  I now have a server list page, http://g-k.ath.cx/cgi-bin/serverlist.cgi