Poll

Should you be able to shot nades?

Yes
Only your nades
Only others nades
No

Author Topic: Bullet + Grenade = Boom  (Read 43660 times)

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
Re: Bullet + Grenade = Boom
« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2006, 09:11:16 pm »
and due to the constant explosion of nades due to autos and semi-autos, people would go to the barret and m79. isn't what we are trying to do in soldat is to get people away from those 2 things?
No, we're in Soldat to have fun, not steer people away from certain weapons.

then why is there a weapon balance area in this forum? to balance the weapons, to have an even distribution amoung the weapons. if we weren't trying to get people to at least THINK about the other weapons, auto selfbink, barret startup, law startup and knife charge would never have been added. adding nade explodes on bullets would just be havoc to everything we've done so far.
Well, I believe the weapons are balanced. Go try out every weapon against some bots, you'll see the difference between that and on a server, because of the ping. Obviously, the bots arne't good compared to humans, but because of the 0 ping, every gun does what it was intented to do.

Even if you believe those weapons aren't fair, we're still here, ultimately, to play Soldat and to have fun.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
  • I came to the world with the barret in my hand
« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2006, 09:55:51 am »
Barret is just better if M79-users use it, 'cause M79 is just "BOOM! Dead" meanwhile Barret is "BAM! Holy shit, that guy has got good aiming".

Offline shoes

• Major(1)
  • C'est un vrai français
« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2006, 02:13:20 pm »
your nades would never work. You'd throw the nade a lot of the time at the enemy and try to shoot at him. You'd shoot your own nade.

Other's nades would mean that anyone shooting a minigun would be immune to nades thrown by the guy being shot at by the minigun.

I like the idea though. Nades are a little too strong in my opinion. But maybe a much smaller chance of exploding. like 3% chance of exploding for every "soldat healthbar's" worth of damage it gets hit by. Just so the nades aren't as reliable but not so often enough that spraying at the nade becomes a strategy. That's the thing to avoid.

so in summary:no, except for weapons balance
C'est un vrai français

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
« Reply #83 on: September 17, 2006, 10:11:37 am »
that's the way :P you did explain why in a good way.
open for more comments and votes ;D

Offline Peu

• Soldier
« Reply #84 on: September 17, 2006, 01:08:53 pm »
First and foremost, I ask humbly that as people give their opinions, they give at least the most basic reasoning behind it. You're not going to convince me by saying, "no, that would suck because its stupid". In fact, you're going to sound like an idiot.

First, yes, it should be a server side option as the server can then set time delay until bullets blow up nades. If you observe a game, players running somewhere will stop if they see a nade, wait for it to explode, then carry on. Probability of explosion can be a function of time left until nade explodes, so that the longer the nade is out, the more probable it is to blow it up. Time delay will prevent a spray from blwing up in someone's face, unless server wants it, in such a way that if you throw a nade, it takes say, 1 second for it to be prone to explosion from bullets.

and yes, ping would suck.

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
« Reply #85 on: September 22, 2006, 08:21:50 am »
keep comment :P
or may i close the poll? seems that many here in SoldatForums has voited.

Offline Tybs

• Major
  • Slide away!
« Reply #86 on: September 23, 2006, 11:41:14 am »
IMO, the idea of having a set chance of explosion would be fine. Maybe something like this...

Weapon that hits nade                Explosion chance (%)
01. Eagles                                        7.14
02. Mp5                                           1.67
03. AK74                                          1.25
04. Steyr                                         1.67
05. Spas 12                                      1.02 (for each seperate BULLET, not shot)
06. Ruger                                         6.25
07. M79                                        100.00
08. Barret                                     100.00
09. Minimi                                         4.16
10. Minigun                                       2.50
11. Socom                                        2.08
12. Knife                                           0.00
13. Chainsaw                                    0.00 (maybe should deflect the nade though, give the saw some love... :D)
14. Law                                        100.00
15. Flamer                                        0.50
16. Arrow                                         0.00
17. Flame arrow                                 no idea :(

The main idea behind these numbers is that most weapons should be able to kill one grenade in two clips, if they hit the grenade with each bullet. But a few numbers got tweaked because of weapon accuracy and/or reload time, etc... for example, having a 0.50% chance for the minigun would not be nice, and 12.50% chance for the ruger is a bit too much IMO  :D

Offline Cato269

• Camper
« Reply #87 on: September 23, 2006, 08:41:26 pm »
not a bad chart, but why does the deagles have a higher chance of blowing up a nade than the ruger? deagle's have a larger clip, a faster rate of fire and a larger chance to hit the nade normaly, due to firing two shots.

