Author Topic: [REQUEST] Tag-like Mod  (Read 596 times)

Offline Cobalt08

• Major(1)
[REQUEST] Tag-like Mod
« on: December 24, 2009, 06:10:28 am »
This idea sparked after I was playing in a Hide and Seek server in the past couple of days. Unfortunately I don't know how to script and I am not prepared to learn it just for this, however I would really appreciate it if someone was able to develop this as I think people would love to play it. This script is based on the Hide and Seek script and I will explain how that works.

In the hide and seek script, there is the Alpha team that has one tagger, and the rest of the players are set to delta team, the runners. The game begins with a countdown and in the time it gives the runners a chance to hide whilst the tagger  cannot more for a certain period of time. Once the time is up the tagger must use an m79 to eliminate the runners. If a runner is eliminated that person is sent to spec and must wait until the round is over which is when the tagger has eliminated all but one runner. The last runner to survive is the victor and becomes the tagger next game.

My variation however has a few differences.One being that instead of having one tagger, there would be two, and M79 would be replaced by Saw.

While I was playing HnS, I noticed that many people chose to simply just run rather than hide because just hiding is boring. Also since the taggers have m79, it only required them to get in a certain range of me and then it was pretty much game over, not to mention some people use it to boost which make it really easy to catch up. Having the 'taggers' use a saw adds more realism to a game of actual 'tag' and it would be even more possible to out-maneuver the 'taggers' which I think gives the most excitement as you are trying to run from the enemy. Not to mention running away from two gives you another person to look out for, but I will elaborate on that soon.

I also noticed that the 'runners' have no actual way to win, this could easily be solved if the aim of the 'runners' was to survive 10 minutes, which would mean that the goal of the 'taggers' would be to eliminate all the 'runners' within the time limit.

My reasoning behind having two 'taggers' rather than one is for a few reasons. Primarily being that having just one 'tagger' using a saw could turn out to be rather difficult, especially if they aren't very skilled. Having two 'taggers' mean they can work together to corner the enemy which makes it must more tactical not only for the 'taggers' but also for the 'runners'. They must now think about both people and make better decisions on which path to take. This still allows for those climactic runs when you are trying to escape from the grips of the enemy! it allows you to make swift escapes and it really makes maneuvering more important. Running away from an m79 can get rather futile once you are in a certain range, and there is none of that escaping by just a hair because its quite difficult to avoid a well placed m79 shot.

To be able to understand the complete script, you'll need to experience it for yourself in the server currently using the Hide and Seek script as follows:

soldat://72.232.225.66:23131

If it doesn't work out and some people have trouble understanding or don't want to play in the server, I can fully explain it but it would be easier if you could experience it for yourself.

Any questions please ask, I am prepared to explain in more detail if needed.

I can also be contacted on irc under the name 'Cobi' or find me in #aus.gather under that name or I might be under anything similar such as `Cobalt
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 06:28:32 am by Cobalt08 »

Offline dnmr

• Camper
  • emotionally handicapped
Re: [REQUEST] Tag-like Mod
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 06:25:43 am »
you could try using this and disabling all weapons but saw: http://www.soldatcentral.com/index.php?page=script&f=91