Author Topic: inf_Industrial  (Read 7990 times)

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
inf_Industrial
« on: January 03, 2010, 04:55:53 am »
Original

Fixed version: Download
- Box scenery deleted in front of normal polygon at top left in building
- Invisible polygon walls on sides made hurting, area behind walls deadly
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 01:22:02 am by Suowarrior »

DarkCrusade

Re: inf_Industrial
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 06:17:10 am »
This map is awesome. It could take some more jet fuel and scenery, but that´s not that important.

Offline Crimson Goth

• Camper
  • A*|INF|Veteran
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 04:35:57 am »
I agree. It needs a tad bit more jet fuel.

Offline Poop

• Camper
    • SCTFL
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 01:38:25 pm »
I agree. It needs a tad bit more jet fuel.

I disagree. The low fuel is what makes it very difficult to just go top and fly over everyone to your flag. Its a very important aspect of the map.

But anyways, this is probably one of the top 3 infiltration maps currently in the game.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstien

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 08:57:48 am »
There's something to fix. The boxes and sandbags don't have colliders but only bullet collide polygons, and one boxs thing got even normal polygon (which I could swear that original creator forgot to change bullet collide).

Also I'm pretty sure that original creator meant colliders in boxes there, but he just didn't know how to create collider in mapmaker/polyworks.

I'll make version to fix that, if someone got some good reason why not to fix it, speak now.

edit: Updated the first post with fix version.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 09:09:19 am by Suowarrior »

Offline Crimson Goth

• Camper
  • A*|INF|Veteran
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 03:04:03 pm »
Yea more colliders are needed. If you put a sniper in the route above the flag, bravo has a huge advantage because red doesn't have anything to prone/crouch behind.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 03:25:53 pm »
Yea more colliders are needed. If you put a sniper in the route above the flag, bravo has a huge advantage because red doesn't have anything to prone/crouch behind.

Got to agree.

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 03:54:44 pm »

I thought, that's the fun part ???

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 12:09:17 am »
There's something to fix. The boxes and sandbags don't have colliders but only bullet collide polygons, and one boxs thing got even normal polygon (which I could swear that original creator forgot to change bullet collide).

Also I'm pretty sure that original creator meant colliders in boxes there, but he just didn't know how to create collider in mapmaker/polyworks.

I'll make version to fix that, if someone got some good reason why not to fix it, speak now.

I GREATLY argue against the collider change. MZ is not stupid; I'm certain that he knew how to access colliders (his sister Anna created PolyWorks, for Pete's sake), and I'm also rather certain that he did not want grenades exploding against the crates upon impact, which is why he used invisible OPC polygons covering them instead.

As for the crate in front of Bravo spawn, I can only suggest that MZ, as much as I knew of him (and from what you can see in the layout of the map), was very meticulous in his work. He probably wouldn't neglect that.

(edit: added quote replied to)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 12:15:07 am by Keron Cyst »

Offline As de Espada

• Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2010, 12:57:09 am »
ohh, very well thaught. Nades exploding would slow down the map so much. I agree with Keron Cyst.
I don't see a very good use fot that normal poly, but it slows the exit of the building/slows the sniper to flag
All my maps | my latest map: SoldatX Racing Mappack
me making a map on youtube: ctf_FastMade

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2010, 07:50:02 am »
Boxes, sandbags explode, it's almost like standard in default maps. If you see a box in game, you think if you throw grenade at it, it'll explode. That's the reason why I prefer having colliders. Into balance/game it's having only marginal effect, it's giving advantage both bravo and alpha. However I can live with bullet collides.

That normal polygon in box scenery will be touched. The box can't be bullet collide at one place and normal polygon in other place. The question is if normal polygon should be deleted or the scenery in front of it and set polygon visible.

Offline As de Espada

• Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2010, 01:25:25 pm »
maybe you could just change the front scenery (to a locker or wathever) and keep original poly.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2010, 01:52:11 pm »
Eh. I never noticed those were polygons instead of colliders until you mentioned it.
If they were made as polygons - perhaps there was a reason behind this, so let's not mess with it too much. Just leave them as polygons. Besides, there is already very little room to hide, and if colliders are used - the only covers that there are will be almost completely useless.

One thing I want to suggest though: Make all those small sticking-out bits in the hallways (picture attached) only-bullet-collide, so that they don't collide with players.
Also, there are a number of box sceneries that can be easily mistaken for colliders. They should be toned down so they don't distract and confuse players.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 01:56:56 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2010, 07:00:20 pm »
You will eventually learn to avoid those, deal with it.
I did learn and do deal with it. But unlike you, I also think about newbs. Also, those bits of polygons don't have any significant (good) effect on gameplay, so there's no reason for them to collide with players.

Offline biohazard

• Camper
  • B4bY NighT
    • B4bY NighT
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2010, 08:06:05 pm »
Who plays INF? Pubbers.

That in mind, i think those stickers are made to prevent much barret camping ricochets

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2010, 08:12:05 pm »
I did learn and do deal with it. But unlike you, I also think about newbs. Also, those bits of polygons don't have any significant (good) effect on gameplay, so there's no reason for them to collide with players.
Newbs aren't in charge of what is awesome and what isn't.
The main point still is: those polys aren't awesome, whether you're a newb or a pro.
And the fact that some players learned to avoid them doesn't mean it's still a good thing. It's like if you have a load of crap blocking the way into your room, and you just got used to "dealing with it" instead of cleaning all the crap out.

i think those stickers are made to prevent much barret camping ricochets
Perhaps, but I wasn't talking about removing those polys completely. Setting them to only-bullet-collide is enough.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2010, 09:31:35 pm »
Aw man...Couldn't you at least leave indie alone?
It's the one map that doesn't deserve the punishment :/
b&

Offline Poop

• Camper
    • SCTFL
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2010, 12:19:08 am »
Industrial is currently arguably the best infiltration map in the game. I can understand tweaking a few things here and there that will really improve gameplay, but lets not make changes for the sake of making changes.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstien

Offline As de Espada

• Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2010, 01:16:29 am »
yep, I think that most of players is happy with the map

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2010, 03:44:28 am »
Updated the first post with new fix version. Everything else is just like in original but deleted the box scenery in front of normal polygon. So bullet collide polys in boxes are back.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 03:55:05 am by Suowarrior »

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2010, 03:10:32 pm »
Another thing that I forgot to mention: invisible walls on the sides are climbable and some players like to abuse it (though it's nothing too critical). Making them more steep on players' side (or removing them completely and stretching map boundaries instead) should do the trick.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 03:41:45 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2010, 08:42:21 pm »
You are abusing the map by adding eye candy and removing tactical means of cover...
b&

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2010, 01:24:22 am »
You are abusing the map by adding eye candy and removing tactical means of cover...
What?

Fixed version: Download
- Box scenery deleted in front of normal polygon at top left in building
- Invisible polygon walls on sides made hurting, area behind walls deadly
Updated the first post