Author Topic: mods .png problem  (Read 1840 times)

Offline shock1301

• Major(1)
mods .png problem
« on: October 06, 2009, 10:06:36 am »
I have the enhanced 2 mod but it doesn't show interface well all the .png pics. It shows bitmap only  :'( .
How do I fix this?  [pigtail]

Offline Centurion

• Flagrunner
Re: mods .png problem
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 10:34:10 am »
Wrong section.

Rename the .png to .bmp and they should display it.

Offline shock1301

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 10:40:49 am »
umm sorry for posting in the wrong section. I went in to properties and added .bmp but its only for title. It's still .png

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
  • It's a real burn, being right so often.
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 11:32:14 am »
Open it with a photo editor (like Gimp) got to Edit/save as/2.png rename to 2.bmp/then save

Offline Centurion

• Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 01:37:01 pm »
There was used transparency or other kind of shit. If he edits it with some photo editor he will lose the quality. Better do this:

*Open My Computer
*Tools > Folder Options > View
*Untick: Hide extensions for known file types. (Now you can see the file extensions and file names, example: You used to see soldatmod but now you see soldatmod.png)
*Remove the .png and replace it with .bmp
*Answer Yes if it asks/ warns something.
*Should work now.

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 07:22:27 pm »
I have the enhanced 2 mod but it doesn't show interface well all the .png pics. It shows bitmap only  :'( .

You must be using Soldat 1.4 or higher (so that .png's work).

You must install the mod as the readme instructs you to (unzip it to your Soldat directory).

Try that. It won't look as good if you convert the images to bitmap as they use alpha transparency.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline shock1301

• Major(1)
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 02:55:22 am »

You must be using Soldat 1.4 or higher (so that .png's work).

You must install the mod as the readme instructs you to (unzip it to your Soldat directory).

Try that. It won't look as good if you convert the images to bitmap as they use alpha transparency.
:( using soldat 1.5. Also I did follow the readme, extracted to soldat folder in C:/. I tried having the original file .bmp and .png but it shows the .bmp only and when I delete .bmp it still shows. If I try the method above (changing .png to .bmp will it be bad graphic? Soldat 1.5 just doesn't seem to prioritize .png files, also same name file)

OS/Windows Vista

EDIT: Still have the same default interface.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 03:25:20 am by shock1301 »

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 07:10:48 am »
Screenshot please.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

DarkCrusade

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2009, 09:01:36 am »
All plain: Just copy the interface-gfx from the mod without the guns to your main soldat folder and you are done. Just delete the old interface and copy the new one into the folder.

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2009, 02:05:13 pm »
Does the rest of the mod install properly? (Weapon interface, sounds and sprites).

Perhaps you should try starting fresh with a new install of Soldat... Nobody else has had this problem.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2009, 07:25:47 am »
(changing .png to .bmp will it be bad graphic? Soldat 1.5 just doesn't seem to prioritize .png files, also same name file)

I feel like explaining this. When you take a PNG image and change the file extension to .bmp, no real change happens to the file and Soldat realizes it should be a png and handles it as such. Back in the pre 1.4 days, whenever you wanted to use a png image you just changed the extension to .bmp and that was it.

But yeah, as Mangled* just mentioned, try starting with a fresh install of Soldat. (uninstall, then manually remove the c:\Soldat folder)
There are other worlds than these