Author Topic: ctf_AUD  (Read 1843 times)

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
ctf_AUD
« on: January 03, 2010, 03:53:53 pm »
ctf_AUD

By Blue-ninja

Another strange blocky CTF map. Related maps: ctf_AUA, and ctf_AUF

(^Click To Enlarge^)

Download / Rate on TMS

Check out more maps by Blue-ninja

This map is hosted by jrgp's Soldat Mapping Showcase
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 10:38:15 pm by Blue-ninja »

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
Re: ctf_AUD
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 03:57:23 pm »
I think this map needs a remake, too.

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 04:04:44 pm »
I really dig the style mate. Hope Suwo or Zakath'll consider this worth some testing.

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 07:21:44 pm »
Backgrounds are exceptionally well done as they fit with the texture and stuff, but I still suggest to lower their opacity.
They seem to have a good camouflage between those polygons (atleast from the view up here).

Otherwice than that it's quite damn charming map. Layout looks nice, but those open flag positions makes
up and low route quite meaningless unless you want to sort of.. jerk around the map for warmup before commencing the
attack or something.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 10:18:08 pm »
Backgrounds are exceptionally well done as they fit with the texture and stuff, but I still suggest to lower their opacity.
They seem to have a good camouflage between those polygons (atleast from the view up here).
I second that. When I first looked at the preview - I didn't even notice there was something more than just the main big room.

Other than that it looks well-designed both in terms of visuals and gameplay. Layout is original and interesting and since it's symmetrical - balance shouldn't be the issue.
A small suggestion: move vest/cluster and pred/bers spawns further apart. Otherwise they'll spawn in the same spot and it'll be hard to pick the bonus you want.

Looking forward to this map. <3

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 10:41:39 pm »
I did a quick fix on some spawns that L[One]R suggested, and also separated the predator kit from the berserk kit. Took smiluu's suggestion and made the backgrounds a little more distinguishable from the polygons. Updated first post with new screenshot and mapfile.

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 12:23:43 am »
Let me remind you of m79 jumps, once you pick the flag you can do a nade+m79 jump which will fly you to your own flag in just 2 or less seconds.
And even without m79 it looks quite a straight and fast path. If the flags were more inside the buildings, it would give more challenge and the
warm feeling of infiltration.

Well, without really playtesting this with others myself, I only have theories about how the map layout and the flag placement works. Both teams spawn above the flags, okay, and the flags are easy to get to and go to the other flag to score. But then once you get the flag there will be a storm of people on you from above.

And then on the general speediness of the map, there might be periods of time where both teams have each other's flags, making the upper and lower routes have some use when the flagger needs to escape or dicker around in.

The medipacks above and below the action are there when both sides have consumed the medipacks to the point where more of them will probably spawn in those places, and they have to go get them if they need to heal.

These are only just ideas, and if they do not work, I will do as you have suggested and make the flags more challenging to get to.

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 06:57:34 pm »
Allright, I tested it meself and it surely was hellova lot faster than I imagined.
You hardly have time to realize the flag is stolen and by the time you do it's already been scored.
You don't have time to spawn and first of all the storm of the people coming from above need to be really quick
because of that platform in the middle coming in the way.

Here's a video

Sweet, I can do the changes then.

In hindsight, that was a great suggestion and I should have done it anyway.

EDIT: btw, the changes are done :P
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 10:01:47 pm by Blue-ninja »