Author Topic: return flag to orignial position  (Read 1275 times)

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
return flag to orignial position
« on: November 02, 2009, 11:35:01 am »
there's a need for a command that can return blue or red flag to their original position, or making the circle for where the flag can be without being auto retured waaaay smaller.

problem is that the flag can get stuck under polygon, ungrabable but still within it's spawning area.

and NO, scripting isn't an option.

Offline Cyrix

• Soldier
  • I'm trigger happy, trigger happy!
Re: return flag to orignial position
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 07:20:44 pm »
Very good point! Just last night i found four guys trying to get to a flag stuck in a place that was hard to get to. Maby after a certain amount of time it resets to a certain position. But the problem with that is that people would be camping the spawning spot. So something to fix this sort of thing would be cool.
""A man should look for "what is" instead of what he thinks should be"" -Albert Einstein-

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 08:09:16 pm »
Very good point! Just last night i found four guys trying to get to a flag stuck in a place that was hard to get to. Maby after a certain amount of time it resets to a certain position. But the problem with that is that people would be camping the spawning spot. So something to fix this sort of thing would be cool.
thing is, the flag can get stuck right below it's spawn position, so it won't be returned by time and can't be reached.

Offline Cyrix

• Soldier
  • I'm trigger happy, trigger happy!
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 01:02:40 am »
That makes sense. I have noticed that in a few games now. Something should be done to reset it. Heres another idea. If there was a way to script it so the flag cannot be reset when its held by someone. The problem with that is that people would be trying to have it reset in mid game once its dropped by a player. I am a little stumped on his one honestly. Any more ideas?
""A man should look for "what is" instead of what he thinks should be"" -Albert Einstein-

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 02:15:12 am »
Have mappers place the waypoint for the flag a little higher off the ground, so that if it does get stuck in the polygons below, it's not within the acceptable range.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 08:44:32 am »
Not even mappers, but the game definitely needs to fix this. It's very frustrating when a player is about to score, but the flag is stuck in a polygon, delaying the player and risking a loss.
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 09:01:48 am »
Why not simply force a flag to return as soon as they go through a poly (whether captured or not)? Prevents that problem, and stops idiots from trying to spoil the game by getting themselves stuck in a poly with a flag.