Author Topic: A Few Questions....  (Read 2299 times)

Offline Needles

• Major(1)
A Few Questions....
« on: November 06, 2009, 08:22:05 am »
I've been looking at this game for a while, and i think I might like it. Looks cool, kind of got a Cortex Command-feel.
But I wanted to know a few things:

1. Is there any kind of free trial I can use to ensure I'll like it before I register and such?

2. The game is only online play, correct?

3. Do you need a really excellent internet connection to play?

Thanks for answering. ;D

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
Re: A Few Questions....
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 12:10:41 pm »
1. Game is shareware, you are free to use it, but a few things will be unavailable unless you buy it. No, you dont have time restrictions.
2. You can play it against bots, but it is mainly for online play.
3. Not really, it is pretty connection friendly, as you can play it even over dial up (not recommended)
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline Needles

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 06:06:45 pm »
Hmm...that's odd, when I tried to download the new 1.5.1 and the previous version it says it I needed an administrator or something, so I assumed you had to buy it...
That's odd. :/

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 06:40:33 pm »
Hmm...that's odd, when I tried to download the new 1.5.1 and the previous version it says it I needed an administrator or something, so I assumed you had to buy it...
That's odd. :/

No, it means you need to run it with administrator permissions under vista/7. That has absolutely nothing to do with buying Soldat or not.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Needles

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 06:36:52 pm »
Alright, I got it to work, thanks guys. :D

I have one more question regarding registering though...

Is it necessary to register to play/download mods? whenever I try to join a game and it happens to have a mod it wigs out and I have to close it via Ctrl-Alt-Del.

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 07:29:14 pm »
Instead of using the soldat.exe, you use start.exe and choose which mod you want to play with, then just use "run soldat modded".

whenever I try to join a game and it happens to have a mod it wigs out and I have to close it via Ctrl-Alt-Del.
Explain this a bit more detailed.
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.