Author Topic: Inf_Aesop  (Read 2058 times)

Offline Wraithlike

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • The Ichthyologist
Inf_Aesop
« on: November 30, 2009, 01:50:38 am »

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
Re: Inf_Aesop
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 07:51:59 am »
Love the visuals, brudda. The spires remind me of Knytt Stories in a way. Might be a bit easy for alpha though.
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 02:32:34 pm »
Looks and feels nice, not too crazy or unbalanced. A nice inf map.
And more importantly.. an INF map. :D
I don't see many of those nowadays. :(

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 02:48:22 pm »
~

Banana-San #2

I've tried to do something similar for ages, always ending up scrapping the whole map. Love it

DarkCrusade

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 01:47:42 pm »
I donĀ“t like too much copy & paste stuff but this map is good.

Offline Crimson Goth

• Camper
  • A*|INF|Veteran
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 05:09:44 am »
Kinda hard for blue. And the yellow poly in the far right corner has no colliders...

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2009, 03:28:40 pm »
Kinda hard for blue. And the yellow poly in the far right corner has no colliders...
I didn't get a chance to play it with others yet, but I did get an impression it's a bit hard for blue. Problem, I think, is that black flag is positioned in such a way where you can run by, grab it and keep on going the same direction without losing speed.
In most INF maps flag is usually positioned in a dead end or a corner, so escaping was actually the main problem, not grabbing the flag.

Maybe it should be placed higher on a platform, so that the only way of escaping would be down. Or maybe make a pit where flag is right now, and put it there.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 03:31:19 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2009, 05:02:26 pm »
Alright, I finally got a change to play a few games.
So far so good, but some things need improvement:

- Blue spawn/flag spawn is very easy to snipe from the tower on left side.
- Top route needs 1-2 more blue spawns so that there's a lower chance of blues spawning low. Low route is supposed to be more sneaky, but right now there's a 30% chance of blue players spawning there. Lower it down to about 10-15%.
- Like I've said before - the flag area is kind of empty, uninteresting and not very suitable for defense.
Here are a few suggestions that I think should improve it:

- There's lots of grass and bushes, many times I really felt like hiding in them but turns out they're all in background. More hiding spots perhaps?
- Colliders are a bit hard to notice. They need to be brighter to have more contrast with the background sceneries.
- Visual theme is a bit generic, nothing really interesting or unique. Maybe if you made those towers to have some kind of meaning or story (ancient carvings, ornaments, unusual shape, something that doesn't make them look like just some random walls). Add broken pillars or ruins here and there as backgrounds and perhaps as hiding spots too. Overall I think some kind of "lost civilization" touch would go nicely here.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 05:06:47 pm by L[0ne]R »