Author Topic: *Meconium*  (Read 2118 times)

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 06:06:58 am by Horve »

DarkCrusade

Re: *Meconium*
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 05:56:57 am »
The first one is just, ugh, random. The room for players to move it too small. The whole game will take place in the middle.

The second one is random again, I don´t see why this could be a good layout for any map.

You can´t see enough of the layout and the spawns on no. 3.

Once I made a very similiar layout, just like your 4th one, but I didn´t like it, because it was too unbalanced.

You can´t see enough of the layout and the spawns on no. 5.

I think no. 6 is a very complex layout but it´s okay in terms of pred layouts.

No. 7 isn´t complete at all.

No. 8 seems to be the best layout so far. Stick with it.

No. 9 is the best layout in your long list. Stick with this.

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 06:00:32 am »
This is yours. your opinion is irrelevant to me, the creator of this here topic.
On completion, some of the credits belong to me.
Do you comprehend?

In case you did not understand, the sketches are for inspiration or ripping off. Your opinion of something is of no importance. Go starhunting somewhere else. The next evaluator better be ready for a different kind of evaluation.

Especially you, Dark Crusade. Everything that you have so far touched has turned into meconium. I wonder how much time will it take for you to understand that you should gather all them goonies and pike off. Your "handiwork" has contributed nothing to anyone, except for the same goonies. You and the clones can't produce anything that could be differentiated from the other, so I've decided to lend you a helping hand and actually have mercy on you by giving you more ideas.

So that was my evaluation of your current status, which I was obliged to return for your favor of evaluating my old sketches that you can now use as you please.

Another note:
In case you were born with a brain defect, you would be able to understand that these are merely sketches, not ready-made maps. So in any case, there is no point in suggesting anything, as a sketch can be easily scratched and redrawn, unlike map releases. I will not be doing that, however, because I can not be arsed to make them. If you have released a map and thus, declared it finished, it means that the product is complete in your eyes. If the product that you have declared officially released and ready is comparable with manure by those who have far more experience, the failure that has been bestowed on you is beyond words.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 07:07:27 am by Horve »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 06:09:31 am »
Since when are you allowed to bash around like you want to?

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 06:35:14 am »

Don't cry, little boy. Remember, you asked for this earlier. You may consider yourself privileged. Also, if you actually did have anything to say, that could have only been something regarding the actual implementation of the layouts into fresh maps. Of course you may starhunt some more, but, as I have previously mentioned, the wang will be ignored by me. I don't bash people, I express opinion in the format that is allowed by the forum rules. Also, you are not obliged to accept my evaluations just like I, by default, do ignore yours.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 06:38:39 am by Horve »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 06:53:49 am »
It´s so funny that you like the word "meconium".

Offline As de Espada

• Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 10:56:24 am »
I have a theory that almost anything can be a htf map...
1. nice. Clean. I like the theming, wathever it is
2. I don't like realistic maps.
3. same
4. nice map. upper flag seems to be in a too thin tunel Really funny how you used polyjumps, first you have to go down so you can go up.
5. I don't like zm.
6. I don't play pred much, but this is interesting. You have to use jets often.
7. Is anything ice? This seems quite impossible to catch the flagger. I like those "bridges"
8. too much information :D is the attack to the right?
9. I hope this have low jets
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 12:02:33 pm by As de Espada »
All my maps | my latest map: SoldatX Racing Mappack
me making a map on youtube: ctf_FastMade

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010, 07:08:21 pm »
I have a criticism, and it's not against any of the sketches you made here.

This sort of stuff goes into The Drawing Board stickied thread. Moreover, this isn't even in the same board as said stickied topic. It's rather misleading to put it in Mapping Ideas and General Discussions, because people will then post as if helping you -make- those maps by pointing out some of the flaws in them.

No. 7 isn´t complete at all.
Imo, that's probably supposed to be a completely mirrored map, so further sketches to the other side of that map is totally unnecessary.

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2010, 07:19:56 pm »
move or discuss something, I guess.

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2010, 08:54:40 pm »

Since the beginning of time. or at least since before I joined this forums. Well uh, if you so desire to consider it bashing... ahem.

Anyway. Yeah, took a look-over. Nothing told me to make it vOv
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 09:02:48 pm by Blacksheepboy »

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2010, 06:49:35 am »
All I can say bout the drawings is wow, I don't really give a s**t about layouts like most of people pretend to do, since if it's you.. It's about visuals and your visuals gives me so hard pant drilling boner that its impossible not to enjoy the gameplay. I remember some of those drawings (1,2,4) they're about 2-3 years old if I recall right. Was looking forward to em so what, theyre abandoned now?

It´s so funny that you like the word "meconium".
It's so funny how everytime you growl in the keyboard I frankly feel like saying "Shut the hell up", but I guess that would
be too inappropriate.

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2010, 04:33:23 am »
If Horve bashes, Horve gets banned/silenced in the end. It's up to him. Last days he has been kind.

About layouts:
1: Unique, might be fun, should be made

7: Looked interesting, but cobralike base, cobralike map. Other than nice layout, someone just need to find more unique flag/player spawn combo.

Others might be good layouts too, especially both infs, but those two were the most interesting for me.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 04:38:03 am by Suowarrior »

Offline Lemony

• Major(1)
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2010, 06:49:26 pm »
I swear, before I perish from this world half of those sketches will become maps.

Some of them will need some adjustments due to gameplay issues, mainly the INF maps.  But these layouts are just too good to pass up.  Once I get several maps out of the way, these will be next on my to-do list.