Author Topic: ctf_UGWar  (Read 1233 times)

Offline ZaxanQ

• Major(1)
ctf_UGWar
« on: February 26, 2010, 03:16:36 pm »
ctf_UGWar
Or meetly "ctf_UnderGroundWar", is a map in under ground climate, which forces players to think and use tactics.
There's a lot of tunnels, which makes big maze. As big quantity of tunnels as there is, can make a bad feel, but it's really easy to find out.
There's also a way to get out of "underground" section, you need m79 and nade to boost character, but I guess it's difficult.
I also tried to fix every polybugs, but dont be suprised if there'll be some.

I hope you'll like it.

Enjoy!

Download in attachment.
PS I apologize for my English >:
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 03:22:33 pm by ZaxanQ »

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
Re: ctf_UGWar
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 03:51:27 pm »
I need a map for this map

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 04:53:55 pm »
I need a map for this map
no kidding. :D
I really doubt it'll make a fun CTF game. Too many routes, too many route intersections, and it's just wayyy too big. A massive 9vs9 CTF match might be fun, but I never seen such a server even exist, not to mention being full.
Also, polycount is very high, which will cause fps drops for some people, not to mention all the polybugs hidden there.

This map might be fun in Rambo, HTF or Hide and Seek because there are many unpredictable ways of moving around the map.

4-team Teammatch will fail because of Yellow & Green spawns. It'll make the underground part of the map rarely used. Add some Yellow/Green spawns to the lower part of the map, scatter them around, or make green team spawn in tunnels and yellow on the roof.

One suggestion on the visuals: Make underground background a little darker. There's not enough contrast between background and the polygons.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 04:56:28 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 02:55:56 pm »
Let's force everyone to play on one server with only one map: this one of course.

If it was waypointed well enough, it might make for some fun 12 vs 12 bot matches.