Poll

Should you be able to shot nades?

Yes
Only your nades
Only others nades
No

Author Topic: Bullet + Grenade = Boom  (Read 43681 times)

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
Re: Bullet + Grenade = Boom
« Reply #220 on: December 10, 2006, 10:10:44 am »
by ^^he, the arrows were supposed to mean i was addressing padishar, the pronoun he was a reference to you.  You said it would be a check option, so proposing making it a realistic only feature is pointless, you can check it in your realistic games or not.
Without originality society is doomed.
If you are tired of seeing the same lines in every signature, don't put this in your signature

\\\**I love DM**///

Offline y0da

• Soldier
  • :: Chaos Hunters ::
    • [cH] Soldat Clan
« Reply #221 on: December 10, 2006, 06:40:18 pm »
Hm, i Voted yes, But now i'm thinking that i'Ve made a mistake. It would Be a powerful weapon for sprayors, but also the fire Could Be aimed at the thrower. It's hard to tell.

Offline Commander Kitsune

• Soldier
  • Kits
« Reply #222 on: December 10, 2006, 06:43:41 pm »
Hm, i Voted yes, But now i'm thinking that i'Ve made a mistake. It would Be a powerful weapon for sprayors, but also the fire Could Be aimed at the thrower. It's hard to tell.

And it'd be a powerful weapon for anti nade spammers. It balances out.

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
  • I came to the world with the barret in my hand
« Reply #223 on: December 11, 2006, 09:52:39 am »

if you read the main message you can see we've got some ideas to avoid this.

popsofctown: ok thanks.

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #224 on: December 11, 2006, 11:16:20 am »
argh .. your idea is hard to imagine ...
I voted 'no' because it will make nades a "bit" different weapon - more tactics :P
Maybe only in realistic mode?

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
« Reply #225 on: December 12, 2006, 09:09:59 am »
AAAGGGHH!! What do you people not understand about a check-option!! If you want it in your realistic games only, check it only in your realistic game!!!
If you are tired of seeing the same lines in every signature, don't put this in your signature

\\\**I love DM**///

Offline Tribersman-FR

• Major
  • I'm your worst nightmare !!
« Reply #226 on: December 13, 2006, 05:38:33 pm »
I Vote no
because I was thinking about something else .... don't do that for the normal Nade !

but for the Cluster One.
if it's on a rare nade there will have far less problem with it.

after there other question like : The nade made a Big explosion or plit up in Air
but it's not a real suggestion

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
« Reply #227 on: December 18, 2006, 02:22:15 pm »
lol i feel like popsofctown :P

Offline ElGato

• Camper
« Reply #228 on: December 18, 2006, 04:27:35 pm »
did you read all the main message? :P
well, please do it if you didn't. if you havn't get the information you searched for then ask me again. ;)

Sorry for the long response but yes I did read it and nothing was answered, so for convenience I will re-post it for someone to answer.

If it affected your own nades only... what purpose could this server? Possibly a slightly quicker nade boost? It just seems impractical either way but I'll see what you guys have to say before I vote Yay or Nay.

[fist] Black Powa

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
« Reply #229 on: December 18, 2006, 05:25:00 pm »
after deep consideration, ive changed my mind about this idea.  i think its respectable and worthy of being a check-option, though itd be one i wouldn't check.

Shooting own clusters should come standard, though.  Shooting own clusters would become a cool part of gameplay if the clusters splash damage was upped a WHOLE lot, as i think it should be (its a power-up!).  And new molotov cocktails to throw up in the air and shoot, too, would pwn.

\\\**I love DM**///

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
« Reply #230 on: December 21, 2006, 06:04:27 am »
i'm glad to see you change, popsofctown ;D
ElGato: well, i think this is a fun thing and could make the nading a little but lower. i don't know if you think it's a + or a -, but i shouldn't post an idea that i doesn't like. :P  um... can someone help me explain?

Offline Torren

• Major(1)
  • Soldatname: Cap'n Faceplant!, Torren12, or Shemp
    • MySpace
« Reply #231 on: December 30, 2006, 09:38:45 pm »
Sounds good to me.
Before you ask, NO, I'm not okay.
98% of teenagers drink or have been around alcohol.  Put this in your profile if you like bagels.
AMAZING Soldat maps and videos!
[Alphaguy] [Bravoguy]

Offline Wolf_Man

• Camper
  • I'm everything you're not watching.
« Reply #232 on: December 30, 2006, 11:56:22 pm »
Just think of all the new possibilities if this happened!
he has eyebrows of authority + 5. Are you kidding?

