Author Topic: Infiltration discussion  (Read 10890 times)

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
Re: Infiltration discussion
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2009, 06:31:04 pm »
Updated inf_Warehouse to 1.1, with version that should meet the default map requirements (inf_Warehouse_rl.PMS). http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=35643.0

Also what's with all these remakes of the default maps?! We need new infiltration maps which are worthy of becoming default, not shiney remade default maps. :(
As you've already seen for yourself, I fail at making maps from scratch. :'(
That's why I decided to at least improve the existing ones so that my efforts wouldn't go to waste. :S

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2009, 03:20:58 am »
Updated pics and download links in the first post.

Offline Amida

• Major
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2009, 08:15:29 am »
Updated inf_Warehouse to 1.1, with version that should meet the default map requirements (inf_Warehouse_rl.PMS). http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=35643.0

Also what's with all these remakes of the default maps?! We need new infiltration maps which are worthy of becoming default, not shiney remade default maps. :(
As you've already seen for yourself, I fail at making maps from scratch. :'(
That's why I decided to at least improve the existing ones so that my efforts wouldn't go to waste. :S

Nah Lone, your maps weren't that bad. I'm sure you could make one worthy of being default if you don't give up.  8)

Offline Crimson Goth

• Camper
  • A*|INF|Veteran
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2009, 08:40:32 pm »
I didnt notice anything different in the undermine map. Or are you just taking suggestions?

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2009, 02:43:23 am »
Undermine is a suggested map. L[0ne]R may end up making a remake, we'll have to see, but as it stands, just the original has been put forward.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2009, 04:22:41 pm »
Alrighty.. Fortress, lite version updated and fixed to fit default map requirements.
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=36655.0

As for Undermine - like I said, I'm having a hard time with it, so I put that off for now. I'll remake it eventually, but I might not make it in time for 1.5.1 final release. :/
I'll probably end up remaking inf_Highlands first. I really like that map but there are a few things that need fixing (like epic fail medkit spawns).

Question: should I keep calling those maps "reworks", or rename them to "remakes"? :/ Somehow "rework" just doesn't sound right to me, but the changes are mostly visual to call it a "remake".

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2009, 06:54:01 am »
Mkay, I start working on inf_Undermine. I'll make a topic into mapping ideas/general discussions section about it's progress at the end of week. So I wish that the players who have played that map to yell me down if I've screwed something important.

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2009, 02:34:56 am »
I'll be watching carefully, and be using a massive font if you do something wrong. :D
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline Crimson Goth

• Camper
  • A*|INF|Veteran
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2009, 05:05:07 am »
Alrighty.. Fortress, lite version updated and fixed to fit default map requirements.
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=36655.0

As for Undermine - like I said, I'm having a hard time with it, so I put that off for now. I'll remake it eventually, but I might not make it in time for 1.5.1 final release. :/
I'll probably end up remaking inf_Highlands first. I really like that map but there are a few things that need fixing (like epic fail medkit spawns).

Question: should I keep calling those maps "reworks", or rename them to "remakes"? :/ Somehow "rework" just doesn't sound right to me, but the changes are mostly visual to call it a "remake".
I'd just put 151 at the end, but thats just me lol

Offline Amida

• Major
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2009, 05:29:46 am »
Loner you forgot Moonshine. I'm sure there's something you could do with that. Add a background maybe? Make more camping spots?  :|

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2009, 03:36:19 pm »
I'd just put 151 at the end, but thats just me lol
Well, I'm still not 100% sure if my maps will make it to 1.5.1. :S

Loner you forgot Moonshine. I'm sure there's something you could do with that. Add a background maybe? Make more camping spots?  :|
Moonshine has great balance, so I'm not gonna mess around with it much (Actually I think it needs less camping spots, because those under bridge give reds a really hard time if blues hide there :S). I'll only try to improve visuals. Moonshine is on my to-do list, but right now I'm working on Abel and I also wanna play around with Highlands.

Inf_Abel remake v1.0 released:
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=36873
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 06:46:59 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2009, 06:27:24 pm »
Inf_Rise/SunRise updated to 1.2 with some major fixes and changes:
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=36727.0

omigawd I'm sick of mapping..