Author Topic: Soldat 2841, RELEASE V1.0  (Read 9033 times)

Offline yamo

• Soldier
Soldat 2841, RELEASE V1.0
« on: August 11, 2006, 08:08:33 pm »
Soldat 2841, The Valens Campaign

The year 2600, after nearly 400 years of peace, hostilities all over the world are growing. Nations all over continously argue over borders and political issues. Crime is rising at an alarming rate. The worlds death rate is higher than that of the birth. Violent terrorist strike all over, pushing the world into deeper chaos.
         By the year 2650 the leaders of the worlds greatest nations finally reach an agreement, on how to end the complete chaos and suffering.  They deploy their armies on one simple order, Kill anyone that threatens world peace. Be it a kid stealing from a corner gas station, or members of a ruthless gang.  Hundereds of millions of innocent and guilty alike were slaughtered in the bloody, pointless, massacre. The world leaders realized what they were doing. Not soon after, they to were blaming and waging war on each other. When the world-wide-war had lasted a full 10 years, it finally came to a devastating end on 03/16/2660. On that day a lone country launched several atomic weapons, in a effort to end the bloodshed. a few minutes later every country that had an atomic stockpile was also launching their weapons. In a single day 70% of the worlds population was dead, and most of the land was no longer useable.
         It would take mankind nearly 200 years to rebuild their devestated empires. In this time two nations emerged, Nobis and Valen. Nobis is lead by a ruthless dictator, the countries soldiers prowl the streets looking to cause trouble. Living a civilized life here is nearly impossible.  Valen, on the other hand, has a democratic goverment. Its people enjoy a rich, free life. The year is now 2841. With the intention to free the people of Nobis, Valens lauches a campaign to destroy Nobis. The rest, as they say, is history.

Update: all weapon graphics completed, 8/14/06- Version 1.0 is now out

Hey, this will be my very first full mod. It will feature all new weapons, sounds, gosteks, and other graphics. I am posting this so i can get some feedback on my work so far. And hopefully, then, be able to make it into a decent mod.

Screenies
more coming soon

interface
the interface is made from parts of the starcraft interface.

Download Link
Need download! if anyone out there has the mod please host and post link!

Progress and credits
weapons- done, by me
Sounds- done. from a hl2 soundpack
gosteks- done, by me
explosions- done, explosion by tatoo
weapons.ini- not done
other stuff- 80% (just made up that percentage  :))

Note: i know the minigun looks alot like the one from 2679, but iit is not. i got my inspiration from it and made my own.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 07:49:59 pm by yamo »
Urban Theatre

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
Re: Soldat 2841 (WIP)
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 08:36:05 pm »
Weapons.ini!!! You need one!

Aren't you the guy who made the kickass-but-doesn't-look-anything-like-it OICW?
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline yamo

• Soldier
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 08:43:16 pm »
lol yea, im that guy. and thanks for reminding me of the .ini. was gonna forget  :-\.
Urban Theatre

Offline Wraithlike

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • The Ichthyologist
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 09:33:03 pm »
Looks awsome, except the minigun looks like a huge phallus. When I first looked at the ingame pic I thought, "Boom! Cumshot!"

Offline SadistAtHeart

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • golevka
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 09:55:53 pm »
I like this mod, but if supposed to be all "future," shouldn't it have lightsaber-ish thingy instead of a cleaver? Other than that, i like it.

Offline X-Rayz

• Camper
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006, 10:43:10 pm »
I like it alot. Steyr looks veeeery noice.

Offline yamo

• Soldier
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2006, 02:00:15 am »
your right sadist the cleaver could look a little more advanced, ill see what i can do. and wraith thanks for your..lol, comment.

Date Posted: August 12, 2006, 01:27:03 AM
the plot and interface are done. i might be able to lauch a version today. as soon as i figure out how to get it ready for people to download xD.
Urban Theatre

Offline serk

• Major(1)
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2006, 03:16:37 am »
How to edit the names of wepons?

Offline yamo

• Soldier
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2006, 08:31:49 am »
go into your main soldat folder, open the folder that says Txt, open the file (notepad) that says weaponnames. edit the names they way you want them, save the notepad.
Urban Theatre

Offline Vltava

• Camper
  • Mr Avocado
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2006, 04:03:14 pm »
Many of those weapons are just modified versions of Meandor's old mod. Die, please.

Offline yamo

• Soldier
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2006, 04:26:03 pm »
vltava, if your talking about the 2679 mod. in my opinion only one of my guns resembles his, the minigun, i even stated that. The idea is his but i did not open his gun on paint and put some new lines on it. i drew it up myself. Please tell me what other guns look the same. So i can look at them and see, if they do look alike i will change them. but i gaurantee you that i only got one idea from his mod, the minigun.
Urban Theatre

Offline Vltava

• Camper
  • Mr Avocado
Re: Soldat 2841, RELEASE V1.0
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2006, 06:05:05 pm »
Alright, it's only the minigun, but some of the colors on your minigun are identical to the ones on Meandor's, placement and RGB.

Offline yamo

• Soldier
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2006, 06:46:08 pm »
hm, i was pretty sure the placement was different. ill see about changing the color. it might take a couple days though. just started school today =(
Urban Theatre

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2006, 12:26:08 pm »
This mod will be continued or someone have it, because dl link is dead?

Offline ANdro!d

• Camper
  • My ingame name is: t0XsiCk SprAyER
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2006, 02:40:00 pm »
This mod is very cool, just another topic that is going to last many months and have more than 25 replys, but btw the d/l link is dead, oohh that's bad  :'(. Try uploading it in upload tmeple or iHud, and see if you make it as fast as you can cuz' I whant that mod, ok ?  :) ;)

EDIT:
Will you make a skirmish, I mean a Nobis campaign ?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 02:42:41 pm by ANdro!d »
Check the fucking rules on sigs.

Offline yamo

• Soldier
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2006, 04:34:02 pm »
Didn't think i would see this bumped up, its been so long.  Im glad you like the mod. Hm as much as i would like to put this up for download again, i cant. Several weeks ago my comp died and lost everything on it, including this mod. If someone out there has it, feel free to get it hosted and post the link.

On a happier note if you liked this mod i am currently working on a pretty large mod right now. It will have loads of weapons (at least 80), everything that is moddable will hopefully be modded, including weapons.ini for all weapons. Here are some previews (i wasnt planning on releasing these yet, but i will).

Urban Theatre

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
  • I swear, my chainsaw killed you on its own.
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2006, 05:19:53 pm »
Release a beta version of that mod now or I will kill you.
Okay, I know, I can just rip out the weapons from that preview. So I'm fine for a little bit.
But, you still should release a beta version of that mod. It'd make everyone happy.
<3*xwd
love conquers all

Offline Boonerang

• Major(1)
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2006, 05:38:42 pm »
seriously, those weapons from both mods look absolutely amazing!!

Offline idAV

• Major
  • High-Flying Zeta
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2006, 06:57:07 pm »
<3 Yamo. Beta plx0rs. xD
Could you make a battlefield 2142 mod after this too? =D
If you can do a mod for bf2142, add me on msn @ d4vhk@hotmail.com
I can give ideas...but I'm no good at modding. ='(
Zeta.//
Xfire: idav
Can't Whites, Blacks and Reds be friends? - The Red Guy

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2006, 07:42:57 pm »
Wow, interface-gfx-wise you rank right up there with Lord Ivahn and numgun. That's outstanding work, man.