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
« Reply #233 on: December 31, 2006, 05:23:31 am »
all the new? :P
i did email Michal some weeks ago about this idea, but havn't get an reply about that so i think i'll do it again...

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #234 on: December 31, 2006, 09:53:17 am »
Michal would have noticed this, because there is a large amount of replies to it.
I think this idea is better suited for the cluster nade, and the clusters flying out at the direction where the bullet came from.

Offline Lance Corporal

• Major
  • EAT PLASMA
« Reply #235 on: January 03, 2007, 01:04:01 am »
ah now i see why so many people are against it.

its the same reason majors dont want to give up m79, sorry, but it is.

you people are afriad when this happens, youll get slaughtered all the time.

i assure you its impossible for someone to continually hit nades unless they are using an aimbot, it would be a shear coincidence, and aimbots with this would be VERY VERY obvious, the guy would get kicked instantly.

but also, i think this would only be a cool rare thing, that you may talk about in the accomplishment section when this happens.

it technically wouldnt be realistic for it to explode, for the same reason you cant blow up a fuel barrel or a gas tank on a car with a gun:

bullets impacting metal do not make sparks, thats a myth.

what would be realistic is for it to merely disarm the grenade, an idea i would be equally supportive of.

the reason that alot of big explosions happen with violence aimed towards fuel and munitions in movies that is actually realistic, is the lit cigarettes (and thats pushing it) and explosive rounds, like tank shells, or gattling guns (not miniguns, those are conventional bullets, and chainguns dont exist except in museams, those also use normal bullets)
Fate is one's way of being a pansy and not being able to take the blame for their own actions, or making excuses not to make the effort to better themselves.

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
« Reply #236 on: January 03, 2007, 12:24:13 pm »
um...sorry, maybe there are an error at my computer, but did you just say that it's many people against this idea? right now it looks like it's 81 more Soldat players which want this idea to hapend than wont. :P

Offline papercut

• Camper
  • Soldat ingame name = 40oz Casualtie
« Reply #237 on: January 03, 2007, 04:18:19 pm »
only problem i see is that throwing grenades would be very dangerous to yourself if your getting shot by autos.
<The SoldatForums Applauder>
"I use the Spreyr AUG. :)"

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #238 on: January 03, 2007, 05:44:28 pm »

its the same reason majors dont want to give up m79, sorry, but it is.

you people are afriad when this happens, youll get slaughtered all the time.

Actually, we prefer to win from skill, rather than chance. How about we also make the guns fire in random directions when you shoot? That'd be really COOL. Or how about if every time you land, you have a 1/10 chance of breaking a leg? omgKOOLman. Seriously, cmon. I don't care what percentage you put for the weapons, having a 'chance' of detonating a nade by shooting it means half your enemy encounters will be based even more on luck than they are already, which is from lag/bad hit detection. Not cool.

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
« Reply #239 on: January 04, 2007, 08:15:20 pm »
Actually, we prefer to win from skill, rather than chance. How about we also make the guns fire in random directions when you shoot? That'd be really COOL. Or how about if every time you land, you have a 1/10 chance of breaking a leg? omgKOOLman. Seriously, cmon. I don't care what percentage you put for the weapons, having a 'chance' of detonating a nade by shooting it means half your enemy encounters will be based even more on luck than they are already, which is from lag/bad hit detection. Not cool.

You are talking as if this would become a mandatory part of every server.  it's a check option.  if you don't like the randomness, you can un-check it.  If you have to suffer on every server because everyone except you likes it, well... sometimes the minority suffers for the majority.

(somewhat off-topic):
Also, if you hate luck, you ought to oppose the bink system.  Binked barretts have a random chance of hitting (and killing) you.  I'm not making a sarcastic example, i personally think the barretts should lock up rather than having a 50/50 chance of success.  In your words:

How about we also make the guns fire in random directions when you shoot? That'd be really COOL.

\\\**I love DM**///