Author Topic: Revenge Arrow (Idea)  (Read 5073 times)

Offline Cyrix

• Soldier
  • I'm trigger happy, trigger happy!
Revenge Arrow (Idea)
« on: November 04, 2009, 01:54:35 pm »
OK. So, i know we have all been jumping around in halo, playing quake, Unreal or something and you get on a roll. We are talking killing massive amounts of guys without being touched. Then, Some jerk runs past and with one shot you die. So here is my idea because i know we have all sworn at our TV or computer in these situations. Its called the "revenge arrow". It can be used by typing a simple command. For example if someone wanted revenge on me it would turn out something like "/revenge Cyrix". This would put a small arrow in the center of your screen that would point towards the person you want revenge upon no matter where they are on the map. This way you can find the guy that ended your killing spree and get your revenge and upon upon doing so the arrow will be removed from the screen. This i think would be quite fun i think. Give me some feedback guys!  ;D
""A man should look for "what is" instead of what he thinks should be"" -Albert Einstein-

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
Re: Revenge Arrow (Idea)
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 02:19:08 pm »
Yeah, great. Now you can have an arrow telling you where the EFC is 24/7....

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 02:20:15 pm »
Quite funny idea but that's all. It won't improve gameplay in any way. Just learn to lose.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 04:58:21 pm »
I wouldn't like it if the arrow hovers on the screen and points in the direction of where the person is. It'd be annoying and unfair.

You could maybe try putting it above their gostek, so when you see them, you know that they ruined your spree... but then you have a problem of being able to see them even if they're hiding in a bush, which would also be unfair.

I don't think your idea could really be implemented in Soldat. It just won't fit in with the gameplay currently, I think.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline Cyrix

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 07:15:20 pm »
Thank you very much for your honest input guys. I just thought it was a funny idea. Many times I have caught myself seeking out the person that had recently killed me. I agree it would be tough to make it fit. Just a thought. Cuz i have been on huge killing sprees and been killed with one shot. Everyone dies. And that is very true in Soldat. I am not a poor looser by any means. I just think revenge can be very sweet. Thank you again guys for your input.
""A man should look for "what is" instead of what he thinks should be"" -Albert Einstein-

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 08:46:27 am »
Mmm... Reminds me of TF2.....

Sounds like a fun idea! Why not?
Except for player tracking, why not just have the enemy shining when you spot the nemesis?
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 08:58:01 am »
Except for player tracking, why not just have the enemy shining when you spot the nemesis?
Like Spilt said, it would make you visible when attempting to hide in a bush.

Besides, if you want to really "take revenge", just remember the name of the person who shot you and remember his appearance.

Offline Cyrix

• Soldier
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2009, 07:51:35 pm »
What if when the kill/death thing poped up on the screen the person who you killed would have there name in a certain color? The only problem is that in the heat of battle i dont always have the time to look over and see the name of the guy i just blasted.

Offline Mitak

• Camper
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 07:56:25 pm »
The only way it's gonna make it is if the revenge arrow is put UNDER your target, so that when they're hiding in a bush it doesn't reveal their location. Yet the arrow should appear only when he's in your sight.

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2009, 09:48:27 pm »
No matter what you do with it it will prevent people from ever hiding again. This is a pretty terrible idea.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline the halo fan

• Camper
  • Mustly the heat of battle is just the begining
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2009, 02:15:34 pm »
I agree is is a bad idea for online play and that there is no way to turn it around, but it wouldn't be a problem in offline gameplay with bots. You know, just to have fun and practice for those who play offline.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2009, 05:50:30 am »
How about you only let it be visible when the said jerk is within 1 screen's range?
b&

Offline Cyrix

• Soldier
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2009, 04:20:35 pm »
How about you only let it be visible when the said jerk is within 1 screen's range?

I dont know man. Aparently its a horrible idea I honestly think it would be fun. Offline probobly would be the only way for it to be used. Maby somene could make it as a mod to work offline? Atleast have it point in the general direction of them. And make it command based. It would be fun for offline because i find myself playing 1vs 1 quite a bit to hone my skills for such a fight. I like to put the bot as hard as possible and kinda sniper sneak around. Its kinda fun.

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2009, 04:29:50 pm »
The only way it's gonna make it is if the revenge arrow is put UNDER your target, so that when they're hiding in a bush it doesn't reveal their location. Yet the arrow should appear only when he's in your sight.
That would still make certain very good spots unusable.
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2009, 04:34:17 pm »
What about this: Make the arrow invisible. Always invisible.
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline Mitak

• Camper
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2009, 09:26:26 pm »
lol then somehow code it that your victim has red or black pants&shirt (possibly skin too).

Being entirely one-colored won't change the gameplay. We see mods that change the skins completely anyway, so why not that?

Offline the halo fan

• Camper
  • Mustly the heat of battle is just the begining
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2009, 10:56:28 pm »
I just thought we tif the arrow pointed to the efc or when the no one is holding the flag the arrow can point to it.

Offline Cyrix

• Soldier
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2009, 12:46:14 am »
What about this: Make the arrow invisible. Always invisible.

I love that so many people hate this idea but those who actually sit back and think about it see that in the right situation it could be quite interesting. I respect and value each of your opinions and thank you once again for your negative or positive input.

lol then somehow code it that your victim has red or black pants&shirt (possibly skin too).

Being entirely one-colored won't change the gameplay. We see mods that change the skins completely anyway, so why not that?

That being said, I like the idea of changing colors. Say your in a ctf and some guy in bright pink runs past you. Your going to know something is up. Lol. Cool idea man.

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2009, 01:22:52 am »
I think that just takes the fun out of hunting people in CTF servers.

You hunt people, you find them. Kill them, satisfaction guaranteed, even if you were currently distracted from the real game.

Offline ~viper~

• Major(1)
  • Unreal Tournament Assault player
    • screenshots from UT
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2009, 01:26:38 am »
bad idea.  even if you make the "arrow" in the form of a bright skin, since that skin can be replicated, you can have a bunch of annoying people purposely joining in those bright colors from the start, cancelling out your mod, even if it is completely bugfree...

just get revenge the old fashioned way
every beginning must have an end