Author Topic: inf_Messner  (Read 3628 times)

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
inf_Messner
« on: January 03, 2010, 04:56:55 am »
Original

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
Re: inf_Messner
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 09:29:10 pm »
Low jet fuel and icy polygons make this map frustrating rather than interesting, while lots of useless space between the two hills and lack of camp sceneries make gameplay plain and boring. Even visuals are just as boring.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 08:07:42 am »
I always enjoyed playing this map. I never actually played it as in INF mode but it was fun on Hide and Seek. Only problem I really see is the really long and hard way from the alpha base to the bravo base. Maybe the maps gameplay could be fixed with ease if you´d place the alpha base higher. I am not a big fan of camping scenery, though I would like to see more scenery at all (especially background).

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 06:56:57 am »
Visuals are good, don't touch em.
Ceiling would be good, to prevent m79 flying from bravo hills to red flag and
this:

DarkCrusade

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 08:16:37 am »
I never actually tried to get offmap on this map. And I bet noone would ever try this.

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 09:38:14 am »
I never actually tried to get offmap on this map. And I bet noone would ever try this.
Doesn't matter. As long as it is possible and theres a chance some retarted bratwurst would
go there with a flag. Fly-escape method is used alot and it's hard to chase after unless you lead yourself
to spawnkilling position near red base.

Offline Crimson Goth

• Camper
  • A*|INF|Veteran
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 04:19:03 pm »

its been done by octopwn, and majority of the A* clan lol. its a pretty hard task actually.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 04:43:50 pm »
Getting over the right border is incredibly hard, but possible (boost off the right hill, then a tricky nade+m79 boost off the wall). I only managed to do it once (out of about 20 tries), I think. Left border is a bit easier.
Since it's so hard, I doubt anyone would hide there with flag but it's still not something you should be doing instead of helping your team. :S

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 01:16:50 am »
OPC polygons wouldn't do anything bad there, besides It's easy for everyone who's been playing
m79 freestyle past these few months.

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2010, 12:32:14 am »
Fly-escape method is used alot and it's hard to chase after unless you lead yourself
to spawnkilling position near red base.
Which Bravo usually does anyway. Going over the top of the mountains and flying over the rest of the space between the left mountain and Alpha base gives Bravo a lot of time to catch up.

This map might look like a hard map for Alpha, but in fact it's hard for Bravo, because of the different routes for Alpha (and for the tendency of public players to spawn camp). Unless there's one person on every route on the right mountain (or Alpha happen to be all retards), you're gonna be losing that flag every time.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline Swompie

• Camper
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2010, 03:22:27 am »
I've never been a big fan of that map, but it's fun and tells us to play more strategically.
And like DC already said, a few bg scenerys would fit this map.
The background color could be abit darker, gives a cool mountain feeling I think.

For the offmaping, the left side is easy, but the right is really hard, I can't remember if I ever got up there, maybe long time ago. It's fun trying to get up there!

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2010, 03:28:53 pm »
I still think this map should be shorter and have few more ledges/bridges/spots, especially between the hills.
Right now all Alpha team can do there is either walk on the open ground without any cover, or jet with barely enough fuel to reach the other hill, which makes them even more vulnerable. M79/Nade boosts are the only help in this case, but even they become useless after a few rushes, since blue team already knows what to expect from you. That is when there are decent players on the server.

Only reason why this map is often hard for blue team is because most pubbers are too impatient or stupid to protect the exits on blue base. Instead they rush to the hill on the left where reds have already taken positions, or even all the way to red base. Worse - after blues get massacred on the way to enemy base and red team makes a few caps - they still don't learn a single thing and keep trying to spawnkill reds instead of protecting base.
Thats when it becomes extremely easy for red team - because of all the open space and unprotected exits blues have no idea where enemy will come from and where he went after grabbing the flag. They become lost and scattered around the map and become easy to kill.

If the map is a little shorter - blues wouldn't have the time to get bored, so hopefully they'd stay closer to base or at least the center of the map. But for that there needs to be something in that area that makes it worth staying there instead of going all the way to the left. That's why a few ledges and such would be useful there, as well as less open space so that in most cases players will see each other without having to zoom in with barrett.