Poll

Should you be able to shot nades?

Yes
Only your nades
Only others nades
No

Author Topic: Bullet + Grenade = Boom  (Read 43654 times)

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
  • I came to the world with the barret in my hand
Re: Bullet + Grenade = Boom
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2006, 09:35:12 am »
hm, yeah, not a bad idea either, you can creat a topic with that idea and i'll visit it :D

Offline Atomic Hype

• Major
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2006, 02:56:01 am »
HOW I SHOT NAED?

It would push gameplay to far past the hectic line.
War is Peace; Freedom is Slavery; Ignorance is Strength

Offline Death MachineX350

• Camper
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2006, 07:58:37 pm »
Sounds like a good idea to me. That would be a cool check option.

Offline Dark Jesus

• Soldier
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2006, 08:00:27 pm »
HOW I SHOT NAED?

It would push gameplay to far past the hectic line.

Duhhh
Thats why he mentioned it.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2006, 09:10:12 pm »
ok, now we've we've got 5 ideas to avoid "nade-explode-in-face":

• Time-interval the grenades will only be destroyable after about 1 sec
  • Health the grenades will have got a kind of health (100%)
  • %-risk the grenades will have a %-chance to explode (ex. barret 99%, ruger 30%, etc)
  • Time run down the grenade's time until it explodes runs down and will explode faster
  • Multi-bullets you have to shoot 3 or 4 bullets until it explodes

maybe more ideas? or just vote and comment? keep going ;D
The nade sploding in face problem has two problems with it, while you are shooting you explode your own nade, while someone else is shooting they explode the nade and it explodes on them, even when it would have missed.

time intervals would only solve one half of the problem, the other half is the total gayness of having something explode and boost you to the other end of the map.

Health would not solve the problem, 3-4 hits is nothing to an auto, it can still blow up in their face.

Risk? what? like the grinade does not explode? that is totally rediculous, that does nothing but make the game unpredictable and unresponsive, imagine you had a 30 percent chance of firing your weapon, retarded suggestion.

STILL NOT SOLVING ANYTHING

LAST SUGGESTION IS THE SAME THING AS THE FIRST :O:O

THIS SUGGESTION IS NOT A GOOD WAY TO SOLVE GRINADE BALANCE ISSUES IF A WEAPON IS OVERPOWERED THE ONLY WAY TO MAKE IT BALANCED IS TO TAKE AWAY SOME POWER

and another thing, WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH ALL OF THESE CHECK OPTION BULL SHIT?
a suggestion like this totally alters strategy and gameplay, you can not make it a server side option use logical reasoning for god's sake!
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2006, 03:06:30 am »
hey a-4-year-old, you think i care more about your reply only if you uses CHARACTERS IN UPERCASE?
the most of the problem is that the grenade can explode in yourself's face, avoids with time-interval, health, %-risk, time run down, multi-bullets or something else. that you can make the grenade explode in others face when shooting at them can be a +, 'cause then you maybe need greater skills, i dunno.
any more ideas that can avoid?

Offline kevman

• Major(1)
  • Proud Member of |SSN|
« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2006, 01:29:39 pm »
lol, sounds like a good idea to me, even if it does blow up in your face, people wouldnt be so inclined to nade dump, which is a growing problem
|SSN|Kevman

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2006, 01:35:31 pm »
Whose ever seen Gundam seed, where they shoot at the grenades to deflect it towards the person that threw it......pretty sick

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline Cato269

• Camper
« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2006, 05:49:06 am »
this is a very bad idea. if this was to be implemented in soldat, you could never use nades in a fire fight, you would have to dump em before you even saw the guy, which renders them as a useless green pixel bunch. i can just imagine...im firing my deagles around when i pull a nad-BANG. this is just as bad as close range m79's, which is another problem. So lets say, a m79 shot can't blow up within the first second of firing, in order to get rid of lame close range kills? you wouldn't do that, becuase that would render the weapon even more useless.

doing this would totaly kill the nades, and is not the solution to stop nade dumping.

