Author Topic: Baka Admin + SolTV v0.8.8 ~ A comfortable admin client.  (Read 78801 times)

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
Baka Admin updated to v0.6.5
« Reply #100 on: July 11, 2010, 01:44:36 pm »
New version includes:
  • Xp support
  • Autocompletion of typed commands
  • Support for custom sorting modes for players list
  • Support for custom colour themes for players list and log
  • New hot keys:
    • Ctrl+Add/Sub to adjust log font size
    • Ctrl+Tab to switch to the next tab
    • Ctrl+Enter in cmd box to send as chat (adds /say at the begging)
    • Ctrl+Enter or Ctrl+Click on bookmark to open in the current tab
  • Passwords are now hidden if tab is connected (lol no more accidental pass screenshots)
  • Drag and drop of bookmarks, various UI improvements, bugfixes etc.

You can find download link and changelog at the first post.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
Re: Baka Admin v0.6.5b (with source) - A comfortable admin client.
« Reply #101 on: July 11, 2010, 04:05:59 pm »
I'm glad to see you're using sourceforge, but I strongly suggest you keep your current codebase in SVN and do the development there, and when you feel it's release ready, rar it up and release that, but still keep the latest ongoing dev in SVN. Version control is a very, very important and useful thing.

Passwords are now hidden if tab is connected (lol no more accidental pass screenshots)
Wasn't an accident; I was trying to get your attention.
There are other worlds than these

Offline xmRipper

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • Personal
« Reply #102 on: July 11, 2010, 08:07:29 pm »
Thanks for update VTT.
choco theme is the best btw.

(...)
Passwords are now hidden if tab is connected (lol no more accidental pass screenshots)
Wasn't an accident; I was trying to get your attention.
lol :D
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 08:17:38 pm by xmRipper »
Co-Founder / CTO @ Macellan
Founder Turkish Soldat Community

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
« Reply #103 on: July 12, 2010, 05:42:06 am »
Source code is available as rar.
I've tried using the svn SourceForge provides, however after reading like 15 tutorials something went terribly wrong and right now i don't even have any ideas how to cleanup all that s**t...  :-[

About installer:
It should contain a set of shared resources which are the same for all the platforms (config and other profiles, ip db and flags, help file, etc). And 3 sets of platform-specific files (main exe and resources dll) for XP (x86), vista/7 (x86) and vsita/7 (x64).
For vista/seven users it should provide an option to choose portable(when config and bookmarks are in the Baka Admin folder)/normal(when config and bookmarks are kept in APP DATA) installation.

About themes: right now BA supports only basic colour customization, but the number of customizable elements will be expanded later.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 09:07:28 am by VirtualTT »

Offline Nixer

• Major(1)
  • Walk!
    • Eat-this community site
« Reply #104 on: July 12, 2010, 08:04:01 am »
I think BA seems pretty good now also with the XP support.
Because I'm not really interested in Soldat servers that much I probably won't be using this tool really at all, but if I ever need an admin client I'll probably use this one.
Good job and good luck on future releases. I'll be watching. :)

Offline xmRipper

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • Personal
« Reply #105 on: July 15, 2010, 09:16:28 am »
My sister has just said "ahuah baka means idiot in japanese, you are an idiot admin!"
I've just learnt that.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #106 on: July 17, 2010, 10:44:04 am »
I am using the XP version of Baka Admin, but somewhen it just freezes. There is an error message telling me that "an error occured", so I can't help you finding the error source.

I administrate 2 servers with a refresh rate of 1 second. I only run Notepad++ and Google Chrome next to Baka Admin and my computer is no crappy one.

EDIT: Found one possible error source: "drwtsn32.exe recognized an error and needs to be closed."
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 01:31:09 pm by DarkCrusade »

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
Map Viewer
« Reply #107 on: July 17, 2010, 02:52:22 pm »
Well, i've received several reports about BA not working properly under XP, but i didn't find the problem source yet. If it's possible could you test whether BA crushes after some human players (with internet ip) join game (or join game as spectators)?

But i also have good news!
Sol TV is almost ready and will be included in the next version!
I've made a lightweight DirectX9-based Map Viewer to test my map rendering code.
(use "Open with..." explorer menu item or drop maps on it to open, press F1 for help)
download it from the attachment

IEDIT: Found one possible error source: "drwtsn32.exe recognized an error and needs to be closed."
how's this related to BA? :\
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 03:50:13 pm by VirtualTT »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #108 on: July 17, 2010, 04:04:58 pm »
Something strange happened: I connect to a server and it just says "23:00:58 Connecting to the server... Soldat Admin Connection Established."

