Author Topic: Last Stand servers - why can't I play as a zombie?  (Read 2583 times)

Offline TradeMAAK

• Soldier
Last Stand servers - why can't I play as a zombie?
« on: January 22, 2010, 02:48:04 pm »
These are some of the most fun mods I have encountered in Soldat. If anyone doesn't still know - last stand INF servers where  you play against zombie waves. Really fun, but why killed characters can not become zombies and respawn in each wave? Thus more people could enjoy the game other than wait in spectators. This seems like something really obvious that should have been implemented but isn't. Anyone knows why?
destroy

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
Re: Last Stand servers - why can't I play as a zombie?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 02:54:27 pm »
Human players are smart.
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline tk

• Soldier
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 03:36:13 pm »
It was discussed before. The main aim of ls round is to beat the current highscore. One of reasons why not to add it is that players who became zombies would fight against their own score.

Offline Norbo

• Camper
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 04:13:47 pm »
join #soldat.eat-this! @ Quakenet and have a chat with us, if you really like the mode

also, like tk` said, figthing as a zombie would be really lame because you would be decreasing your chances of beating the highscore, and/or reaching to a higher wave. Also, rounds dont take so long, so you dont have to wait too long in spectators. Also, not wanting to wait, forces you to play better, eh? :>

Offline TradeMAAK

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 04:49:49 pm »
Maybe make one server with possibility to play as a zombie and another one without this option? Would be much more logical imo, but now you have 2 identical servers. Besides, beating high score is not as fun as playing as a zombie. As much as I play, nobody gives crap about high score.
destroy

Offline the halo fan

• Camper
  • Mustly the heat of battle is just the begining
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 10:15:07 pm »
Also, rounds dont take so long, so you dont have to wait too long in spectators. Also, not wanting to wait, forces you to play better, eh? :>

rounds take a very long time to do especially with some dumb people you play with they hog the server some time and never let people play they just play alone when about 3-5 people want to play! thats why i stop playing that server.

Offline tk

• Soldier
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 03:58:05 am »
Remember that it would completely change the gameplay. Public servers are full of noobs. People would kill themselves just to become zombies. 5/6 of them would become zombies and the last one would do seppuku. That's why most rounds would finish after 5 waves.

rounds take a very long time to do especially with some dumb people you play with they hog the server some time and never let people play they just play alone when about 3-5 people want to play! thats why i stop playing that server.

Unfortunately they are allowed to, unless they don't play/lock the server just to annoy people.
When there are 3 players who reached the 30th wave they won't stop the game because 3 players whine they want to play. And as I noticed people always vote for the next round if doctor dies and others want to play.

I agree that playing as a zombie would be fun however it won't be added in current LS, maybe another version of the mod will be created someday (not sure). I thought about something like LS versus where human and zombie teams will be randomized on beginning of the match.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 04:01:49 am by tk »

Offline Norbo

• Camper
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2010, 09:45:01 am »
That would be fun tk, with different classes for zombies too :D

Offline dnmr

• Camper
  • emotionally handicapped
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2010, 11:27:49 am »
hey, you could add this bot class that makes other bots spawn next to you if you kill it when it's too close to you! And another bot which is very fast :o