Offline karmazon

• Major
  • Impossible is a dare.
« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2006, 06:08:15 am »
I think it should be that they explode only if they're hit with a certain weapon(for example only high powered weapons, forget autos and secondaries).
Plan B is don't fail. - Smegma
I hate emotions.

Offline The Red Guy

• Flagrunner
« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2006, 06:33:53 am »
You know..that really makes sense.
Thats a great addition to this idea.

Offline Lunerfox

• Major
  • Lol in the Box.
« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2006, 10:08:00 am »
what if instead of exploding (Which seems to be what people are most worried about), what if the nades simply get deflected off course? it wouldn't be rendered useless, it would just take more thinking in order to throw the nade at a time when nobody can shoot it away.
-[ILOA]-
---
Project Survival: An independent game development project.
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=23390.0

Offline Xenocide

• Major(1)
    • Man's Graveyard
« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2006, 06:10:23 pm »
I don't really like the idea all together, and it's been mentioned before in the past.  Having the Grenade explode when shot with a weapon only gives more people a reason to use Automatics all the time.  Now what Karmazon said, it'd be an alright idea, but this makes automatics look like a weak joke in gameplay.  But in sense it would give Semi-Autos and 1-shot weapons an advantage over the Automatics.  Thus maybe giving people more of a reason to use a weapon that doesn't respond with mostly spray.

How grenades blow up is just fine.  If a grenade is hit by the explosion from another explosive then it blows up.  Since Soldat is only a 2D game, there is only an X and Y axis the grenade can go (of course, common sense).  And grenades really aren't all that small when you look at the current size of the characters, resolution of the game, and everything else.  I could open up my soldat folder and get the specific specs, but i'm a little lazy.  I'm usually optimistic on new ideas and suggestions, but this one just doesn't seem practical.  Also, this gives servers, and games, more information to register in gameplay.  So this could something that could cause more lag and new bugs.  And since the Net-Coding is already a little unstable, I like to be able to play with the least amount of lag possible.
"Never offend people with style when you can offend them with substance."
--Sam Brown

Offline Crimson Goth

• Camper
  • A*|INF|Veteran
« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2006, 08:13:40 pm »
ONLY IN REALISTIC MODE!

Offline Cato269

• Camper
« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2006, 04:21:50 am »
ONLY IN REALISTIC MODE!

what kind of agument is that? in realitic mode, you die after 3 shots anyway. no need for it there.

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2006, 06:57:52 am »
what if instead of exploding (Which seems to be what people are most worried about), what if the nades simply get deflected off course? it wouldn't be rendered useless, it would just take more thinking in order to throw the nade at a time when nobody can shoot it away.

THAT'S WHAT I SAID!

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2006, 09:22:59 am »
well, most of us like it :P
and notice that this will be a check-option, so if you don't like it/don't wanna use it just ignore it.
and i don't think there should be any bugs or lags with it, it's not hard at all to programme, i'm a programmer self.

Offline Cato269

• Camper
« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2006, 07:57:27 pm »
it's not a matter wether people like it or not. it's not going to be added as xenocide siad, creates more hit registration lag. also it would create more winers, and due to the constant explosion of nades due to autos and semi-autos, people would go to the barret and m79. isn't what we are trying to do in soldat is to get people away from those 2 things?

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2006, 08:00:49 pm »
and due to the constant explosion of nades due to autos and semi-autos, people would go to the barret and m79. isn't what we are trying to do in soldat is to get people away from those 2 things?
No, we're in Soldat to have fun, not steer people away from certain weapons.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline Cato269

• Camper
« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2006, 08:52:46 pm »
and due to the constant explosion of nades due to autos and semi-autos, people would go to the barret and m79. isn't what we are trying to do in soldat is to get people away from those 2 things?
No, we're in Soldat to have fun, not steer people away from certain weapons.

then why is there a weapon balance area in this forum? to balance the weapons, to have an even distribution amoung the weapons. if we weren't trying to get people to at least THINK about the other weapons, auto selfbink, barret startup, law startup and knife charge would never have been added. adding nade explodes on bullets would just be havoc to everything we've done so far.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 08:56:06 pm by Cato269 »