Poll

Should you be able to shot nades?

Yes
Only your nades
Only others nades
No

Author Topic: Bullet + Grenade = Boom  (Read 43234 times)

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
Re: Bullet + Grenade = Boom
« Reply #300 on: December 24, 2008, 11:25:37 pm »
Then the autos would become the ultimate weapon even though the grenades would be pretty nerfed.

Did anyone even realize that your M79/LAW/Flamed Arrows can detonate each other and grenades? It's one thing that make explosive weapons unique.

Offline Platehead

• Flagrunner
  • Platehead
« Reply #301 on: December 25, 2008, 04:57:09 am »
Yeah.. the auto thing may be fixed with the low % explosion rate?  I dunno..
Yes, in pubs I have stopped M79s with my own M79 shell.. fun
"It was pride that changed angels into devils; it is humility that makes men as angels." -- Augustine

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #302 on: December 25, 2008, 11:23:32 am »
No, don't bring random fucking chance into the game! That's the best way to bloody ruin it! By taking all the skill out of the game and hoping that you randomly get a kill by spraying.

As STM1993 said, explosive weapons can make others explode (except clusters, I think), and that's good enough.

Mind you, now that I think about it, the netcode does leave a lot to be desired as far as reducing random things from happening
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline KYnetiK

• Camper
  • Something Else
    • KYnetiK ART
« Reply #303 on: December 25, 2008, 11:33:20 am »
I just hate that if a nade and an m79 shell collide halfway between 2 players, the nader will die because the nade does more self damage than the shell. Ive seen this happen even when the collision is closer to the 79er.

Thats my gripe for the day...
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn’t work that way. So I stole a bike and then asked for forgiveness.

[Barret]  /  [saw]
*Shakes Fist*

Offline adam01526

• Soldier
« Reply #304 on: December 26, 2008, 06:33:44 am »
I think it is a good idea but it should be a selectable option

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #305 on: December 26, 2008, 07:31:31 am »
this is insane suggestion if you ask me, don't you see what this would really do?

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #306 on: December 26, 2008, 04:03:45 pm »
I just hate that if a nade and an m79 shell collide halfway between 2 players, the nader will die because the nade does more self damage than the shell. Ive seen this happen even when the collision is closer to the 79er.

In that situation, like I have said since I started playing and have never ever gotta a straight answer on, why don't we make the M79 have 100% self damage. This would stop the stupid kamikaze rushers and not effect in the slightest people who shoot from far away. Would balance the M79 immensely.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline adam01526

• Soldier
« Reply #307 on: December 27, 2008, 01:01:34 pm »

In that situation, like I have said since I started playing and have never ever gotta a straight answer on, why don't we make the M79 have 100% self damage. This would stop the stupid kamikaze rushers and not effect in the slightest people who shoot from far away. Would balance the M79 immensely.

seconded

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #308 on: December 27, 2008, 05:57:36 pm »
leave it as it is. m79 blows the nades and thats enough for me

f11

Im chill like that

Offline Ellimist

• Major(1)
  • Ingame Nick: dashd-sh1
« Reply #309 on: December 28, 2008, 04:08:06 am »
leave it as it is. m79 blows the nades and thats enough for me

so it should, m79 is being fired while nade is throwin.
m79 has more power, so it wins

Offline Lt. Sprizz

• Major
  • I'm sorry if I offended you.
« Reply #310 on: December 28, 2008, 04:54:36 pm »
At first, I would've said no, but after seeing all your edited stuff and how you show how you could do it, I fully agree you should be able to shoot nades.

Is there anyway you could start the poll over now that he put edited content on? I bet that if they had seen what they see now I'm sure some ppl would vote differently.
"I am Jack's lack of surprise..." ~(Tyler Durden)
-=::SPOILER::=-
Edward Norton and Brad Pitt are the same person...:)
In-game: \Biz|Niz/

Offline Ketchup

• Major(1)
  • "If I can see it, I can kill it."
« Reply #311 on: December 31, 2008, 12:45:02 pm »
F11. The Law and M79 already do the job.
"If I can see it, I can kill it."
-[DO] Lt. Ketchup =S=

Offline Snipufin

• Camper
« Reply #312 on: January 02, 2009, 01:05:57 am »
I like the idea. And if the same would work for knife(not exploding though, just stopping, if you know what I mean). I'd really like to see that in Soldat.
Name:     Snipufin
Position:    Soldier

Offline pavliko

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • >‿‿◕
    • Offical TTW Community
« Reply #313 on: January 02, 2009, 03:48:13 am »
its a great idea but if a player throws a nade and the other player shoots him with m79 or any kind of weapn..( in the grenade) the nade throwing player will die of the +50% damange..
this will only work out if the +50% to selfplayer from a grenade will be back to normal self damage.
The safest thing to do is jumping out of a plane!

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #314 on: January 02, 2009, 05:58:01 am »
f11, soldat will become into an inferno of nades and bomb explosions everywhere which will ruin soldats great gameplay it already currently has.
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline Whitehouse

• Major(1)
  • Flag Protector
« Reply #315 on: January 07, 2009, 06:07:56 pm »
remember reading this thread a few weeks ago and just kinda thinking about it...

so today while playing i missed a berret shot and as a went to escape i got hit by minigun fire, my first instinct was to throw a nade(not really sure why)....

and as i threw it, the nade just kinda flew just a few feet and fell in an awkward rainbow motion to the ground on screen it looked like the minigun spray just kinda pushed it back and it gave me a new idea for this thread...

why not just have nades effected by bullet push so that when they are hit they slow down.... the push could just coincide with the regular bullet push instead of having them blow up when they get shot

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #316 on: January 09, 2009, 10:10:21 pm »
why not just have nades effected by bullet push so that when they are hit they slow down.... the push could just coincide with the regular bullet push instead of having them blow up when they get shot

That's a creative suggestion. However, it won't be a good idea because it's indirectly making the autos stronger than they need to be.

Offline Banksey

• Major
  • Proud smoker of Marlboro Reds
« Reply #317 on: January 10, 2009, 01:49:24 am »
How bout only giving it a like 2 percent chance of happening...

Offline KYnetiK

• Camper
  • Something Else
    • KYnetiK ART
« Reply #318 on: January 10, 2009, 01:59:33 am »
so it should, m79 is being fired while nade is throwin.
m79 has more power, so it wins

Thats just retarded. A grenades effect on living tissue has little to do with the velocity of the grenade on detonation.

The m79 is a grenade launcher.
An m79 and the soldattens arm are both firing the same weapon, they should have the same effect. I dont understand how a small increase in distance relates to a greater amount of explosives.
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn’t work that way. So I stole a bike and then asked for forgiveness.

[Barret]  /  [saw]
*Shakes Fist*

DarkCrusade

« Reply #319 on: January 10, 2009, 02:55:38 am »
I like the idea of pushing the nades with bullets, would be interesting what happens if a guy throws a nade on a nade ;D