Poll

Should you be able to shot nades?

Yes
Only your nades
Only others nades
No

Author Topic: Bullet + Grenade = Boom  (Read 43680 times)

Offline Zamorak

• Camper
Re: Bullet + Grenade = Boom
« Reply #240 on: January 05, 2007, 09:32:57 pm »
Actually, we prefer to win from skill, rather than chance. How about we also make the guns fire in random directions when you shoot? That'd be really COOL. Or how about if every time you land, you have a 1/10 chance of breaking a leg? omgKOOLman. Seriously, cmon. I don't care what percentage you put for the weapons, having a 'chance' of detonating a nade by shooting it means half your enemy encounters will be based even more on luck than they are already, which is from lag/bad hit detection. Not cool.

You are talking as if this would become a mandatory part of every server.  it's a check option.  if you don't like the randomness, you can un-check it.  If you have to suffer on every server because everyone except you likes it, well... sometimes the minority suffers for the majority.

(somewhat off-topic):
Also, if you hate luck, you ought to oppose the bink system.  Binked barretts have a random chance of hitting (and killing) you.  I'm not making a sarcastic example, i personally think the barretts should lock up rather than having a 50/50 chance of success.  In your words:

How about we also make the guns fire in random directions when you shoot? That'd be really COOL.

With all due respect, he was referring to too MUCH luck, not the existence of.
ZamoraK |2Wai|

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
« Reply #241 on: January 05, 2007, 09:44:21 pm »
can you elaborate?
Without originality society is doomed.
If you are tired of seeing the same lines in every signature, don't put this in your signature

\\\**I love DM**///

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #242 on: January 06, 2007, 11:49:35 am »
Vis was trying to show how luck could affect the game negatively.

I think this is a good idea, however. The grenades exploding should be based on the weapon you are using.

100% for explosives
20-50% for sprayers
70% for barretts/rugers...

Vis, Real war has a degree of randomness in it. if you shoot at a grenade in real life, there is a chance that the bullet nicks the case while missing the explosive. We don't need to make the game entirely random to give it a small degree of luck.
And besides, you could always wait for it to explode...

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
« Reply #243 on: January 06, 2007, 01:43:07 pm »
and its a check option.
If you are tired of seeing the same lines in every signature, don't put this in your signature

\\\**I love DM**///

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #244 on: January 06, 2007, 10:15:29 pm »
Too many check options mean people have no idea how a server is going to play, until they find out for themselves, unless there's some sort of display screen telling you what's enabled and what's not when you enter the server. Not only that, but many people only play in servers with specific settings enabled, so adding lots of check options is only going to break up the community more.

(somewhat off-topic):
Also, if you hate luck, you ought to oppose the bink system.  Binked barretts have a random chance of hitting (and killing) you.  I'm not making a sarcastic example, i personally think the barretts should lock up rather than having a 50/50 chance of success.

No, because you can CHOOSE when to fire the barret. If you're getting seriously binked, you can either be stupid and fire a random shot at your enemy, or you can take cover and wait for a better opportunity. You don't take cover before throwing a nade (unless it's totally convenient), you just lob it at them. You can't control your opponent's fire, and therefore have absolutely no control over nades blowing up in your face.

If you have to suffer on every server because everyone except you likes it, well... sometimes the minority suffers for the majority.

This may sound a tad presumptious, but I wonder how many people who like this idea would change their minds if they actually experienced it.

Vis, Real war has a degree of randomness in it.

Sorry, I'm not going to read the rest of that paragraph. ::)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 10:20:03 pm by -Vis- »

Offline Tybs

• Major
  • Slide away!
« Reply #245 on: January 07, 2007, 10:48:09 am »
This may sound a tad presumptious, but I wonder how many people who like this idea would change their minds if they actually experienced it.

So do i... lets find out :D

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
« Reply #246 on: January 07, 2007, 03:37:20 pm »

No, because you can CHOOSE when to fire the barret. If you're getting seriously binked, you can either be stupid and fire a random shot at your enemy, or you can take cover and wait for a better opportunity.

That doesn't make any sense.  if an mp5 is shooting at you, and theres no place that you can duck for cover (which is usually the situation), you can either shoot at him, or hold your fire until you die.  Most people will take the shot.  It's a no-brainer.  You take the shot, and you have a % chance of killing the mp5er and saving your own skin, demonstrating how luck factors in to soldat.

Why don't you duck for cover and wait until someone is reloading before you nade them?

that's the beauty of democracy. if most everyone hates it, then most everyone will not check it, and you won't have to suffer.

