Author Topic: Shoot Guns away and Nade Explosions  (Read 1680 times)

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
Shoot Guns away and Nade Explosions
« on: November 02, 2009, 09:11:46 pm »
I am suggesting that while a gun is on the ground example "Minimi" you can be able to shoot it away from your opponent or towards a teammate if they need it. Like say they are about to pick up a weapon you can shoot it away from them, or just shoot guns along the ground closer towards you or further away like in counter-strike source. Also grenade explosions should be able to make guns fire up in the air or away which would look really cool and makes it just a bit more realistic. I'd like to see this implemented because it would just make Soldat a bit more realistic and could help benefit the game.
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
Re: Shoot Guns away and Nade Explosions
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 09:24:24 pm »
I am suggesting that while a gun is on the ground example "Minimi" you can be able to shoot it away from your opponent or towards a teammate if they need it. Like say they are about to pick up a weapon you can shoot it away from them, or just shoot guns along the ground closer towards you or further away like in counter-strike source. Also grenade explosions should be able to make guns fire up in the air or away which would look really cool and makes it just a bit more realistic. I'd like to see this implemented because it would just make Soldat a bit more realistic and could help benefit the game.
I think this is already possible, however, it is a feature that can be turned off, and most of the time it is turned off.
same thing as the health/nade packs.

Offline Zero72

• Flagrunner
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 10:52:21 am »
I'm pretty sure it works offline but not online, because the locations of dropped guns and kits is a client-side thing, rather than a server-side one.

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 09:01:24 pm »
The weapon bounce by other guns is possible. I've tried, and it bouced... Slightly.... But still, it's possible.

For grenade part, I don't think it's necessary, even for cool effects, it'll rather make the game crazier because of more physics and maybe bullet to weapon bounce....
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 11:06:11 pm »
It already works, at least offline, but not very effective in most cases.

If I'm not wrong bullet speed influences the amount of push on the weapons (unless the weapon is explosive).

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 11:59:46 pm »
Been a long time since you posted STM...also it would look good for effects tho.
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!