Author Topic: Dreams....  (Read 12446 times)

Offline pavliko

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • >‿‿◕
    • Offical TTW Community
Dreams....
« on: November 01, 2009, 03:14:21 am »
Sometimes we all have weird or stupid dreams!
Hmmm maybe lets talk about them? :O
Here i start.
Yesterday i was playing soldat and bam! i fell asleep  ;D
and i was dreaming about some soldat new version is getting released in 5 hours(soldat.pl has a fancy countdown flash).
So i wake up, take this craptop and start to download soldat.
Opened it and WAHA! its same old version T__T
The safest thing to do is jumping out of a plane!

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
Re: Dreams....
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 03:18:57 am »
I don't know what to think of this thread but I do know this: Go see a doctor. You are an soldat addict.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 04:01:32 am »
I had a dream where I was falling through the air, i'd never actually been on a roller coaster or anything like that before so i had no idea what it was even like.  But when I got on a roller coaster for the first time ever, some of it felt exactly like I remembered from my dream, the air resistance felt exactly the same as i'd imagined.  I was amazed, so i put skydiving next on my to-do list.

Player since late 2007

Offline Centurion

• Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 04:29:30 am »
Sometimes we all have weird or stupid dreams!
Hmmm maybe lets talk about them? :O
Here i start.
Yesterday i was playing soldat and bam! i fell asleep  ;D
and i was dreaming about some soldat new version is getting released in 5 hours(soldat.pl has a fancy countdown flash).
So i wake up, take this craptop and start to download soldat.
Opened it and WAHA! its same old version T__T

You have played way too much soldat. Give it a break and rest yourself.

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2009, 04:29:59 am »
I don't know what to think of this thread but I do know this: Go see a doctor. You are an soldat addict.
it's more than normal to dream about things you experianced during the day.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2009, 08:48:45 am »
I dreamed I was in the world I am creating right now as a hobby writer. lol. It was great

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2009, 09:02:48 am »
Very true, in basic training many people confess to having dreams about training.

What consumes your mind during the day with consume it during the night as well.
@ii

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2009, 10:07:37 am »
Is it normal if you can't remember you dreams? I just can't remember.... Or even remember having it.... It's a simple black out!
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2009, 10:29:46 am »
It is, if im right, you have 3-4 dreams per night, but you dont remember them, actually, you just remember the last one, but only if you wake up a short time after it has ended, or you will forget that one too.

As for me, i dont remember having a dream for 1-2 years. >_>
It aint that nice.
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline PANZERCATWAGON

• Camper
  • oh god: blowjobs
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2009, 10:47:34 am »
i dont dream anymore

the last interesting dream i remember having was about having steven seagal round my house for dinner and no one knew who he was

everyone has dreams like that

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2009, 11:30:36 am »
I see plenty dreams, but I rarely remember a thing from them.
I do know for sure I saw some dream today aswell, but I just cant recall it.

Its like when I woke up, my brains did a cache data delete.
o____o

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2009, 12:55:51 pm »
If I'm not wrong all dreams are in REM sleep phase. REM stands for Rapid Eyes Movement.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2009, 02:05:24 pm »
Its like when I woke up, my brains did a cache data delete.
o____o
What i said.

Also, furai, afaik, if you dont have the REM phase, you will die or go crazy in a short amount of time.
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2009, 03:58:39 pm »
What consumes your mind during the day will consume it during the night as well.

True 80% of the time. I've had so many dreams not relevant to anything. Maybe just little excerpts of the day discretely shine here n' there, but rarely (unless I'm learning/doing something relatively new to my life that consumes a substantial part of my day/mind).

As for me, I dream so friggin often. Especially when I wake up throughout the night. And frankly, I remember most of them. Unless I dream every night of the week, and then my mind starts to replace dream-memory with more dreams ::)

Edit:

I even document some of my more profound dreams. I'll type one up if I find anything decent. Example: had a dream where I had to cross-dress to sneak into some old Victorian family because I was some spy er something. I had to play the role of one of their missing daughters. I just remember it being really hard to mask her voice, and I'd slip up, but they inherently didn't care. It ended with me in a fist fight with the father because the real daughter came home and blew my cover.

Oh my goodness, and as I typed that one up, I remember 3 more...

