Author Topic: Interesting discovery's  (Read 1057 times)

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
Interesting discovery's
« on: January 24, 2010, 10:13:30 am »
While messing with my weapons.ini file, I happened to find out that, reducing the Nades speed, it actually increases it. So, its default is speed=50 but if you make it speed=25 it will throw twice as fast and far. Negative speed results in the nade coming out of your back. Setting the damage to below 1000 will cause it to do no damage. And, this is for all guns, giving it negative damage will heal you. This goes for the M79 aswell, which I thought would kill you even with 0 damage, but it doesn't. Wont kill you, but it will kill others. Negative damage makes it not kill regardless.

I am doing test's right now, and will update the post.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 04:59:17 pm by Shard »

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
Re: Interesting discovery's
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 10:17:42 am »
Direct M79 hit?
Sweet.
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 10:25:58 am »
Yup, direct hit. I'll do more later.

Confirmed, all bullet based weapons(saw too) will not kill at 0 and heal with negative damage. All explosive weapons, except nades, will kill at 0, but all explosive weapons, will not kill and heal at negative damage. Knife and nades don't seem to kill below a certain value, I think maybe 1000-5000? Cba to go through all the values though, and both heal at negative damage.

I hope my research has helped you all.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 10:43:59 am by Shard »

Offline Grimbad

• Soldier
  • Kharn
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 09:35:03 pm »
My guess is that nade speed has to be that way because it works by subtracting speed stat from time you hold the button down to determine the final speed. The longer you hold the button (up to a limit) the farther it goes, so the less it has to subtract, the higher the final result.

Some weapons define a type of bullet, and problems arise if you set it to another type. If I recall, for example, if you set M79 to regular bullet the bullet is invisible. LAWs have problems with the regular type, too. This is unfortunate, because it means that if you want to force the player to lie down or sit to use, say, a heavy machine gun, you have to use huge recoil/bink to do it.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 09:38:55 pm by Grimbad »
!@#$%

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 02:37:36 pm »
My guess is that nade speed has to be that way because it works by subtracting speed stat from time you hold the button down to determine the final speed. The longer you hold the button (up to a limit) the farther it goes, so the less it has to subtract, the higher the final result.

Some weapons define a type of bullet, and problems arise if you set it to another type. If I recall, for example, if you set M79 to regular bullet the bullet is invisible. LAWs have problems with the regular type, too. This is unfortunate, because it means that if you want to force the player to lie down or sit to use, say, a heavy machine gun, you have to use huge recoil/bink to do it.
If you notice, my mod uses the invisible bug for a weapon :D .

Messing around with fists, and found setting fist to explosive weapons kills you, but if you set the nade damage to negative it just boosts you downward. Setting it to flame kills you. Setting it to a bullet does nothing until you punch, then it damages you by the bullet damage. It wont spawn cluster nades. You can spawn knives, which wont hurt you. Also if you set the knife bullet to knife and stab, it spawns more knives which will.