Author Topic: beer  (Read 15889 times)

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
Re: beer
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2010, 08:53:04 am »
Well guys if you like mixing things, try Calimocho (whine + coke) but well I think that noone sells that lol and use cheap whine

and does somebody know Desperados? Is tequila with beer, a really nice combination

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2010, 10:07:05 am »
Why not just get a non-light Amstel?

Cause I can't find the s**t where I live :/
@jrgp: Who the f**k mixes wines with vodkas?

In what s**theap do you currently reside?

In the 17th safest, most stable country in the world.
I did try non light back in Europe though.
b&

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2010, 10:16:22 am »
Whoah, Demonic, you drink Żubrówka? They have it where you live?
Text goes here...

Offline PQ

• Camper
  • Charge!
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2010, 10:29:35 am »
Well guys if you like mixing things, try Calimocho (whine + coke) but well I think that noone sells that lol and use cheap whine

and does somebody know Desperados? Is tequila with beer, a really nice combination
Hahah I always drink Calimucho when I am tired of beer and when the whine tastes like s**t (i.e. when going out)

But hmmm my beer, I like Hoegaarden in the summer. I buy Leffe Triple in the winter once in a while. But they're both too expensive to drink on regular basis.
I am not proud to say that the beer I drink most (the beer they have at the bar I work) is Bavaria  :-X . Absolutely awful beer. (but cheap)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 10:33:28 am by PQ »
#2Wai.soldat @ quakenet.org Soldat's heaven

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
  • That's just a way to break a unity
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2010, 01:32:11 pm »
Vijcht, Smegma...you two have my love for the Arrogant b*****d, Sam Smith, and Dogfish Head (even if it was just the glass).  Some of my own personal favorites.

As a man who loves beer, and who also hasn't frequented forums in a bit and came straight to the beer topic, here goes.

That brew is okay, fan of other beers they make though.

Panzer, when I get a wider selection of beers, perhaps I can try some of the ones you have enjoyed.  Unfortunately, I live in an area of very limited selection.  Can't even get any of the ones I put up images for.  :-\

Chimay Blue is the best in that line!

As far as Dogfish Head goes, I like their IPAs are nice. However, some of their "experiments" are just all over the place and aren't much for me.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2010, 02:40:36 pm »
Guys, care to extend this topic to alcoholic beverages in general?
b&

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2010, 02:48:04 pm »

I vote for no, too broad.

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2010, 03:26:06 pm »

Dude. There's only one country between Poland and Hungary and zubrowka is one of the biggest exported brands from there. DUH.

Offline PANZERCATWAGON

• Camper
  • oh god: blowjobs
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2010, 06:25:45 pm »

I vote for no, too broad.

im not sure if anyone has the ability to see things with their eyes but i posted cider as the first post in this topic

so yeah its for pretty much any alcoholic drink that you are currently interested in/drinking

Offline VijchtiDoodah

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • Stan Yeti Rave?
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2010, 08:53:35 pm »
Why is that Smirnoff bottle filled with brown liquid? And why are you wasting your money on Smirnoff?

also vodka is vodka you cant waste money

You've wasted your money. When your local grocery or liquor store has a sale on Stolichnaya or Ketel One, buy some. You won't pay that much more and you should taste the difference. If not, then you've at least learned that you can't tell the difference between delicious vodka and that mediocre liquid named Smirnoff, so it won't matter what quality you buy in the future (go for the plastic bottles).

"“The ink of the scholar is more sacred than the blood of the martyr”"

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2010, 10:20:05 pm »
Around here, cheap vodkas are known as slave vodka. While I don't mind not always drinking Grey Goose, I do have certain standards. Stolichnaya is definitely drinkable for the price, but I wouldn't go as far as to say "buy whatever".

Also, keep in mind that not all 'top' vodka is really all it's cranked up to be.
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2010, 08:23:58 am »
Around here, cheap vodkas are known as slave vodka. While I don't mind not always drinking Grey Goose, I do have certain standards. Stolichnaya is definitely drinkable for the price, but I wouldn't go as far as to say "buy whatever".

Also, keep in mind that not all 'top' vodka is really all it's cranked up to be.

Good point, I'd rather have a Jack Daniels than a Seagrams 7.
@Panzercat; Could you change the name of the topic?

Well then, aside from beers I enjoy a good koniak, a glass of traditionally brewed Arabic araq Haddad, as mentioned before, favorite whiskey is Jack Daniels.
And I've never forgotten what a good tequila tastes like.
b&

Offline PANZERCATWAGON

• Camper
  • oh god: blowjobs
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2010, 12:41:10 pm »
You've wasted your money. When your local grocery or liquor store has a sale on Stolichnaya or Ketel One, buy some. You won't pay that much more and you should taste the difference. If not, then you've at least learned that you can't tell the difference between delicious vodka and that mediocre liquid named Smirnoff, so it won't matter what quality you buy in the future (go for the plastic bottles).

thats fair enough. i havent had many different brands of vodka so i only know from a small selection. ill have a look into those brands thanks and maybe report back

@Panzercat; Could you change the name of the topic?

no

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2010, 02:25:34 pm »

Dude. There's only one country between Poland and Hungary and zubrowka is one of the biggest exported brands from there. DUH.

Oh, didn't know that until now.
Text goes here...

Offline Neosano

• Camper
  • IIAWAK!
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2010, 02:50:38 pm »
check out my beer

this is a topic about beer

POST YOUR BEER

even though my beer is actually cider
? Linux?
KAWAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIII

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2010, 04:27:55 pm »
msn
@ii

Offline n00bface

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2010, 06:11:41 pm »
Yeah sure, I'll help revive this thread.  My mom got me some pretty kickass ales for my birthday (which is really tomorrow...) 'cos I'm still a year away from being a real American adult with the right to indulge myself.  She also bought me a few books on home-brewing because I've been toying with the idea for a while.  Pineapple cider, woo!

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2010, 09:48:03 pm »
Tremens is pretty tasty.

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2010, 10:06:21 pm »
We home-brewed some dense wine... If beer made you cool, and drinking beer meant you weren't cool: on that scale I'm a not cool person. So I had a glass of this wine tonight and I was noticeably affected. My eyes adjusted slower and my mood was lifted for a bit. First time for me there.

Offline n00bface

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2010, 10:42:59 pm »
I had the Tremens already, and it was fucking great.  BTW Smegma, I got some Gueuze too finally :)  I'm saving it for a superbowl party tomorrow though.  Gonna be all classy and shit while everyone drinks natty ice and pbr