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
« Reply #88 on: September 24, 2006, 02:40:13 am »
yeah, not bad, Tybs :D
i'll copy it into main-message.
but i'll also change place with Eagles and Ruger, if it's OK with you :P

Offline Tybs

• Major
  • Slide away!
« Reply #89 on: September 24, 2006, 05:21:42 am »
Oops, forgot to edit eagles... that should have been halved once more  :-[. Bah, i cant do anything without making at least one mistake.  :(

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
« Reply #90 on: September 25, 2006, 09:15:38 am »
oh ok, then i'll fix it ;)

ArmedManiac

« Reply #91 on: September 26, 2006, 03:54:51 pm »
cept minigun .000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000001
also, spray guns, like mp5, ur nade is ineffective hunk of exploding pointless metal of nothingness

Offline Cato269

• Camper
« Reply #92 on: September 26, 2006, 08:41:17 pm »
You fail to read the chart.

Offline MEX 2

• Major(1)
  • Me like MGS2
    • myzors a websiterrrrrrr
« Reply #93 on: September 27, 2006, 06:26:37 pm »
yes do it, it will rulezor!and also don't make a "chance"in real life when a nade gets hit its boom not hit, damn,hit, damn it!so um...make real mode go boom with anyguhn but in normal make it so it takes a while 2 blow from a guhn get that?
http://mex3.proboards74.com is MY site NOT yurs u kan join it though.                  ^_^ JOIN US ^_^

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
« Reply #94 on: September 28, 2006, 07:11:14 am »
at all it's a good point :P
any more suggestions?

ArmedManiac

« Reply #95 on: September 28, 2006, 05:58:48 pm »
no cuz well, no. too many unintended nade explosions. if i throw a nade at a guy and i want it to kill or hurt or stall him, i want it too. i dont want a nade randomly blowig up in my face and killing me. it just wouldnt be cool. i think people would get very mad and there would be too much "luck shot on my nade, thats y u scored", a lot of skill would be gone. also, would m79 blow up too. it IS just a grenade launcher

Date Posted: September 28, 2006, 06:57:03 PM
also, then pretty soon were gonna get bullets colliding in midair or knifes deflecting bullets or something

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
« Reply #96 on: September 29, 2006, 03:37:16 pm »
i see your point, but i think we've solve that. hasn't we? :P

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #97 on: September 29, 2006, 03:40:32 pm »
also, then pretty soon were gonna get bullets colliding in midair or knifes deflecting bullets or something

Sounds like that dual-wield trick for deflecting a Plasma Pistol overcharge in Halo 2. :P
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline Axel

• Soldier
  • =AC.= Axel// Assasin Corps Lieutenant
    • Assassin Corps
« Reply #98 on: September 29, 2006, 03:49:26 pm »
oh blah, bullets coliding is stupid, but i like this idea. the chart is kinda bad though. boost up everything atleast 10-60%, other wise, with something like the deagles, youd still have to shoot it up to 14 times without having it explode. kinda kills the actual exploding nades idea. instead, base it off the calliber of the bullet. mp5 an minigun would have a low chance of getting it, but shotgun, ruger, ak, ect would be able to get them, adding a counter to those of us who are uber good with nades that only a real pro could use. mp5 would have to emty, say, 10 rounds into it, cuz youd have to be atleast medium range from it and it should take most of a clip. that way it is possible for nuubs to use the feature, but uber killer botlike peaple could own everyone even more if they actually deserve it.(hitting a flying grenade with a ruger or deagles takes SKILL).

Without ignorance there is no true happiness.

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
« Reply #99 on: September 29, 2006, 04:15:11 pm »
yeah, that's my point with this :P
to able this skilled players should throw up a grenade and shot it so it explode just for fun, show their skills and/or maybe make it explode in the time you want it (but that should be really, really hard).