Author Topic: [EDITED! Version 4] List of most annoying Soldat bugs!  (Read 4956 times)

Offline Cube2

• Major(1)
[EDITED! Version 4] List of most annoying Soldat bugs!
« on: October 21, 2009, 05:43:29 pm »
Hey, too bad for some reason I cannot login with my real account "Cube", but there seems to be an error, maybe some admin can fix this? Thanks.

Now back to the topic.

Soldat, as much as we all love it, has some bugs. This is a list, in no particular order, of bugs that are the most annoying ones when just trying to have a decent massacre at Soldat ;)

1. Barrett-no-instant-zoom: That happens randomly (at least appears to me) and annoys the crap out of me, plus I missed a couple kills because of that. You lie down, or crouch, and expect the Barrett to do its infamous zoom - but it doesn't happen! Then you have to get up, and try it once again - or even more times until the scope is finally being used.

2. Double-throw-weapon-away: You throw away one weapon, time it perfectly to pick up that one lying on the ground - and what happens? Your gostek just drops that second one right away as well! This possibly happens if you press the F button for too long, but seriously, even barely tapping it produces this bug. Hope y'all know what I'm talking about.

3. Scoreboard-empty-spots: This one's a bummer! Usually in Deathmatches (never happend during CTF) when you press F1 to view your awesome Kill:Death ratio - your entry is just a blank line! Often many more people on that server are just left out. Annoying annoying annoying!

4. Filters-of-serverlist-not-working: I select that I just want Weapon Mod servers and what happens? I get all servers. Happens with other filters as well. Does that just happen to me or is that normal?

5. Non-English-Alphabet-not-working: I often write with German Umlauts, Polish special letters, or even in Russian or Hebrew - while Russian works, the German Umlauts just produce a "?" sign insteäd öf this kindä stüff.

6. Barrett-shot-ready-or-not?: Yeah, you might not really call that a bug, rather a suggestion or obversation (and might be easily fixed with custom UI) - The Barrett is an accurate weapon. Between each shot, you have to wait until this little slider goes all the way to the left. For uber-exact heatshot timing however, the slider itself is way to thick, and you kinda have to guess the middle of it and look when it reaches the left end. I'm not sure of an alternative, but there's gotta be something possible.

7. Most-random-"kling"sound-bug-ever: Hard to describe this. Every once in a while, possibly when I push a wrong combination of buttons at the same time or something (don't know, just speculation), Soldat makes (better: Windows makes) that KLING sound, like a message pops up (which it doesn't, just the sound comes up), and from then on I cannot type anything in soldat, cannot use taunts, no votes, no scoreboard, and every couple seconds that sound comes again. Truly mysterious and scary, I don't really know what it is.

8. Shot-offset-right-after-reload: Sometimes if you shoot immediately after reloading is done (for example, if you kept holding fire button when it was reloading) - your shot will be a bit offset. This is caused by the transition animation after reload - it's a bit longer than Barrett's start-up time, so if you shoot too soon - you'll shoot before the animation is finished and the bullet will be offset. (Thanks L[0ne]R)

9. Threw-away-my-weapon-instead-of-knife: If you press "throw" before the animation for weapon switching is done - you'll throw away your current weapon, not the one you're switching to. Easy fix would be to make Soldat ignore the "throw away" command until you have finished switching weapons. (Thanks L[0ner]R)

10. Server-list-reloads-'n'-stops: This one is really fun. You request the serverlist and it just downloads a few servers. You have to try it again and again and again. Better luck next time ;) (Thanks Shoozza)

11. Dead-Throw-Key: Throwing weapons while you are standing on another one disables the throw key (you have to switch weapons to get it working again) (Thanks Shoozza and biohazard)

12. Weaponsmenu's-too-fast-for-ya: Weapons menu doesn't want to go away when respawn time is very low (you have to be very fast to get rid of it) (Thanks Shoozza)

13. AltTab-screwes-weaponsmenu-up-again: Alt-tabbing enables Weaponsmenu again (yay more fun getting rid of it) (Thanks Shoozzääää)

