Author Topic: ctf_d2d  (Read 6900 times)

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
Re: ctf_d2d
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2009, 01:23:49 pm »
get and stay the f*** out of the forums map posting section until you practice some more and visit the help/resources section and read EVERY SINGLE topic and post written there.

Translated: Go and get help for shading, gameplay and the rest in Mapping help/Resources. Agreed.

You can also open topic for your map at Mapping Ideas / General Discussions, before you release your map.

The goal in this forum is not to encourage uploading crap repeatedly, but the goal isn't either bashing new mapper's work. Once again hf with warning Horve.

Offline Gizd

• Flagrunner
  • (Re)tired
    • Eat-this! community site
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2009, 01:39:25 pm »
get and stay the f*** out of the forums map posting section until you practice some more and visit the help/resources section and read EVERY SINGLE topic and post written there.

There is nothing good to say about this "map" but there is something to say about it. This is unplayable, fugly and my boy, worthless, effortless, useless and completely demeaning to every single good soldat mapper. No, none of you who may be reading this in the next 24 hours are good mappers btw. *Mission accomplished, nerd rage badge achieved* This hellspawn must be killed with fire as soon as possible. Lose your way here, my boy.

Why?
* The edges of all your polygons are deadly sharp
* There are giant colliders all over the place
* There is random wtf scenery all over the place.
* The fog is a fps dropper and why is it there?
* Movement is obstructed due to jagged surfaces, unless that is what you were aiming for.
* You can spray through the whole map

<3

DarkCrusade your map is much much better than this. Your map has some soul, some look, this is a f***** abomination and the fact that it's in map releases section is an offence for this page.

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2009, 01:50:35 pm »
Gizd doubled.

Offline dominikkk26

• Camper
    • PMGsite
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2009, 02:14:45 pm »
New wersja

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2009, 06:37:18 pm »
What everyone who is bashing you is trying to say, spend more time making your maps. Two maps a day at your current mapping experience is not enough. Map slowly, think things through, and avoid so many jagged polyedges like Horve has kindly pointed out. Avoid several fps problems by not using fx_p lights and clouds to paste over a large part of your maps (I.E, use those kind of sceneries sparingly and where it makes sense)

Last and not the least of them all, you can map anything you want, but if you think a map won't satisfy you, you can leave it unfinished and work on a new map. Learning from mistakes is part of being a mapper.

Offline Madow

• Major
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2009, 07:15:47 pm »

There is nothing good to say about this "map" but there is something to say about it. This is unplayable, fugly and my boy, worthless, effortless, useless and completely demeaning to every single good soldat mapper. No, none of you who may be reading this in the next 24 hours are good mappers btw. *Mission accomplished, nerd rage badge achieved* This hellspawn must be killed with fire as soon as possible. Lose your way here, my boy.

Why?
* Movement is obstructed due to jagged surfaces, unless that is what you were aiming for.

<3

DarkCrusade your map is much much better than this. Your map has some soul, some look, this is a f***** abomination and the fact that it's in map releases section is an offence for this page.
Wow, man. I'm going to repeat myself: Look at this one hell of a fucking hero.

Fucking twat.
[20:33:20] <DMC__> hes basiclly saying
[20:33:56] <DMC__> "hi there, this game has no garenteee that there is people to play with, nor is it well known, but please give me 15 bucks, you fool"

DarkCrusade

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2009, 02:19:36 am »
The hell! Why do I get insulted for defending a beginner? Is it so hard for you all just to give the critique in form of sth. like

-Point 1 + explanation
-Point 2 + explanation
[-Final conclusion]

Instead you bash around and tell  him how bad he is, that he should stop mapping at once. Guys, back to the roots! You started like that, too! And I bet you didn´t sit down and work on one map for 2 weeks, am I right? I know this, because I started like this, too, and I am ashamed that you, who once said mapping was dead, do things like that.

this map is !Fantastic, keep it up, post more please.

OR

Why?

That´s finally something he could work with, the fog is gone, you just didn´t see the new version of the map. But what the fuck! How is anybody able to spray over the whole map here? Dude, that´s not a point. Great maps like ctf_Laos and ctf_Run are sprayable, but this map? No, sorry.

Offline Gizd

• Flagrunner
  • (Re)tired
    • Eat-this! community site
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2009, 05:45:55 am »
Gizd doubled.
Sorry, didn't notice second page...

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2009, 07:01:04 am »
dominik, we can't help you if you don't read anything we write.

Yes, map is unplayable, but with some major changes its possible make it playable but ordinary map.

And Horve, Wraithlike got nothing to do with your warning. I know you'd say same to me, so no need to repeat it. What about showing your intelligence with good playable/fun/not zombie map next?