Author Topic: Announcement for mappers, related default map requirements (properties).  (Read 6043 times)

Offline Snow

• Camper
Re: Announcement for mappers, related default map requirements (properties).
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2009, 07:02:23 pm »
Hmm, though I guess a lot of VTT's masterpiece's will never make default status due to poly count or sceneries, I still can't play Soldat without at least playing on one of VTT's maps (Trenchwars FTW).

Though I'm not much of a mapper by any consideration - I still make stuff in PW anyway (since I still want to make some cool maps and actually release something final and public one day), but didn't do much testing with animated .gifs as I wanted to. That sucks if .gif's make Soldat unstable. I wouldn't mind seeing maps with some cool *undistracting* things going on, such as something as simple as a few fireflies flying around, to flickering lights in buildings, to muzzle flashes, fires, random background explosions - or even distant vehicles going by. I wanted to do one map, where in the distant background, you could see a train go by. Not really interesting, but still kinda neat.
"Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb." - Dark Helmet

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2009, 08:03:06 pm »
.tga and .tiff filetypes are rather uncommon filetypes, so nobody even bothers to use them as .gif .bmp .png and .jpg are the defacto standard of image and animated images sharing.

Offline Wraithlike

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • The Ichthyologist
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2009, 08:22:37 pm »
And even then, .bmp is oversized shit, and .jpg is blurry shit, unless you want to make it not blurry shit, and it that case it simply becomes oversized shit.

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2009, 08:52:21 pm »
Just wondering: Is Conflict still under consideration for default?  If so, I already got a "fixed" version that meets the requirements that's ready to be uploaded.

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2009, 02:47:16 am »
Just wondering: Is Conflict still under consideration for default?  If so, I already got a "fixed" version that meets the requirements that's ready to be uploaded.

It isn't under consideration. In ctf case only the maps that have topics at default map discussions.

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2009, 04:00:38 am »
I saw it was mentioned in the sticky, but oh well.  I already got used to the notion that you guys will never consider anything I make a long time ago.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 04:03:59 am by Eagles_Arrows »

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2009, 07:41:26 am »
Sorry for missunderstanding, WL quoted there zakath's very original suggestion in beta team. Updated it now.

In ctf_Conflict case, it changes Kampf's gameplay too radically that it couldn't have been considered as Kampf replacement but as new map. As new map it's okay map but at least I didn't find any hook that wants me to play that map. I don't like the top route that leads safely to flag and safely out (pretty much same thing as in Jungul).

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2009, 08:39:31 am »
Oh but the borders look good now don't --------- no. Nuubia is ok, other maps not.

Offline p0ppin

• Camper
  • Soldat Mapmaker
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2009, 05:52:34 pm »
I thought most people just used black colored blank.bmp scenery to make those borders... it wouldn't show up on the minimap
For signatures, you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kB in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2009, 09:53:50 pm »
I have a habit of making borders like that :(