Author Topic: Baka Admin + SolTV v0.8.8 ~ A comfortable admin client.  (Read 78244 times)

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
Re: Baka Admin v0.6.4b (with source) - A comfortable admin client.
« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2010, 04:15:09 pm »
Where can I find the current source?
There are other worlds than these

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2010, 12:39:14 am »
Well, the source code for 0.6.4 that i released some time ago i is completely outdated so i decided to remove it. The source for v0.6.5 on which i'm working now is not available since nobody wants to participate in development anyhow. I think focusing on improving BA itself is more important than on providing proper documentation which nobody gonna use... So unless someone really willing to help i'm going to keep working on the source code alone. So probably no source code will be available until next version is released.

btw aside from general programming i would appreciate help with following:
  • Installer
    I've tried building it using NSIS, Inno and Windows installer but always getting stuck when it comes to details, such as providing options for portable/normal installation, different exe and lib versions for different oS and such stuff. I was even thinking about writing my own install system  :'(
  • Help file
    I'm kinda lazy to write a help file, also english is not my native language so my explanations and overall style aren't that good.
  • Proper icons set for players list.
    Right now it's using 16x16 icons which aren't scaled if system is working in high DPI mode, so BA needs a whole new set of players list icons with 4 resolutions: 32x32, 24x24, 20x20, 16x16.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #82 on: June 24, 2010, 02:28:03 am »
btw aside from general programming i would appreciate help with following:
  • Installer
    I've tried building it using NSIS, Inno and Windows installer but always getting stuck when it comes to details, such as providing options for portable/normal installation, different exe and lib versions for different oS and such stuff. I was even thinking about writing my own install system  :'(
  • Help file
    I'm kinda lazy to write a help file, also english is not my native language so my explanations and overall style aren't that good.

I am able to help with these, if you want. Although unfortunately I only have access to XP (home and pro scattered across the handful of machines I manage).

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
« Reply #83 on: June 24, 2010, 03:16:07 am »
ok, here is unfinished help file i've made. It's pretty simple and is using same style as the help files for my other utils. Actually the "help" part is missing, right now it only contains features list and changelog...

Also i've registered Source Forge project. It also needs some setup, i'll try to figure out how to use svn they provide so it would be easier to collaborate.

I'll post some installer requirements/concepts later.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #84 on: June 24, 2010, 07:28:50 am »
ok, here is unfinished help file i've made. It's pretty simple and is using same style as the help files for my other utils. Actually the "help" part is missing, right now it only contains features list and changelog...

Also i've registered Source Forge project. It also needs some setup, i'll try to figure out how to use svn they provide so it would be easier to collaborate.

I'll post some installer requirements/concepts later.

I cleaned up your html a little bit and fixed a few minor grammar errors.

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
Baka Admin for WindowsXP
« Reply #85 on: June 25, 2010, 09:26:41 am »
I cleaned up your html a little bit and fixed a few minor grammar errors.
Well... The only thing left is to write the actual help part, but thanks anyway.

I've managed to implement autocompletion, typing commands now is uber fast  8) :

XP VERSION
I've made some kind of xp version test (based on v0.6.5): it's a bit incomplete, confirmation dialogs are off, but the rest of the stuff probably should work. See the first post for the download link.

To be honest i'm not sure whether it work or not, so I'm waiting for the test results...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 09:28:36 am by VirtualTT »

Offline Boblekonvolutt

• Soldier
  • "YOU are a CAR."
« Reply #86 on: June 25, 2010, 09:49:56 am »
Finally got around to auto completing commands, nice. But still doesn't do /map mapname?

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
« Reply #87 on: June 25, 2010, 10:00:26 am »
Finally got around to auto completing commands, nice. But still doesn't do /map mapname?
What do you mean by "/map mapname"? Do you expect it to insert map names as well?

Offline Boblekonvolutt

• Soldier
  • "YOU are a CAR."
« Reply #88 on: June 25, 2010, 10:02:07 am »
Yes. Took me about 15 mins to implement for myself, so... I don't see why not.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #89 on: June 25, 2010, 10:08:17 am »
XP VERSION
I've made some kind of xp version test (based on v0.6.5): it's a bit incomplete, confirmation dialogs are off, but the rest of the stuff probably should work. See the first post for the download link.

