Author Topic: Soldat 1.5.1 maps, old ruined?  (Read 6889 times)

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
Re: Soldat 1.5.1 maps, old ruined?
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2009, 04:22:47 am »
It looks like that public players supports changes but cws players wanna see old maps back or some better remakes for them.
New players want to see bling bling. We old farts do not want to give away the last rare pieces of nostalgy left in the game.
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2009, 04:50:30 am »
Equinox was awesome before. I loved the layout, the night theme and the whole map in every way. However, WL's remake looks like all the aspects I loved about the map were raped.
Its a sunny day instead of night.
Its a desert wasteland instead of the nocturnal forest.
Its layout was changed drastically, especially the low route. Wheres my f**king zigzag?
And more, but still, I want the old equinox back.
Possibly you could take the old version and name it Ctf_Nocturnal and keep this as it is since some people seem to like it.

old equinox was freaking terrible, i couldn't see shit because of that 'awesome' night theme, one of my most hated maps ever. Gotta check the new version, the day instead of night seems pretty cool. Im amazed how you people are so afraid of change.
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2009, 05:14:33 am »
Yes Jerich that's possible at Scorpion. However spraying the flag at position you like is highly uncertain even when you do it alone but when there are enemies shooting at you while you are trying to do it, it's much more harder.

Also when you consentrate spraying the flag, you play yourself out of game so for example in 3on3 game your play causes 2on3 powerplay for enemy, (since you are at top trying to spray the flag somewhere).

Also those places you mentioned. Especially the top center placing might make it actually easy for attacker. If the flag is close to opc (only player collide), enemy might be able to nade boost it into your side and play easy cap. Or the enemy can flag throw it. Or just spray the flag into path again.

In any case, flag will return soon and then you need to start all this again. Play couple gathers/cws and you see that tactic doesn't work. Yes we've tried it.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 05:16:35 am by Suowarrior »