Author Topic: ctf_Division  (Read 10789 times)

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
Re: ctf_Division
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2010, 03:43:08 am »
Cleaned, make a topic somewhere else to raise your friendship.
- Horve's message stays, even though it's misplaced (--> ctf_Kampf topic) and has some crap in it, it's partly related maps.

Original Division stays, post new versions or report bugs or suggest something to improve the map. Do not try insult each other and see who got most backup in forum. Next poster that doesn't relate Division in any way will be warned.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 03:51:30 am by Suowarrior »

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2010, 03:09:46 pm »
Dark Crusades maps keep on being better then the originals, I like your style. People say that his Division is too dark, bur really, we don't have many dark maps, its fresh.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2010, 03:17:37 pm »
Dark Crusades maps keep on being better then the originals, I like your style. People say that his Division is too dark, bur really, we don't have many dark maps, its fresh.

Problem is, that there are many old players that are conservative, but they are this hard core Soldat needs to have a static community. I acknowledged that most people want more small changes over time than fresh remakes.

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2010, 03:34:36 pm »
Only a tiny minority of the competitive scene wants more than just bugfixes.

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2010, 11:05:24 am »
One gameplay update that I see welcomed is couple new scenery in front of players. It would make it more tactical as Division is lacking this scenery hiding tactic completely.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2010, 11:29:54 am »
Don´t touch the scenery on ctf_Division. There are enough places that you can hide at and if you´d join the community of Hide and Seek you´d see where you can hide but it needs practice. Division is perfect as it is.

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2010, 11:50:25 am »
Dunno about hide and seek community. But for normal ctf there aren't any places to hide.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2010, 12:14:08 pm »
You need to know how you can hide. It requires skills to do this on Division and that´s why I think this map is cool as it is. Maybe you should try it on your own, I don´t want to go into detail, you can hide at the middle route, both sides. Also in the spawn base of both teams. You don´t need more :)

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2010, 02:28:39 pm »
I can't help facepalming every time I see your posts.

#1 There's no time to hide
#2 Even if you manage to hide yourself completely which is - as far as I know - impossible, there's always someone who can count to three.

SuoW, why should every map have the possibility to hide? Keep thinking that way and we'll find ourselves stuck with twenty identical maps.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2010, 02:53:01 pm »
I can't help facepalming every time I see your posts.

#1 There's no time to hide
#2 Even if you manage to hide yourself completely which is - as far as I know - impossible, there's always someone who can count to three.

SuoW, why should every map have the possibility to hide? Keep thinking that way and we'll find ourselves stuck with twenty identical maps.

It´s irrelevant for me whether you facepalm or not, you read my posts, that´s all what interests me. In fact I didn´t say you should camp/hide/whatever you want, I just said that you CAN actually.

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2010, 03:40:45 pm »
DC I meant to add sneaky scenery that have use for the play even in competitive play. I mean adding some small bush sized scenery both top center and bottom center, where players can use it for sneaky purpose.

It's not touching originality, it's more like bonus tactic in my view. What's better than sneak behind scenery and manage to make a cap, nothing. That thing should be included into all maps that are big enough to have use for sneaky tactics, that's just my opinion which I'm asking for support. If Im not having it, okay lets go without sneaking.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 04:01:09 pm by Suowarrior »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2010, 03:42:32 pm »
Center top seems alright, bottom route shouldn´t be touched, though.

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2010, 03:43:17 pm »
why would you want to make division camp-friendly?
It could destroy the whole fluidity of the map, which boxo oh so very carefully explained to me.
Also, the addition of random "sneaky" scenery on a straightforward kill or die map wouldn't make much sense.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 03:49:27 pm by Horve »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2010, 03:43:55 pm »
Like he said: for sneaky tactics.

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2010, 03:47:00 pm »
It could destroy the whole fluidity of the map, which boxo oh so very carefully explained to me.

This. I also believe that Division is just too small hence making it very rare to have a situation in which you don't know where the enemy is.

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2010, 04:11:11 pm »
This. I also believe that Division is just too small hence making it very rare to have a situation in which you don't know where the enemy is.
Sneaking behind boxes is possible at Kampf's boxes in alpha base where the counting should be also easy. Tactic worked multiple times in last sctfl season. So if it works at Kampf, I'd say it can work in Division too.

Also, the addition of random "sneaky" scenery on a straightforward kill or die map wouldn't make much sense.
Word "destroy" was propably hyperball. A few scenery in front would have marginal or no effect on that.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2010, 05:55:55 am »
Why are we discussing? Lets just place some infront scenery and see how the map changes?

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2012, 11:51:52 pm »

There are several polybugs in ctf_Division.
See sreenshots below.

1a and 1b: These polybugs bring you to an halt.
Whether you come from left or right.

2: Additionally, I suggest making the columns slightly transparent. To make a clear visual separation between them and the upper polys.

3: This polybug makes you loose your momentum when coming from the left.

Issues 1, 2 and 3 fixed by As de Espada in ctf_DivisionA

4: Polybug: Ruin your momentum when falling from up.

5: Polybug: Makes you lose your momentum and you get slightly "eaten" by the poly while coming from left or up.

Mantis ticket: http://bugs.soldat.pl/view.php?id=195
ctf_DivisionA: http://bugs.soldat.pl/file_download.php?file_id=337&type=bug