BA doesn't initialize the server settings nor can I see the player list. I cannot use commands and the quick configuration window has the default settings (DM in options when the server is running CTF).

I didn't modify any files or something like that, I just started BA again after it crashed.

Offline xmRipper

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • Personal
« Reply #109 on: July 17, 2010, 05:26:29 pm »
http://imgur.com/6SETt.png
It says d3dx9d_42.dll is missing.

I couldn't find that file on the internet.
I've updated the directx to latest version. Still same.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 05:28:05 pm by xmRipper »

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
« Reply #110 on: July 18, 2010, 01:22:02 am »
Ok, now it doesn't require d3dx9d_42.dll to run (i forgot to turn off debug stuff...).

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #111 on: July 18, 2010, 01:48:04 am »
Do you intend to post the source for your lovely map viewer?

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
« Reply #112 on: July 18, 2010, 02:25:39 am »
Again - since nobody is interested in helping me writing it there is no point in sharing the source code. It probably will be interesting only to ppl who are wondering how pms renderer looks like. But for them it would be better to read directX documentation and browse SDK samples (part 1, 2, 3 and 5) that explain everything. PMS renderer is uber primitive, it takes less than 500 lines (and that's with working antialiasing and with change of resolution on the fly)...
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 02:28:17 am by VirtualTT »

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #113 on: July 18, 2010, 03:12:30 am »
Again - since nobody is interested in helping me writing it there is no point in sharing the source code. It probably will be interesting only to ppl who are wondering how pms renderer looks like. But for them it would be better to read directX documentation and browse SDK samples (part 1, 2, 3 and 5) that explain everything.

Not necessarily. Rainrider's map packer / viewer is free/open source. It is written using opengl and the windows api. I'm just curious about your directx implementation.

And if you really got SVN (or git/bzr) working and asked for help in certain coding circles (IRC?), you'd get people interested.

To be honest, when there isn't money involved and it's just freeware, there's no point in keeping it closed source.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 03:14:49 am by jrgp »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #114 on: July 18, 2010, 04:55:49 am »
It's likely crashing when there are more than 3 players on the server. For example I connected to one server that had 2 players and it didn't crash when another player joined. After a while I tried connecting to another and it crashed immediatly (6 players).

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
« Reply #115 on: July 18, 2010, 10:16:50 am »
What's the point of asking the source code for everything? In active open-source projects source is being published to allow community of the developers to improve it and not to satisfy the curiosity. Unfortunately nobody is interested in irc...
stop promoting your admin tool here
~_~'

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #116 on: July 18, 2010, 02:02:52 pm »
stop promoting your admin tool here

Whoever said that used the word "promoting". Were you trying to show it off or ask for positive feedback?

DarkCrusade

« Reply #117 on: July 19, 2010, 04:12:37 am »
Today I was able to observe both servers and one was filled with 12 players. It crashed after I refreshed a tab in Google Chrome. I'll try to use Firefox and see the results.

EDIT: Works fine with Firefox. Didn't think it'd be that trivial ... :| I'd like to see some highlighting for text. Custom colours for text/commands/server related stuff would make things a lot easier

EDIT2: Nevermind, it just crashed again.. Programs running: MSN, Firefox, Notepad++, Windows Explorer
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 04:24:10 am by DarkCrusade »

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #118 on: July 19, 2010, 06:21:09 am »
Today I was able to observe both servers and one was filled with 12 players. It crashed after I refreshed a tab in Google Chrome. I'll try to use Firefox and see the results.

EDIT: Works fine with Firefox. Didn't think it'd be that trivial ... :| I'd like to see some highlighting for text. Custom colours for text/commands/server related stuff would make things a lot easier

EDIT2: Nevermind, it just crashed again.. Programs running: MSN, Firefox, Notepad++, Windows Explorer

I don't believe the programs running have anything to do with it at all.

Unless you have flailing ram and using more programs at once makes you use more of it. (the flailing half) But even then, you might be getting blue screens, not just having one small program crash.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #119 on: July 19, 2010, 06:37:18 am »
It was just a guess because Google Chrome did baaaad things to my PC before.