Another quick one: I was at a bar with my ex. Had to use the bathroom. So I went to take a piss at a urinal. I guess some guy came in (who was a freakshoow) wanted my nuts. So he started approaching my back (screw taking the piss). The dumb idiot, when he got close enough, I rammed my elbow into his face once, then two more times into my pillow, and then punched myself in the nose (in real life). That was one hell of a wake up. I've never waken up so violently in my life. Guess it was because it was the morning after I broke with my girl friend... weird s**t.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 04:11:00 pm by Blacksheepboy »

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2009, 05:20:28 pm »
I had a pretty vivid dream last night.

~~~

So it was in the morning, on the school bus. The bus got pulled over by a partyvan. Then one of the dressed all in black officers or whatever they are walked into the bus and pretty much screamed, "Which one of you is Joseph G."?

Everyone on the bus pointed at me with blank expressions on their faces. As I walked off the bus, I was handcouffed. The guy started to tell me my Miranda Rights and said, "You are under arrest for over 9000 counts of copyright infringement!"

~~~

I awoke in  a deep sweat, shaking all over, and was in a state of f**king euphoria, "I'm not under arrest!" Suddenly the thought of closing my torrents seems like a good idea :(
There are other worlds than these

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2009, 02:11:46 pm »
I've had similar nightmares where things are getting totally screwy similar to yours and while you're sleeping and still seeing that crap, you feel like its all real and you are awake.

After you wake up and realize it was just a nightmare, its one big relief as you think to yourself "holy fucking shit what crap I just experienced. Thank goodness that was just a nightmare."

I've come to notice that nightmares appear when air circulation within your bedroom fails. Opening windows to provide air is a good way to prevent these dreams from turning bad.

Offline Snow

• Camper
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2009, 05:32:14 pm »
As for remembering dreams, there is a way to do it, but again as was mentioned, you only remember the last dream you had. Right as you wake up, you have a minute or two where you might still be thinking about the dream as it was the last activity your brain was doing before you started to become conscious. My trick has always been using what I like to call an "anchor"... something within the dream that I can latch onto and concentrate on as I wake up. If I'm successful, I'm able to remember the rest of the dream - which makes me think that we may actually record every dream we've ever had - in memory, but we just don't know how to access those memories. So, for the anchor, I focus on something prominent in the dream. It could be a person or some physical object and even abstract like a word. It's something that's dominant within the dream - but has to be simple to remember. If it's a physical object - something that is primitive, like a cube, sphere, etc. If a person - very rarely a face as a face is hard to mentally image sometimes. It could be as simple as the sweater that person was wearing.

Anyway, as for remembering dreams, even though I can't remember most dreams I have - namely the ones before my last dream of the night - I can still remember emotional or physical feelings from the older dreams - which, is weird. I can wake up and say I had 1 happy dream - where I must have been rich or something, 1 sad dream and 1 thrilling but awesome nightmare. (Yeah, I'm strange, I love it when I get nightmares... been waiting to have a zombie nightmare). 

As for my own dreams, here's what I posted in Michal's blog once as a comment:

Quote from: myself
I remember a dream I had about aliums. It was nasty and didn’t turn into a monty python sketch.

At the time, I was taking powerful medication for (what was later discovered) a wrong-diagnosed condition. Doc thought I was suffering from severe depression. One of the side effects of the drug was long long nights of sleep and extremely vivid dreaming. And, when I say vivid dreaming - these are dreams where I’m either myself of someone else living in this “world” that is so real, I have different family members, different history - including life memories (yeah believe it or not - it is fucking bizarre) and most bizarrely on 2 occasions either spoke a different language or could even read a hieroglyphic style of written language. These were dreams, so real, that after I woke up from my near comas (fucking drug), it took 30 minutes at least, to realize that I woke up to the real world and that there was no need to mourn the loss of “dream world” family members because, they were actually just figments of my imagination.

So here is what I remember from my alien dream that disturbed me for a good month after:

In this dream, I’m a different person (diff life, memories, etc. but speak English at least). I’m standing on the edge of a city in a snowy ditch (early winter) with my father (also not real father - dream person’s father). He’s roughly 70, suffers from dementia and has Alzheimer’s. Dunno why I’m standing with him there. In the distance I can see another missile coming down toward the city center. It misses and is closer to us. I throw my poor old man into the ditch and cover him as a shockwave blasts over us and causes a nearby building to crack. I could feel the pressure and then relief on my back. I get up, bring my father somewhere (forgotten).

I start making my way toward the city center, while the American military is nearby launching small rockets containing nuke warheads into space. I remember thinking about the missiles, and that they were actually bombing the moon with nukes as there was an alien base there - I guess. Also, I remember … remembering that the aliens didn’t have nuke capability, so human firepower was superior. I continue down an ash filled street and find a burned out car where the radio is on and still working (classic type scene there lol). There were some vagrants huddled and trembling on the other side of the car. I listened to the broadcast, which was basically a radio news reporter who was giving second by second account of the carnage in the city core while military broadcasts with special orders for troops would cut in and out.

