Poll

Candidate for default?

Yes
5 (100%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: January 07, 2010, 05:59:12 pm

Author Topic: inf_Undermines  (Read 4371 times)

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
inf_Undermines
« on: December 17, 2009, 03:37:22 am »
inf_Undermines

By Mr. Meat Shield & SuoW

Remake of one popular infiltration map. Map is waypointed.

(^Click To Enlarge^)

Download / Rate on TMS

Check out more maps by SuoW

This map is hosted by jrgp's Soldat Mapping Showcase
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 05:49:22 pm by Suowarrior »

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
Re: inf_Undermine2
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 05:18:24 pm »
As I've said before, colors are awesome, shading is also nice.
But it really needs more sceneries - bushes, rocks, roots in tunnel, computers, chairs, tables - something like that in blue base :/
Right now it looks very dead and kind of incomplete.

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 05:41:09 pm »
But it really needs more sceneries - bushes, rocks, roots in tunnel, computers, chairs, tables - something like that in blue base :/

Those are things I usually hate in "house" maps with rooms, chairs tables etc, too much small statistic crap in background. With caves I followed hardly any scenery style that is used in ctf_Division for example. Also wanted to keep it clear that which scenery is middle and which not.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 05:47:07 pm »

Those are things I usually hate in "house" maps with rooms, chairs tables etc, too much small statistic crap in background. With caves I followed hardly any scenery style that is used in ctf_Division for example. Also wanted to keep it clear that which scenery is middle and which not.
Well, I can understand that, but I think you went a bit overboard. It looks way too empty. There doesn't have to be a ton of sceneries and they don't have to stand out. Some barely visible crates here and there, more bushes, pillars and rocks will do just fine.

Something like this, but you can make background sceneries even more transparent:
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=36891.0;attach=23396;image
Even if they're barely visible - trust me, it'll make a big difference.

Offline Crimson Goth

• Camper
  • A*|INF|Veteran
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 01:26:48 pm »
I'm not to big on looks especially if the gameplay is fair. However I agree with lone here. Bravo's base is a bit too plain. You should add some scenery, but not too much. Adding it to my server.

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 02:09:45 pm »
Mkay, I'll add some "crap" there then.

Offline As de Espada

• Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009, 11:54:44 pm »
great remake.
I agree that this has a little lack of scenery.
I think that the pipes's ligth patterns are messy. The brigther side should be facing the lights of the house.

ps.: there's an extra col on the pipes's exit/entrance to the cave. That is really good looking, you should try putting it on every pipe exit/entrance, and see how it comes.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 12:09:53 am by As de Espada »
All my maps | my latest map: SoldatX Racing Mappack
me making a map on youtube: ctf_FastMade

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2009, 08:41:02 pm »
A few more suggestions: move red spawns into the tunnel thing above white flag and consider protecting it with bullets and blue players collide polys.
It's very often that blues have to go right to the white flag to incercept flagger, and things instantly turn into lots of spawnkilling and total chaos.

Also, you forgot to add regen polys in the small room at top-right of blue spawn.

Offline Crimson Goth

• Camper
  • A*|INF|Veteran
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2009, 09:15:27 pm »
i thought regen spawns were at the bottum left of blue spawn? Anyways yeah, i noticed that too.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2009, 09:16:23 pm »
i thought regen spawns were at the bottum left of blue spawn? Anyways yeah, i noticed that too.
Whats with me confusing left and right lately?..
That's right, I meant top-left corner in the room where blues spawn. You can always look at the original map.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 09:17:57 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2009, 04:42:11 am »
A few more suggestions: move red spawns into the tunnel thing above white flag and consider protecting it with bullets and blue players collide polys.
It's very often that blues have to go right to the white flag to incercept flagger, and things instantly turn into lots of spawnkilling and total chaos.

Also, you forgot to add regen polys in the small room at top-right of blue spawn.

1) You mean alpha spawns into "camonet tunnels"? Don't matter in play much. That place would be awkward for alpha players to spawn since they have to get down that polyisland and then they can move on fast ground. It's true that if bravo wants to return flag near the white flag, they might need to spawnkill. But well, if flagger gets into the very bottom tunnel, bravo has lost it in any case.

2) Original doesn't have regen polys in top right room. However that's good idea.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2009, 02:23:45 pm »

1) You mean alpha spawns into "camonet tunnels"? Don't matter in play much. That place would be awkward for alpha players to spawn since they have to get down that polyisland and then they can move on fast ground. It's true that if bravo wants to return flag near the white flag, they might need to spawnkill. But well, if flagger gets into the very bottom tunnel, bravo has lost it in any case.
Not at all. It's still very possible to return the flag and I've seen that happen myself.

2) Original doesn't have regen polys in top right room. However that's good idea.
Eh. I was talking about this spot (see attachment).
I'm 100% sure it was there in the original. Though I might have accidentally deleted the regen polys in the version I sent you.

Offline Madow

• Major
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2009, 07:20:22 pm »
Gizd doubled.

Now, I bet I sound like a douchebag, right? That's what I fucking thought, Suowarrior.
[20:33:20] <DMC__> hes basiclly saying
[20:33:56] <DMC__> "hi there, this game has no garenteee that there is people to play with, nor is it well known, but please give me 15 bucks, you fool"

Offline Crimson Goth

• Camper
  • A*|INF|Veteran
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2009, 07:57:08 pm »
Yep, thats the spot loner.

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
Re: inf_Undermines
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2010, 05:57:10 pm »
- Updated the first post
- Changed name to inf_Undermines
- Added scenery in bravo base, alpha base and routes
- Poll added about having it nominated as a candidate for default (means suggesting it in default discussion), poll open for 5 days
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 06:01:36 pm by Suowarrior »

Offline Biggles

• Flagrunner
  • Mapping rotating
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2010, 06:20:11 pm »
voted yes, we need some new INF Maps and this one is awesome. I tried it in one gather it's fun imo. Though it'd be cool to try this map in a 6v6 or 5v5 cuz I bet most of the inf games online is like that?

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2010, 06:24:32 pm »
Great job. Nice update, there's a lot more atmosphere and detail to it now. Hoping to see it in 1.5.1

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2010, 06:29:42 pm »
Great job. Nice update, there's a lot more atmosphere and detail to it now. Hoping to see it in 1.5.1

Yeap, the map was empty before the update. Sometimes you need others to open ur eyes :)