Author Topic: 1.5.1 beta balance  (Read 20351 times)

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
Re: 1.5.1 beta balance
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2009, 05:15:39 am »
I hope these Barrett settings don't become official, it is way to fast.
Why does it seem like everything got faster and stronger.. Seriously
[From experiences playing with bots 'cause there are no servers..]

I personally prefer the 1.5.0 settings... I was hoping the only changed would be a decrease in spas power and and increase in the miniguns and chainsaw's power.

I personally don't like the current settings..

[Edit: As much of a law-fan as I am, I honestly think the law is shooting way too fast..]
[Edit2: Bleh, nevermind.. The spas did get even stronger...]
Playing with bots? That's a joke, really.

The Barrett settings are balanced out by the fact that the autos are stronger. Remember, we have bink.

Why's everything faster and stronger? Well, we're moving towards the older 1.2.1 balance which everyone loved. Back in that version, all of the Soldat weapons were incredibly powerful and fast, but at the same time highly unbalanced. We want to move towards the fast-pace of 1.2.1, but at the same time having balanced weapons.

Spas is hard to say, but it is actually nerfed quite a bit. You can't have "infinite ammo" by holding down reload, and not forgetting other weapons.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2009, 10:16:06 am »

I personally prefer the 1.5.0 settings... I was hoping the only changed would be a decrease in spas power and and increase in the miniguns and chainsaw's power.

[Edit: As much of a law-fan as I am, I honestly think the law is shooting way too fast..]

The Barrett settings are balanced out by the fact that the autos are stronger. Remember, we have bink.

Why's everything faster and stronger? Well, we're moving towards the older 1.2.1 balance which everyone loved. Back in that version, all of the Soldat weapons were incredibly powerful and fast, but at the same time highly unbalanced. We want to move towards the fast-pace of 1.2.1, but at the same time having balanced weapons.

Spas is hard to say, but it is actually nerfed quite a bit. You can't have "infinite ammo" by holding down reload, and not forgetting other weapons.

The pace I like, just keep in mind to keep respawn times short.
What I disagree with is the spas, it doesn't even need the infinite ammo trick anymore, it's so powerful it can take guys out from 20-30 meters, which it couldn't do back in 1.4.2, or 1.5.0
It's been given too much of a punch to pack.
b&

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2009, 10:47:40 am »

What I disagree with is the spas, it doesn't even need the infinite ammo trick anymore, it's so powerful it can take guys out from 20-30 meters, which it couldn't do back in 1.4.2, or 1.5.0
you're killing your own argument... the more punch back the more range is added, since it also lost speed, your argument isn't even valid.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2009, 04:24:51 pm »

you're killing your own argument... the more punch back the more range is added, since it also lost speed, your argument isn't even valid.

I said punch to pack, meaning it packs a punch, meaning it's got high damage. Einstein.
And I've actually seen the spas to be shooting farther now. Maybe it's because I haven't personally played with it since last week.

Edit: Never mind, seems that I somehow did some thing wrong and even though I installed 1.5.1a it went back to 1.5.0, fuck me if I know how.
And due to my lag having risen to 250 lately it seemed that the spas was getting stronger.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 06:19:44 pm by demoniac93 »
b&

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2009, 04:28:52 pm »
your argument is still nullified... less speed = less damage.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2009, 09:13:14 pm »
Nullified indeed. The Spas has actually lost speed (down to 137 from 139) and damage only increased by 1, so it has ultimately lost damage, both at its maximum potential and at a longer distance. It's nerfed, but the nerf seems okay.

Offline biohazard

• Camper
  • B4bY NighT
    • B4bY NighT
« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2009, 04:31:11 am »
man... i am used to hate 1.3/1.4/1.5 weapon mods... soon i will hate the next weapon mod...
My ideal nonreal game is the based on Madchal's WM with something like 20-30% more dmg, and some balances like a little less recoil... what the hek ppl are thinking to remove selfbink/movacc (even if its a flaw system)... atlest i would like to play the curret WM with the 1.2.1 Damage.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 04:32:44 am by biohazard »

Offline ~viper~

• Major(1)
  • Unreal Tournament Assault player
    • screenshots from UT
« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2009, 04:03:43 am »
btw, is the weapon balance one of the things keeping this soldat version in beta?  hard to truly balance until an official version switch is made; otherwise maybe set a gathering time + server for testing
every beginning must have an end

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2009, 04:28:16 am »
btw, is the weapon balance one of the things keeping this soldat version in beta?  hard to truly balance until an official version switch is made; otherwise maybe set a gathering time + server for testing
Not really. The main purpose of betas is to test the application for bugs etc, not so much about the weapon balance. Besides, server owners can always use a modded balance if they want to test a new balance.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 04:30:58 am by STM1993 »

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2009, 12:48:33 pm »
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2009, 09:31:47 am »
Hey, if you guys have played the 1.5.1 beta already and would like to express your opinions on the balance, you should go take this survey:

>>>>>SpiltCoffee's Survey<<<<<

Alright, we all know that the Spas can no longer do the infinite ammo trick because there is a delay before you can reload your Spas. If you are wondering how the Spas' reload delay works:

1) Fireinterval is at 0 - You may fire your next shot.
2) You fire a shot.
3) Fireinterval is now at 32 and is slowly going back to 0.
4) During the delay(32 ticks), you may not reload.
5) After the delay, fireinterval is reset to 0. You may fire your next shot. You may also reload, but you cannot do both at once.
6) This applies even in weapon mods - set the fireinterval of the Spas to an insane value of lets say, 240. After you fire once, you may not reload until the end of the 240 ticks.

In other words, while you are waiting for the Spas' delay between shots, you may not reload.

That's how the Spas' reload delay works.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 12:49:16 am by STM1993 »