It turns out, I was an Lt. of some sort and making my way back to the city core where my unit was holed up. As I get closer, there’s ash, snow and abandoned cars everywhere. The buildings are also more ruined from the continual bombing, which has stopped long enough for me to safely get closer. As I get closer, some of the buildings still standing are reinforced by some sort of strange dark material.

A group of non-military gunmen come out of an alley and toward me. One recognizes that I’m a lieutenant and addresses me as LT. Just as soon as they arrive, I get the first glimpse of some of the aliens who come out from behind one of the far buildings with the dark material on it. One of the gunmen says to me that that is the “target” building. The aliens look something like the predator with the mask on, but were taller, skinnier and seemed to have some sort of skin like armor. They use burned out cars as cover and fire weapons similar to machine guns at us. The gunmen return fire and I’m handed a german ww2 style SMG. There’s only 4 aliens. We kill them and get into the building as quick as hell. At that point we can hear gunfire and distant explosions.

Just as the group of us gets inside the building, some members of my unit come from outside somewhere and join us. The non-military gunmen are ordered by one of the officers to stay ground level and guard the building as 5 of us (the unit) advance up the stairs to the top of the building. 2 of us break into a large room at the top and are surprised there are no aliens inside guarding the room. In it and what happens after is what disturbs me most. Remember, it’s so real that at the moment, this is reality to me. I had to make a decision that took the same emotion and thought as it would in real life.

Inside the room, in the middle is some sort of black box that has large cables extending to the roof (to antennae) and cables that sprawl all over the floor to computer terminals. Turns out the room was once an office, with computer stations ringing around against the wall. The poor office workers are still sitting at the computer terminals, hunched over the keyboards. The cables on the floor are hooked up to the backs of the heads of each worker - parallel to the spine and seemingly shoved up and in. Somehow, the box is keeping them alive as the skin has healed around the entry points of the cables. Some of the computer screens are showing screen after screen of human and human military data blazing by in a blur. It seems like it’s almost 1 screen of data per frame, it’s so fast.

My subordinate and I discuss the black box and realize that it is using the brains of the workers as processors - using the brain for its computing power. We then discuss 2 choices of what to do. On one hand, we have to stop this data transmission to the aliens. Every second is crucial. On the other hand, if we destroy the black box or try and immediately disconnect the people, most likely they will die. There could be a chance that they could be saved, by slow surgical removal of the cables.

Here is where I had to make a decision so hard, it caused the dream to end and I finally woke up. I decided that despite their lives were important as anyone else’s lives are, if trying to slowly remove them from this nightmarish slavery caused a chance for extremely crucial data to be uploaded to the aliens such as how a nuke worked, saving them could cost the many more human lives. Also my subordinate pointed out that, even if we destroyed the antennae, we could still not rule out that that would completely disrupt transmission. There could still be a connection some how, because we still knew little about the alien technology. I agreed. I pulled out a handgun and started shooting the poor workers in the backs of their heads. The agony of having to do that, abruptly ended the dream. I woke up. I was miserable for a good month after. It was so real. If that was truly reality, those people would be truly dead. There was no other choice. Sacrifice a few to save many.

Anyway, there it is. Enjoy. Thanks for sharing your dream with us Michal. I like reading about people’s dreams.
"Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb." - Dark Helmet

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2009, 06:27:03 pm »
I keep a dream log all the time and I remember all the dreams I have, even the couple or so dreams that I get for one night.

In fact, last night I dreamt that I was in a warehouse with a bunch of other people fighting off German Nazi soldiers with rifles and shiz.  I saw one soldier grab one of my friends by the arm and stab her repeatedly in the chest.  I tried to save her, but then I got shot from behind.  Didn't die immediately.  I crawled all the way outside the warehouse and saw my wounded friend sitting at a corner, so I went to her and was about to die, until I switched dreams.

I then dreamt that I was playing a shooter where I blasted aliens with a pistol.  My brother was watching me play and said, "So many aliens.  Is there a story to this game?"

« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 06:32:57 pm by Eagles_Arrows »

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2009, 08:03:00 pm »
Very true, in basic training many people confess to having dreams about training.

What consumes your mind during the day with consume it during the night as well.

As far as I know during sleep the brain is sorting all the things you have experienced during the day...

I also don't remember most of my dreams, but I do have some wierd experiences from childhood like waking up while standing above the ladder leading up to my bed. That sacred the shit out of me.
Text goes here...

Offline SadistAtHeart

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • golevka
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2009, 01:28:50 am »
Logging your dreams, huh? That's actually an interesting idea, I'm gonna try that. I have too many composition books sitting around with nothing in them.

Last night, I dreamt that aliens invaded during a high school football game. I escaped from them, hopping over bleachers and vaulting fences in typical traceur fashion, then hid in my refrigerator and emerged several hours later in an unlivable wasteland.