14. Dead-weaponz: Some weapons glued to the ground so that you cant pick them up (yeah lulz description) (Thanks Shoozza) (Temporary Workaround: Shoot teh gun!, suggested by biohazard; or just lie down on it, suggested by me :)

15.Magic-law-wind-bug: You're about to do that perfect distance LAW snipe on somebody, you aim just right, shoot it, but it doesn't hit them! The magic law wind blows him away, and the law projectile rarely hurts, let alone kills him. (Thanks pavliko)

16. And-the-flag-goes-wooooooooo: Throwing a flag should be accurate. As for right now, it's more of a random throwaway than a precise pass of the basketball. (Thanks biohazard)

17. Invisible-bullets: Happens so often, you think you're safe, coz that M79er missed, but suddenly, and out of nowhere, you die - hit by an invisible bullet. Luckily (or, sadly) happens the other way round as well: he hits your perfectly, but you get just pushed away and survive, though usually the wall behind you the has an invisible explosion. I assume connected to #15 Magic-law-wind-bug.(Thanks biohazard)

18. Fake-bonuses&medipacks: You have that 1% hp left and you're running away from that Minigun sprayer, make a jump into that medipack that appears to be the only way to survive... And what happens? You don't get healed, the medipack failed you. Some people call them LAGGY boni (bonuses) and medipacks, but c'mon, seriously: It can't be a bug that's impossible to fix, like lag, which is 'cause of the slow internet/far distance. Either there is a medipack, or there isn't.

Thanks for reading.

CRITIQUE AND COMMENTS VERY APPRECIATED
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 09:21:12 am by Cube2 »

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
Re: List of most annoying Soldat bugs!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 08:09:34 pm »
The last one you mentioned has annoyed me since 2006..

Add some more to to the list and I might consider stickying it, so newcomers know they're not alone when encountering these.
There are other worlds than these

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 08:24:22 pm »
Barret zoom bugs really are annoying as hell. Also, sometimes if you shoot immediately after reloading is done (for example, if you kept holding fire button when it was reloading) - your shot will be a bit offset. This is caused by the transition animation after reload - it's a bit longer than barrett's start-up time, so if you shoot too soon - you'll shoot before the animation is finished and the bullet will be offset.

Don't forget the "threw away my weapon insdead of knife" bug. If you press "throw" before the animation for weapon switching is done - you'll throw away your current weapon, not the one you're switching to.
Easy fix would be to make Soldat ignore the "throw away" command until you have finished switching weapons.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 08:27:36 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline biohazard

• Camper
  • B4bY NighT
    • B4bY NighT
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 09:00:55 pm »
What a shotest list...

what i rly hate, is try to pump a droped weapon on the ground, and nothing happen, even if i move turning around it O.o

But srly, there are lots more annoying and oldest bugs

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 12:03:18 am »
2. Double-throw-weapon-away: You throw away one weapon, time it perfectly to pick up that one lying on the ground - and what happens? Your gostek just drops that second one right away as well! This possibly happens if you press the F button for too long, but seriously, even barely tapping it produces this bug. Hope y'all know what I'm talking about.
This happens only if you are standing directly on the floor weapon when you press the throw key. It's bugged (haha pun) me for ages.

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 01:03:30 am »
The Double-throw-weapon-away thingy can very useful if you play with knife.
The Scoreboard empty spots will get fixed in Soldat 1.5.1 but yeah it definitely made DM less fun.

My top soldat bugs are:
-4. Request Serverlist Stopps: This one is really fun. You request the serverlist and it just downloads a few servers. You have to try it again and again and again. Better luck next time ;)

-3. Dead throw key: Throwing weapons while you are standing on another one disables the throw key (you have to switch weapons to get it working again)

-2. Anti-Weaponsmenu disabling: Weapons menu doesn't want to go away when respawn time is very low (you have to be very fast to get rid of it)

-1. Alt+Tab extra: Alt-tabbing enables Weaponsmenu again (yay more fun getting rid of it)

0. Dead weapons: Some weapons glued to the ground so that you cant pick them up (yeah funny description)
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 01:06:55 am »
0. Dead weapons: Some weapons glued to the ground so that you cant pick them up (yeah funny description)

Are you kidding? That's always BOTHERED me for ages, especially when I want to get my own knife back.