\\\**I love DM**///

Offline eisenhower

• Major(1)
    • CSRT
« Reply #247 on: January 08, 2007, 08:18:32 am »
yes! this is so cool, very realistic.

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
  • I came to the world with the barret in my hand
« Reply #248 on: January 08, 2007, 09:08:06 am »
thank you guys, i'm sorry i havn't reply at some days, have been too busy.

i chatted with Michal some days ago. he thinks this is a cool idea, but that it wont be in this version (1.3.2) :(

Offline PK Indrek

• Major(1)
« Reply #249 on: January 08, 2007, 10:24:13 am »
I like the idea. Then you can train accuary by throwing a grenade and shooting it with barret ;D

Offline Tybs

• Major
  • Slide away!
« Reply #250 on: January 08, 2007, 12:00:16 pm »
Or play a little game with a friend... both toss up a grenade, and try to make it explode before it lands back on ur head :D

Offline ElGato

• Camper
« Reply #251 on: January 08, 2007, 04:48:00 pm »
you people are afraid when this happens, you'll get slaughtered all the time.

i assure you its impossible for someone to continually hit nades unless they are using an aimbot, it would be a shear coincidence, and aimbots with this would be VERY VERY obvious, the guy would get kicked instantly.

No, it most certainly isn't. From playing with the best NA players and some of the best Euro players I can easily tell you hitting a nade, especially with an auto, would be very easy.

As for the chance to detonate and the barret bink example... the barret needs the chance to bink. It's too easy of a gun to not have the bink factor where as the nades are pretty much fine as is. They are also too big of a factor in the game to have them based on chance unlike the barret. If you are using a barret and getting binked by autos, switch guns. There is nothing you can do about the nades and it would alter the gameplay a lot. That would lead to, I can imagine, a lot of coding and little use out of the option.
[fist] Black Powa

Offline 1010011010

• Soldier
« Reply #252 on: January 08, 2007, 05:06:10 pm »
Guys, you can't make a luck formula for the game, seeing as the game is not about luck. If it should be put into the game, God forbid, the bullet needs to hit the grenade dead on for an explosion. This wouldn't cause the grenade to explode, anyway, seeing as fragmentation grenades do not explode on contact or penetration in almost any case.

Offline Fitzpatrick

• Major
« Reply #253 on: January 08, 2007, 06:53:34 pm »
I like the idea of being able to shoot at grenade and make it explode.
I personally don't like the Time-Interval idea, because it sort of ruins the point of shooting the grenades.
The probability idea seems best to me. It is realistic & seems fair.

Just an idea though, if one grenade goes off and another grenade is right beside it. Would it set the other grenade off?
Hopefully it would, because that would seem more realistic.
Fitzpatrick

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
« Reply #254 on: January 08, 2007, 06:57:48 pm »
I like the idea of being able to shoot at grenade and make it explode.
I personally don't like the Time-Interval idea, because it sort of ruins the point of shooting the grenades.
The probability idea seems best to me. It is realistic & seems fair.

Just an idea though, if one grenade goes off and another grenade is right beside it. Would it set the other grenade off?
Hopefully it would, because that would seem more realistic.

yes

\\\**I love DM**///

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
« Reply #255 on: January 31, 2007, 11:55:18 am »
sorry, havn't got time to check soldatforums 'cause of school-start, etc.
well, alltrought i don't like the time-interval right now either. my favourite is the nade-health, i guess :P

Offline Sytrus

• Flagrunner
  • English Teech0r
    • AtlanticProject
« Reply #256 on: February 01, 2007, 11:03:28 pm »
I like the idea a lot, just not this:

Multi-bullets you have to shoot 3 or 4 bullets until it explodes

This is too much. One bullet would be enough I think, normally nades aren't long in the air.

Also the chance for the nade to explode is waaaay to low with 4% average. It should be at least 30% or so.

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #257 on: February 02, 2007, 08:34:46 am »
i chatted with Michal some days ago. he thinks this is a cool idea, but that it wont be in this version (1.3.2)

Thank you Michal!
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
« Reply #258 on: February 02, 2007, 10:13:46 am »
i chatted with Michal some days ago. he thinks this is a cool idea, but that it wont be in this version (1.3.2)

Thank you Michal!

do you thank him for it isn't in the coming version (1.3.2) or that it maybe come in next version? ;D

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #259 on: February 02, 2007, 10:28:19 am »
do you thank him for it isn't in the coming version (1.3.2) or that it maybe come in next version? ;D

There will probably be no more version of Soldat after 1.3.2. [size=0pt]And stop bumping this topic GOD DAMN IT[/size]