To be honest i'm not sure whether it work or not, so I'm waiting for the test results...

Seems to sorta work. See attached. Moving the window is kinda wobbly though and it didn't maximize smoothly. Nothing ever appears in the players list.

edit: I must admit, I really do love the icon. Loli chicks + AK-74 = awesomeness
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 10:13:55 am by jrgp »

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
« Reply #90 on: June 25, 2010, 10:09:40 am »
And how did you manage to retrieve mapslists from the servers?

Seems to work. See attached. Moving the window is kinda wobbly though and it didn't maximize smoothly.
What version (including build/SP) are you using?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 10:12:47 am by VirtualTT »

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #91 on: June 25, 2010, 10:16:14 am »
And how did you manage to retrieve mapslists from the servers?

eC implemented the file download protocol to optionally let you download the mapslist.txt when I gave him $15 as a motivation donation a year ago (http://enesce.com/donate/#donor-4)

Seems to work. See attached. Moving the window is kinda wobbly though and it didn't maximize smoothly.
What version (including build/SP) are you using?

XP Version you just posted - 0.6.5.0
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 10:18:16 am by jrgp »

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
« Reply #92 on: June 25, 2010, 10:22:06 am »
eC implemented the file download protocol to optionally let you download the mapslist.txt when I gave him $15 as a motivation donation a year ago (http://enesce.com/donate/#donor-4)
well, mapslist not necessary contains all available maps... especially on scripted and gather servers it often contains only some lobby map or just being updated by script...

No, i mean what's the version (including build/SP) of your windows XP?

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #93 on: June 25, 2010, 10:23:43 am »
No, i mean what's the version (including build/SP) of your windows XP?

The machine I'm on now... XP Home - Version 2002 - SP3

Offline dominikkk26

• Camper
    • PMGsite
« Reply #94 on: June 25, 2010, 12:25:20 pm »
VISTA

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
« Reply #95 on: June 25, 2010, 02:05:06 pm »
Seems to sorta work. See attached. Moving the window is kinda wobbly though and it didn't maximize smoothly. Nothing ever appears in the players list.

edit: I must admit, I really do love the icon. Loli chicks + AK-74 = awesomeness
I've already fixed all those moving redraw glitches. Also it turned out that XP doesn't support group view which i used for players list so it appeared empty...
I can fix this too, but result output will be almost the same as arsse... :\

« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 02:10:02 pm by VirtualTT »

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #96 on: June 25, 2010, 02:14:12 pm »
I can fix this too, but result output will be almost the same as arsse... :\

What do you mean?

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
« Reply #97 on: June 25, 2010, 02:22:25 pm »
Under vista/7 BA can use group view for players list - with separate sections for every team with stats in the header. But under XP i can't use that, so players list would look just like in arsse as you can see on my screenshot. (except there is no team column and i didn't implement bg colour variation yet, but that's just small matters) So i'm kinda disappointed...

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
« Reply #98 on: June 25, 2010, 04:00:34 pm »
Minor bug relating to snap to screen edges: http://imagebin.ca/img/rNSJ92.png
It snaps fine when snapping to the bottom left (1 px from left, and 1 from task bar), but when snapping to the bottom right, it is slightly falling of the screen to the right. It appears to be larger than 1 px when snapping to the top as well (5 px to be exact, instead of expected 1; no screenshot for that). It may be a bug relating to my theme, but then again it may not be.

Baka Admin v0.6.5 XP

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
« Reply #99 on: June 26, 2010, 12:37:14 am »
I think it assumes wrong window border width... Need to look at that...

I'm not sure about making different bg colours to indicate different teams, i can implement different font colour for "Team" column or different flags in front of player's names. Or should i stay with arsse-like view?

I'm also planning to add toggle group view button to vista/seven version so player list can be switched to simple list view and all players sorted in any custom order. So this colour concept will apply to it as well.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 03:37:06 pm by VirtualTT »