Author Topic: [EDITED! Version 4] List of most annoying Soldat bugs!  (Read 5002 times)

Offline RafiPZ

• Soldier
  • You can't spell awesome without ME!
Re: [EDITED! Version 4] List of most annoying Soldat bugs!
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2009, 06:40:48 pm »
OMFG, number 7 happens to me everytime I play.
I have to end the task and of course get kicked out by battleye GRRRR!

Offline Toxic Avenger

• Major
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2009, 05:55:41 am »
I agree with almost everything on your list.
You should add the crouchbug too.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 06:05:00 am by Toxic Avenger »

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2009, 06:35:39 am »
1. Barrett-no-instant-zoom: That happens randomly (at least appears to me) and annoys the crap out of me, plus I missed a couple kills because of that. You lie down, or crouch, and expect the Barrett to do its infamous zoom - but it doesn't happen! Then you have to get up, and try it once again - or even more times until the scope is finally being used.
This is an animation bug seen mostly in proning. You will know that your Soldat won't zoom when you see him not appearing to aim through the sniper scope, but instead having his body bent upwards, as though looking into the distance.

This is not random, but is still a bug nevertheless. The system is supposed to work in such a way that if you have fired a shot, you won't be able to scope, but you can scope when your gun is fully loaded. However, it doesn't work perfectly. For example, let's say you fired a shot while standing. After 120 ticks, you prone. You will get the animation I have described above. Instead of having to wait 120 ticks before you can scope (because that is when you can fire your next shot), you have to wait a full 240 ticks. Currently, what you can do to deal with it is to make sure that your Barrett is fully loaded (meaning you can fire your second shot), then unprone and prone again. Crouching doesn't solve the problem.

Here's how you tell if you won't zoom: (left = zoom, right = won't zoom)

EDIT: According to SpiltCoffee, you can also tap the grenade button to solve this.

Also, regarding the one on "fake bonuses", it also works on the reverse: there are no medkits on the floor, yet if you walk over the floor (usually where the bonus spawns), you will pick up an invisible medkit and heal.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 05:18:44 pm by STM1993 »

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2009, 08:01:23 am »
If you wanna force the zoom, tap the grenade button.

Good ol' E. Solves just about every gostek bug (except crouchbug).
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline Fryer

• Camper
  • Game dev
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2009, 11:04:06 am »
Something else i find really annoying is when you prone and start firing your weapon. Then maybe you wanna stand up while your firing, but you just automatically flip down into prone position again. :|
...PC vs Mac is like AK47 vs M4A1...
<DutchFlame`> i once heard running runescape in the background gave you a speedboost
<Mr> yes, it allocates more electrons, so there are more electrons available for Soldat -> they are streched less and it is more fluent

Soldat PolyWorks 1.5.0.13 - AimMode - Aim practise gamemode script - Fryer's SoldatStream Mod

Offline biohazard

• Camper
  • B4bY NighT
    • B4bY NighT
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2009, 11:23:06 am »
Something else i find really annoying is when you prone and start firing your weapon. Then maybe you wanna stand up while your firing, but you just automatically flip down into prone position again. :|

yep, you must stop firing, or a faster "aim-to-the-back"

Offline Cube2

• Major(1)
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2009, 01:30:10 pm »

which would be?

1. Barrett-no-instant-zoom: That happens randomly (at least appears to me) and annoys the crap out of me, plus I missed a couple kills because of that. You lie down, or crouch, and expect the Barrett to do its infamous zoom - but it doesn't happen! Then you have to get up, and try it once again - or even more times until the scope is finally being used.
This is an animation bug seen mostly in proning. You will know that your Soldat won't zoom when you see him not appearing to aim through the sniper scope, but instead having his body bent upwards, as though looking into the distance.

This is not random, but is still a bug nevertheless. The system is supposed to work in such a way that if you have fired a shot, you won't be able to scope, but you can scope when your gun is fully loaded. However, it doesn't work perfectly. For example, let's say you fired a shot while standing. After 120 ticks, you prone. You will get the animation I have described above. Instead of having to wait 120 ticks before you can scope (because that is when you can fire your next shot), you have to wait a full 240 ticks. Currently, what you can do to deal with it is to make sure that your Barrett is fully loaded (meaning you can fire your second shot), then unprone and prone again. Crouching doesn't solve the problem.

Here's how you tell if you won't zoom: (left = zoom, right = won't zoom)

Also, regarding the one on "fake bonuses", it also works on the reverse: there are no medkits on the floor, yet if you walk over the floor (usually where the bonus spawns), you will pick up an invisible medkit and heal.

Thanks for the explanation. And it's true, the fake bonus bug also works reverse. That's often a joyful surprise when you gave up your last hope and "randomly" get 100% health back!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 01:32:07 pm by Cube2 »

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2009, 04:38:33 pm »
which would be?
Crouchbug is a relatively random but well-known bug that happens most frequently when you roll/backflip while reloading (usually happens to the M79). It causes you to go into a bugged animation.

Under the effects of crouchbug, you continuously move in the direction of where you are rolling/backflipping towards (ie: if you backflip or roll backwards, you will move backwards, but if you roll forward, you will move forward). You are also affected by gravity. You can use your jet boots to gain altitude. Traveling in crouchbug is actually very fast, kinda like prone jetting (ie: prone, then use jets to dive downwards). In addition, your reload is paused and you may not shoot. Certain weapon mods will screw up the animation as well, causing crouchbug to occur everytime you roll/backflip. It's a fun bug, but annoying when playing seriously. Apparently from what I hear, MM didn't want to fix this bug because he thought it was funny.

To cancel out of this bug, simply prone and unprone.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 04:46:27 pm by STM1993 »

Offline Neosano

• Camper
  • IIAWAK!
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2009, 05:14:54 pm »
MM didn't want to fix this bug because he thought it was funny.
... That's not funny at all!

STM1993, I love your explanations!
KAWAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIII