Author Topic: Baka Admin + SolTV v0.8.8 ~ A comfortable admin client.  (Read 78237 times)

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
kk.

Well, I have one that is a very minor bug. If you join a server, and it has players in it, the number of players will update on the tab to the correct number. If you then leave that server, but with the same tab, join to another server without players, it will still report the same number of players as in the last server. I think it only occurs as long as there aren't any players.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
kk.

Well, I have one that is a very minor bug. If you join a server, and it has players in it, the number of players will update on the tab to the correct number. If you then leave that server, but with the same tab, join to another server without players, it will still report the same number of players as in the last server. I think it only occurs as long as there aren't any players.
Ok, this will be fixed in the next version.

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
Couple of things related to the console:

There are occasions where the console stops automatically scrolling when I don't want it to. I haven't pinpointed what exactly you have to do to stop it scrolling (although it's easy to make it start again, so that's alright).

If I want to highlight something to copy it, stop the console from scrolling, please! And also consider automatically copying anything highlighted in the console, to make things snappier.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
Sometimes console stops to scroll when you minimize BA to tray, i think fixing this won't be a problem. However stopping console from scrolling when text is being selected and copying it automatically to clipboard might be a bit tricky. This was already requested so I'll see what i can do...

Offline Toxic Avenger

• Major
This is great, I'll never have to use ARSSE again..!

Offline xmRipper

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • Personal
Umm I'm not going to use ARSSE too, sorry Shoozza, but love you ^^
It's slow and freezing >.<

(...)automatically copying anything highlighted in the console, to make things snappier.
No I don't want it, it's just annoying.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 05:40:21 pm by xmRipper »
Co-Founder / CTO @ Macellan
Founder Turkish Soldat Community

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
(...)automatically copying anything highlighted in the console, to make things snappier.
I sometimes highlight things as i read them. If its uato copy, and similar to mirc, it auto de-highlights, then uhm i'd be upset (well, if i change windows or something and return to finish reading wherever i left off) well, if i could even use the program that is.... ^^

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
Well, i can implement this as an optional feature. And also i'll probably add Paste-and-Send (on Ctrl-D) feature. I'm using it in my Miranda so i guess it can be quite useful.

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
I sometimes highlight things as i read them. If its uato copy, and similar to mirc, it auto de-highlights, then uhm i'd be upset (well, if i change windows or something and return to finish reading wherever i left off) well, if i could even use the program that is.... ^^
Well, at least stop the console from moving when you're highlighting it, or prevent it from de-highlighting when new messages get inserted. :D

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
As some ppl have already noticed, "Key" icon in the statusbar is always ON indicating that the server is password-protected from players. However this may be wrong. All current soldat servers have bug which makes them always report to admin client that they are password-protected. This bug was reported to Soldat bug-tracker and will be hopefully resolved in the next server version.

Also please note that all current soldat servers does not report whether Realistic/Survival/Advance modes are on or not. So unless you changed these settings using current BA session, corresponding checkboxes in the quick config may show incorrect information.

Server v2.6.5 doesn't seem to support "Scripted" attribute.

Also none of the servers reporting current paused state so it's being determinated by comparing timestamps of the current and previous REFRESHX. So it always takes about one REFRESHX sending interval for paused/unpaused button to be refreshed and it's not a bug.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 03:53:59 pm by VirtualTT »

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
Another suggestion:

For the join game button in the bottom right, you should make it use the current admin password as the password to join the server, so that not only does it bypass any passwords that might actually be there, you also get administrated on join. :D

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
Another suggestion:

For the join game button in the bottom right, you should make it use the current admin password as the password to join the server, so that not only does it bypass any passwords that might actually be there, you also get administrated on join. :D
Didn't know that it can work this way. Definately will be added in the next version.

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
Heh, yeah. I only found out near the start of the 1.5.1 beta about it myself.

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
I think only 1.5.0 and up client version (not 100% certain) supports putting in admin password as the server password, so doing so if you know its a server version for a client version lower than this would be pointless (and slightly take longer for the user to delete teh text, and THEN have to type in the password) so I suggest making a small check to see if server version >= whatever (whatever the server version associated with 1.5.0 is).
Or even having a 'save server password' type of thing saved somewhere, so any time you try to join that server, it'll plug in the server password for ya, kuz ur lazy :P.

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
Since BA only supports servers for Soldat 1.5.0 and higher and this functions works fine with any of them there is no need in any additional checks.
Saving server game password isn't a good idea since there is no way to get this password from server except for setting new one.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 09:11:06 am by VirtualTT »

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
Re: Baka Admin v0.6.3b - A comfortable admin client.
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2010, 09:15:09 pm »
@VirtualTT: I meant like private servers that usually have a specific password for anybody who knows the password to join. Not a server that commonly changes passwords.
Also may be a bad idea since other ppl with access to the admin client (or admin client files) then have access to joining servers they may not otherwise be able to.

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2010, 08:27:47 am »
Actually right now everyone who has access to admin client and/or it's files can get all server passwords without a problem. Bookmarks are saved in bookmarks.dat and all the settings along with last session are saved in config.dat If someone get those two files he can retrieve all the information. Also as all of you can see, BA never hides passwords. So basically doesn't protect your passwords anyhow. But it's not a big deal... Server protocol is made so admin client sends passwords to the server as plain text, so protecting them doesn't worth it... It's not like it's your credit card pin codes...

Also here's screenshot of the next BA version, Quick config now supports profiles (they are saved as ini so you can easily add your own), UI was adjusted a bit, quick commands buttons were replaced with side panel, Players list now uses default system font so it should appear better now:

« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 08:33:35 am by VirtualTT »

Offline Boblekonvolutt

• Soldier
  • "YOU are a CAR."
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2010, 10:44:02 am »
Player display thing is finally readable, nice.

Offline crckdns

• Major(1)
    • Dedicated Soldat Server - crckdns.de-Soldat
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2010, 12:19:29 pm »
Well, at first I thought, the time of ARSSE is over and wa happy to see a new admin client.
Yet I have to say, even you maybe think its "great" to use the Aero effects or some fancy gui-playing..with icons, you made it just completelly wrong.
Your tool is not really useable without having aero or some vista/7 effects enabled.
Just check my screen:

..that is windows server 2008 (vista server edition) w/o having useless effects beeing activated. As you can see the icons and every "picture" is not shown and the functions behind the blank buttons are recognizeable only via tooltips (thanks for them!) ..

Would be really great to have a clean version of it without depending on some effects :)

Thanks

cracky

edit: bugreport1:  IPs 188.47.14.31 and 93.105.144.230 are polish, but your tool does not recognize it, ARSSE does :) same goes for IP 87.242.46.36 (hungary) and 92.225.18.135 (germany), 81.246.149.209 (belgium) .. there is still a lot to do :) no clue how your tool works on the resolving, but GeoIP should work great

edit2: weird IP bug.. ARSSE shows IP 213.132.93.17 but your tool shows 17.93.132.213 (and this way does not recognize the country)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 12:49:42 pm by crckdns »
Join crckdns.de-Soldat server and enjoy fairplay and tons of maps.
dedicated crckdns.de Soldat server

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2010, 12:50:33 pm »
1. While writing BA i was keeping in mind that it can be used on systems with disabled theming. So it does not depend on Themes and/or DWM services (which is know as "Aero"). And should work fine without them:

Could you please use Process Explorer and tell me whether IconCodecService.dll v6.0 or higher and COMCTL32.dll v6.0 or higher are loaded into BA process; and also test wheter my other tool appears correctly in your system MPA.

2. I have been testing BA only on  my own local server which doesn't get many players from the internet, so no wander that country assigning problems may occur. I see what i can do about it...

PS i'd be glad if someone gave me access to his internet server to test BA ;>
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 08:22:32 am by VirtualTT »