Author Topic: Best of 2009  (Read 7140 times)

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
  • That's just a way to break a unity
Re: Best of 2009
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2009, 02:21:34 am »
A few responses.

Seriously. There's a point in every discussion with Smegma when I anticipate his frustratingly tangential, short responses and think, "f**k it, I give up."

I don't think he often "wins" or "loses" discussions, but he certainly outlasts everyone else. In that respect, he is certainly the best debater here.

You don't win or lose debates. I do not take things into a tangential in the sense that it (at least tries) to start from the posters original claim. Whether you view my response as some meaningless derailment of the topic, I am sorry. I am also sorry for my short responses, however I feel they are both necessary at this length and as concise as I can be. Anymore and I would be doing all the work for you and the point would be cease to exist.

I stopped discussing things with him because I thought I was the only one getting so frustrated with his style. I swear I thought I was so retarded because I couldn't come to any conclusion. Good to know I am not alone.

Why would you feel retarded at this? If this has occurred as an outcome of my discussion with you, then I have succeeded (partially).

* It's kind of hard to gather the motivation to argue against him when you anticipate the response being "why?"

I hope mine are a little more pointed than that. Also, I try to ask reasonable questions in terms of assumptions in the claim rather than retreating to skeptical staples.

Last note: If you anticipate these questions only when I am in the "debate", why not do so when I am not there? Do you come to the same conclusion?

On topic:
Most Likable Member: Kazuki/Gamer2k4/n00bface
Most Hated Member: ~
Best Debater : Vjitch
Smartest Poster: Panzercatwagon/Geo
Stupidest Poster: ~
Funniest Poster : Panzercatwagon
Best Newbie : ~
Worst Newbie : ~
Most Helpful Member: ~
Least Helpful Member: ~
Best Signatures: Geo
Worst Signatures: ~
Best Avatars: Wraithlike
Worst Avatars : ~
Best Thread: ~
Most Missed: Karmazon
Least Missed: ~
Next Mod: ~
Next Ban: ~
Best Moment 2009: ~
Best Overall Member: ~

All I could either answer confidently or cared about
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 02:49:28 am by Smegma »

Offline Kazuki

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • European Wonder
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2009, 09:19:13 am »
* It's kind of hard to gather the motivation to argue against him when you anticipate the response being "why?"

I hope mine are a little more pointed than that. Also, I try to ask reasonable questions in terms of assumptions in the claim rather than retreating to skeptical staples.

For the most part, they are. Although there have been a couple of instances when you literally replied with "why?", I was exaggerating to drive the point home.

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2009, 08:23:43 pm »
Most Likable Member: AntiHero/Gravedigger/Amida
Most Hated Member: graham
Best Debater : smegma (forgot the name spelling)
Smartest Poster: in soldat, STM, but in lounge and etc, jrgp
Stupidest Poster: farah
Funniest Poster : Panzer
Best Newbie : i would say foxconn... for having a bad start as i did ~_~ keep it up man
Worst Newbie : could care less
Most Helpful Member:jrgp, (i still love you for urban terror)
Least Helpful Member: thinkto (so dam sarcastic, and i still hate him)
Best Signatures: Geologist (thanks to panzer)
Worst Signatures: I feel safe to say mine
Best Avatars: blue-ninja for passion of anime/cat-girl
Worst Avatars : graham (WHY DID YOU f**kING CHANGE THE CHEWING BUNNY! WHYYYYY)
Best Thread: link dumb (some of the pictures there made my day so many times)
Most Missed: Unknownsniper (i miss that redneck..... b*****d.... TT)
Least Missed: just who IS gone anyways....
Next Mod: i have no clue, but I would pick DarkCrusade for the mapping thread
Next Ban: not that i can think of... yet...
Best Moment 2009: 1.5 b***hES! YEAH
Best Overall Member: I still would say jrgp for being generous, a nice suck up (many feel easy to chat with him) and great programmer. jrgp got my vote
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 08:26:21 pm by tehsnipah »
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"