Offline biohazard

• Camper
  • B4bY NighT
    • B4bY NighT
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 01:33:02 am »

Are you kidding? That's always BOTHERED me for ages, especially when I want to get my own knife back.

just shoot them once and you can get it back

Offline pavliko

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • >‿‿◕
    • Offical TTW Community
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 02:05:21 am »
Magic wind bug annoys the hell out of me, you law someone and a magic wind blows him away from the law so it wont hit him and mosty never hurts him

The safest thing to do is jumping out of a plane!

Offline Cube2

• Major(1)
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2009, 04:10:07 am »
What a shotest list...

what i rly hate, is try to pump a droped weapon on the ground, and nothing happen, even if i move turning around it O.o

But srly, there are lots more annoying and oldest bugs

ok. then post them here so we can gather them!

BTW Guys updated version, we can do this, tell me more, we'll bust them all!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 04:19:22 am by Cube2 »

Offline biohazard

• Camper
  • B4bY NighT
    • B4bY NighT
Re: [EDITED! Version 2] List of most annoying Soldat bugs!
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2009, 04:26:13 am »
Rly annoying is when you are about to do a perfect flag throw, and it goes to the backside, mostly on your enemies hands...

Another thing is the invisible stuff: knifes, nades(air and ground), laws, m79... even more when law/m79 do ricochets...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 04:30:17 am by biohazard »

Offline Cube2

• Major(1)
Re: [EDITED! Version 2] List of most annoying Soldat bugs!
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2009, 04:34:50 am »
Rly annoying is when you are about to do a perfect flag throw, and it goes to the backside, mostly on your enemies hands...

Another thing is the invisible stuff: knifes, nades(air and ground), laws, m79... even more when law/m79 do ricochets...

got'em

Offline biohazard

• Camper
  • B4bY NighT
    • B4bY NighT
Re: [EDITED! Version 3] List of most annoying Soldat bugs!
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2009, 06:40:45 am »
JEZUZ-HELLA-FUKING-HALEJUIA-FAKE-MEDI-KITS-CHRIST

rly annoying... RLY

Offline [SIRS]Foxconn^^2012

• Soldier
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2009, 07:08:42 am »
JEZUZ-HELLA-FUKING-HALEJUIA-FAKE-MEDI-KITS-CHRIST

rly annoying... RLY

QFT lewl :DDD

Really, those bugs makes me fakkign mad.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2009, 07:45:10 am »
Foxconn, biohazard, stop the spam now before I start handin gout warnings.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Cube2

• Major(1)
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2009, 09:07:20 am »
Foxconn, biohazard, stop the spam now before I start handin gout warnings.

hey jrgp, by the way, i cannot login with my account "Cube", it says there is some issue with transitioning user. could you check that?

Offline Centurion

• Flagrunner
Re: [EDITED! Version 4] List of most annoying Soldat bugs!
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2009, 09:50:38 am »
All true about those bugs. But I have a question to you Cube2.

" Have you ever lead a clan named [h20]???

Offline Neosano

• Camper
  • IIAWAK!
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2009, 12:00:51 pm »
Another Barrett bug:
Sometimes when you press fire button too early(When your weapon is not reloaded yet) it shoots only  after 3-4 seconds(Not just a start up time, much longer!)
Dunno why, maybe happens when someone shoot you.
KAWAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIII

Offline Cube2

• Major(1)
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2009, 01:29:13 pm »
All true about those bugs. But I have a question to you Cube2.

" Have you ever lead a clan named [h20]???

yes i did. why?

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2009, 09:39:54 am »
@Centurion and @ Cube2
Stay ontopic and use pm's for your offtopic talk.

In fact if you hit a dead player with knife it continues for fly but is non visible to anyone.
Still can be useful if you know that but obviously shouldn't be that way.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod