Author Topic: Is Mapping Currently Worth It?  (Read 4116 times)

Offline zakath

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
    • Soldatladder
Re: Is Mapping Currently Worth It?
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2009, 09:35:49 am »
Yeah, and also support embedded scenery and textures via base64, so having external files for a texture/scenery that's only used by one map isn't necessary anymore.
dunno about that as downloading them separately saves bandwidth as well as diskspace.

#soldat.mapping - #soldat.inc - #soldatladder - #soldat.gather.nordic

Offline Kouleman

• Major(1)
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2009, 04:19:44 am »
Abouth is mapping worthy. Well not right now. New versions came out not too long ago actually. People aren't bored yet with the new addings. But if this versions grows older and older... (like last one did) The mapping community will flourish once again I belive.

As I tought new version will kill mapping. And it is supposed to do so. If new versions wouldn't kill mapping it would be a failed version.

And yup... new type of polygons could help.
One way polygons. trampoline polygons. "Flag carrier only collidor/flag collidor"
Hhmm... maybe some "wind" effects... could fly faster on certain areas to certain direction and if you try to move "agains wind" you would be slower...

We need more posibilitys.
The currently "mine of maps" is pretty much dig dry. Sure we still can improve a bit of our old works. But they won't be "much" difrent. The gaming experience won't change much.

Offline Biggles

• Flagrunner
  • Mapping rotating
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2009, 01:10:05 pm »
well I'm kinda tired of the new adds already :P and I hope there might come a new mode, cuz soldat is way to boring.