Author Topic: ctf_Kampfer - ctf_Kampf remake *updated 1st post*  (Read 5778 times)

DarkCrusade

Re: ctf_Struggle - Kampf remake
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2009, 08:11:26 pm »
All i see is black.

This isn't murder in the dark.

True. It´s predators attack :P

There seems to be no more interest into Struggle so I quit the project for now and continue remaking other maps (I am about to finish an inf_Warehouse remake).
Ehh, I hope you are aware of my inf_Warehouse remake, right? It's in my sig. Though if your remake has a different and darker atmosphere rather than just minor changes - I'll be looking forward to it.

As for Kampfen (Kampfer sounds like "camper", which doesn't go with map's fast-paced and meaty gameplay at all) -
I still think there's not enough contrast between polys and background, and not enough color.
My monitor is bright enough, I see everything on all other maps. It's also late here right now, so it's darker in the room and even easier to see things on screen. But I'm still having a bit of a trouble with all that darkness. :/
Polygon structure isn't very efficient in some spots - there's still a lot of potential polybugs and unnecessary polygons which lead to even more polybugs.

Still, as far as design goes - it's great. I like the rusty colors.
If you don't mind, I could fix polybugs and adjust the colors myself, and then post the tweaked version here.

My remake includes completly new polygonstructure, much better visuals and will have much better waypoints than the original, but it will use only default scenery and no .pngs.

As for ctf_Kampfen: I don´t mind if you change what you want. I will decide then whether I take your tweaked version or my very own ;) Your help is very appreciated!

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2009, 08:15:19 pm »
Too much dark?  8)
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

DarkCrusade

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2009, 08:26:01 pm »

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2009, 09:49:25 pm »
All i see is black.

This isn't murder in the dark.
Well, if it's pitch-black - then I think you should adjust your brightness. It's not THAT dark. :S

Either way, here's a tweaked version.
Changes:
- polybug fixes
- outer polygons set to "bloody deadly" in case someone spawns off-map
- adjusted a few bonus kit spawns so that they don't spawn in walls
- brighter background and polygons (not sure if bright enough - need more opinions)
- more random crates and barrels in background (especially on blue base because it felt rather empty)
- more red/blue color on respective bases
- moved Red Flag bg scenery in an IMO better-looking way. :P

I hope you'll like it.

*note: I kept the name "Kampfer" because I think you should decide on final name, but IMO Kampfen would be better.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 10:00:09 pm by L[0ne]R »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2009, 10:20:55 pm »
Very kind of yours, Loner :) Since you fucked the shading totally up I reshaded the whole map to my own thoughts but it´s much brighter than before now. You can see my changes in the attachment (.PMS) ;)

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2009, 11:04:20 pm »
Very kind of yours, Loner :) Since you f**ked the shading totally up I reshaded the whole map to my own thoughts but it´s much brighter than before now. You can see my changes in the attachment (.PMS) ;)
Hehe, yeah. I got carried away with the colors and forgot about the shading. Sorry about that. D:

You're welcome. After all, if it makes it into defaults - I'll be playing on it too. ;O

Anyway, I slightly tweaked your tweak to my tweak because I noticed a few shading bugs. I also added a bit of shadows underneath the ledges where players spawn.
Other than that - no other changes.

Nice job. I really hope this map makes it into 1.5.1 defaults.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 11:07:45 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline As de Espada

• Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2009, 11:14:11 pm »
have you nominated yet?
All my maps | my latest map: SoldatX Racing Mappack
me making a map on youtube: ctf_FastMade

DarkCrusade

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2009, 02:52:05 am »
have you nominated yet?

What? How embarassing ;D

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2009, 03:00:17 am »
It's a good start. However, I suggest you try less darker map themes and coloring the next time around, just out of good practice.

DarkCrusade

Re: ctf_Kampfer - ctf_Kampf remake *updated 1st post*
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2009, 03:08:04 am »
It's a good start. However, I suggest you try less darker map themes and coloring the next time around, just out of good practice.

Maybe I just color my maps the way I feel? Kidding, my gamma and brightness settings were set to 100/100. Espada helped me with that via PM. I guess you will see some brand new style from DC next map ;)

*1st post updated*

Offline As de Espada

• Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
Re: ctf_Kampfer - ctf_Kampf remake *updated 1st post*
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2009, 10:40:01 am »
wow this is finaly nominated!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 10:41:32 am by As de Espada »
All my maps | my latest map: SoldatX Racing Mappack
me making a map on youtube: ctf_FastMade