Author Topic: Admin's tyranny  (Read 3935 times)

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
Re: Admin's tyranny
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2009, 04:26:53 pm »
Damn you, all anarchists! Admins must rule with an iron fist!
We shall all overthrow the monarchy for our rights!
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2009, 03:03:49 pm »
A few suggestions on this case:
~ When admin kicks/bans/mutes someone - make him type a reason, just like for votekick.
~ When admin kicks/bans/mutes someone - save the event in a log file on owner's or "main admin's" computer.
~ Have "report admin abuse" system for users. This system wouldn't do anything but add "[time] [player] reported a power abuse by [admin]" to the log I mentioned above.
~ Have "save autodemo" on kick/ban/whatever. This is a great way for server owner to actually see what was really going on.

Unfortunately if the owner is the admin, or if the owner is as immature as the admin - there's not much you can do except just not playing on that server.

It's a tricky issue, and there's no way to allow players themselves stop admin abuse without hurting "good" admins. Best would be to make an effective way to report admin abuse, but final decision still has to be made by server owner.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 03:13:56 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline F4||3N

• Soldier
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2009, 05:48:45 pm »
The owner just needs to choose admins responsibly!

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2009, 06:20:51 pm »
I don't think the choosing admins part is really the issue.

It's more like watching out for admins whose powers slowly goes to their heads and they eventually go berserk with it a little bit.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2009, 06:49:56 pm »
The owner just needs to choose admins responsibly!
But then again, not every owner cares.

Offline Bloo

• Soldier
  • Yellow
    • BlueMutiny.com
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2009, 07:37:02 pm »
Most of the time, people cry admin abuse because they've done something wrong and don't realise it, or realise it but have too much of an ego to admit it.

Offline UnknownSniper

• Camper
  • Southern by the Grace of God
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2009, 10:33:52 pm »
Most of the time, people cry admin abuse because they've done something wrong and don't realise it, or realise it but have too much of an ego to admit it.

Or it's that said abusive admin is friends with the server owner to the point where the owner takes the admin's word over normal players no matter what. Oh, nevermind. That was your server.
I had a job and a piece of land
My sweet wife was my best friend
But I traded that for Cocaine and a whore
-Jamey Johnson

Offline Bloo

• Soldier
  • Yellow
    • BlueMutiny.com
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2009, 10:35:52 pm »
Or it's that said abusive admin is friends with the server owner to the point where the owner takes the admin's word over normal players no matter what. Oh, nevermind. That was your server.

Or you were just a douche and no one liked you and all you did was use up a spec slot...

But hey, lets not get into that again.

Offline UnknownSniper

• Camper
  • Southern by the Grace of God
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2009, 10:51:00 pm »

Or you were just a douche and no one liked you and all you did was use up a spec slot...

But hey, lets not get into that again.

This'll be my last post in this thread, as the forum staff love me about as much as herpes.

In response to the "no one liked you" section, more power to them. If people don't like me I am fine with that. Maybe it'll give them more self confidence and eventually get them to the point where they do something other than hate random strangers on a game.

As for spectator, I sat in spec while jackal was dicking around, I played your server all the time. Maybe if you, yourself, had played you'd know.

That reminds me, I still have the folder with screens and videos of your admins abuse/cheating, admitting to hacks and such. You should check it out some time... Wait, you did and banned me.

Bye now.
I had a job and a piece of land
My sweet wife was my best friend
But I traded that for Cocaine and a whore
-Jamey Johnson

Offline Timer

• Major(1)
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2009, 07:22:16 pm »
Speaking of admin's tyranny I was playing Elite HidenSeek and a light bulb went off in my head...I want to become an admin because I like the server and want to be a truly good admin (because this server is having some admin issues). That way I can do the right thing when I see another differant admin abusing their powers.

So if anyone could tell me how I could get in touch with IQ that would be great.
IQ is owner but is seldom on.
"I was gonna clean my room, but then I got high. I was gonna get up and find the broom, but then I got high."

Offline Centurion

• Flagrunner
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2009, 12:34:37 am »
It happens so often. Especially in r/s. Just stay away from those servers and you will be fine.

Offline Cyrix

• Soldier
  • I'm trigger happy, trigger happy!
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2009, 01:11:53 am »
For what the Admins do i think they do a good job. I think if anything changs the non active or seldom active ones should be replaced.
""A man should look for "what is" instead of what he thinks should be"" -Albert Einstein-