Author Topic: Problem with corridor3.bmp  (Read 2589 times)

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
Problem with corridor3.bmp
« on: January 04, 2010, 12:05:36 am »
Many players seem to have a strange problem with that specific scenery. For some players part of that scenery looks pitch-black, while for others it shows up fine.
Here's what it looks like when bugged (screenshot isn't mine):

I tried re-saving it, pasting it from print-screen and saving again, added a green border around the scenery - nothing worked. It's still bugged for some players and I have no clue how and why this happens.

My guess is that the problem might be caused by corridor3.PNG, which some players have from a different map. Since PNG has priority over BMP - it's possible that something went wrong when Soldat loaded a png version of that scenery. But then I have corridor3.png too and I don't have any errors. Maps still look fine on my screen even after I deleted the png version of the scenery.

If someone knows why this is happening, and more importantly - how to fix it - please help.
("dont use corridor3" kind of "help" isn't welcome though)
I'll give you a cookie if you help me solve this problem.

I've attached a rar with the 2 sceneries that I'm having trouble with.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 12:07:37 am by L[0ne]R »

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
Re: Problem with corridor3.bmp
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 02:14:14 am »
These two corridors are kinda strange - both have weird 1px green border. I've got alternative versions:

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 04:23:21 pm »
That border is what I added to them afterwards, hoping it would fix the problem. But with or without borders - people said it was still bugged. :/

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 05:48:30 pm »
I joined graveyard inf the other day, they had inf_Rise2 on, which is like your sunrise, but without alt route to black flag.

Any way, the sceneries were really really messed up, lots of black ones like in the screenshot you posted, but way worse.

I fixed it by extracting your sunrise map, which must have replaced sceneries or something.
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 07:09:42 pm »
I joined graveyard inf the other day, they had inf_Rise2 on, which is like your sunrise, but without alt route to black flag.

Any way, the sceneries were really really messed up, lots of black ones like in the screenshot you posted, but way worse.

I fixed it by extracting your sunrise map, which must have replaced sceneries or something.
Could you please provide more detail on that? Did the sceneries not show up at all, or at least parts of them were visible?

I have a feeling that server owner forgot to upload the sceneries and only uploaded the map.. Otherwise it should look similar to what it's like on the screenshot, but not "way worse". :S

The sceneries you extracted shouldn't be any different (assuming you got them from inf_SunRise thread) as people have reported having issues with them too.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 07:12:23 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 11:21:59 pm »
I would say the server doesn't have the sceneries.

In PW, they came up as the picture not found thing, I'm sure you know what I mean.

Which meant every where there was supposed to be a corridor pic, there was a black square.

Btw, I never extracted Sunrise until after the map problem.
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 04:06:35 pm »
I swapped inf_SunRise's BG sceneries (corridor3.bmp and corridor3_fade.bmp) with different ones (concrete1.bmp and concrete1_fade.bmp), but since for me the original sceneries showed up fine - I need someone else to check if the black blocks are gone.

-----
I've attached an archive with 2 versions of inf_SunRise, as well as all the required sceneries.
inf_SunRise nofix.PMS uses corridor3.bmp (should have black blocks)
inf_SunRise fix.PMS uses concrete1.bmp (should NOT have blocks)

First check the nofix version and see if sceneries look like on the screenshot in the main post.
If nofix version doesn't have blocks - you're useless, gtfo :D (well in other words, you can't reproduce the bug so you can't tell if the fix worked)
If you see black blocks - please check the fix version and tell me if the blocks are gone.

Thanks a lot in advance.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 05:10:32 pm by L[0ne]R »