Poll

Should you be able to shot nades?

Yes
Only your nades
Only others nades
No

Author Topic: Bullet + Grenade = Boom  (Read 43695 times)

Offline vashthestampede

• Major(1)
Re: Bullet + Grenade = Boom
« Reply #280 on: March 23, 2007, 11:45:21 pm »
give 'nades a damage capacity like players: when totally damaged by weapon fire, boom!

Offline valion

• Soldier
  • you may run, you may hide. but still he comes
« Reply #281 on: March 24, 2007, 05:01:07 am »
hang on. how manny times has this topic been maid???? next up it will be exploding guns again. i only hold with one change for nades, and thats o remove the explode on contact thing, and have it only on a timer (that and getting hurt when it gets thrown at you)
Your signature is too big, please read the rules. Keep it under 4 lines of text.

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
  • I came to the world with the barret in my hand
« Reply #282 on: March 24, 2007, 02:13:07 pm »
I'm pretty sure that i'm the first one in soldatforums who did come with this idea ever.
correct me if i'm wrong...

Offline valion

• Soldier
« Reply #283 on: March 24, 2007, 06:11:13 pm »
you are very wrong. unless youe been restarting this topic every month
Your signature is too big, please read the rules. Keep it under 4 lines of text.

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
« Reply #284 on: March 25, 2007, 02:06:06 am »
You mean that I'm reply to my topic just to hold it up? Then you've misunderstand.
I reply first when someone other reply. It's not my fault that this topic seems to be popular.

Offline Sytrus

• Flagrunner
  • English Teech0r
    • AtlanticProject
« Reply #285 on: March 25, 2007, 05:07:16 am »
You mean that I'm reply to my topic just to hold it up? Then you've misunderstand.
I reply first when someone other reply. It's not my fault that this topic seems to be popular.
Uhm..there are so many grammatical errors......

It should be like this:
You mean that I'm replying to my topic just to hold it up? Then you've misunderstood.
I only reply when someone other replied. It's not my fault that this topic seems to be popular.

Offline valion

• Soldier
« Reply #286 on: March 25, 2007, 05:21:05 am »
thank you for the translation.
this topic is fairly new. the first time i saw this idea was in september. so unless you started it then and have been reopening it every month then its not your idea originaly

also stop with the smiting allready. gods theres no need to take it out on my karma just because i dont agree with 'your' idea.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 05:22:39 am by valion »

Offline Aquarius

• Soldier
« Reply #287 on: March 25, 2007, 06:34:34 am »
It would only increase spraying. Bad idea.

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #288 on: March 25, 2007, 10:00:29 am »
Dislike it - the grenade can be a bit too laggy (and to small) to actual be hit correctly and would juwst cause server-client confusion - but more importantly, I dislike the idea because random bullets then can detonate a grenade.  Rejection.
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
« Reply #289 on: March 25, 2007, 10:26:26 am »
the grenades should only explode if they are on the ground. That would add a tactial factor like in many other games where you can shoot the nades (and atleast bounce them around if not destroy them). I always thought that it would be a good idea to implement this into soldat but shooting the grenade in air just isn't a good idea. I mean in RL you could shoot it on the ground only because if you were shooting it while it was in the air  you wouldn't havbe allot of chance for that

Offline sakae

• Soldier
« Reply #290 on: March 25, 2007, 12:09:50 pm »
it wouldnt explode in your face.. it wouldnt explode at all. even if someone spray hit 5 hits on a nade the chase is still only 15% nades wouldnt ever explode.. also modify the first post about new things ppl dont have time to read all the posts :/

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
« Reply #291 on: April 04, 2007, 06:57:21 am »
Sytrus: thanks, i was tired when i wrote that...
valion: yes, the idea is actually mine. and how the heck can you think that i smited you 'cause you don't agree with my idea? and what says that it was me? if you disagree with this idea i accept that, i'm not a don't-you-dare-disagree person. just don't make a big thing of it, you're one of 286. and if you don't want this topic to "reopen", as you call it, then why are you replying?

Offline Crimson Goth

• Camper
  • A*|INF|Veteran
« Reply #292 on: April 04, 2007, 11:01:26 am »
I think think should only work in realistic mode.

Offline Tybs

• Major
  • Slide away!
« Reply #293 on: April 04, 2007, 03:38:17 pm »
The main problem people give is still that nades would explode in your face... this gives me the impression that a lot of people on the forum just dont take the time to read through the complete idea. Let me quote someone who díd read:
it wouldnt explode in your face.. it wouldnt explode at all. even if someone spray hit 5 hits on a nade the chase is still only 15% nades wouldnt ever explode.. also modify the first post about new things ppl dont have time to read all the posts :/

If chances would get lowered a bit more, this shouldnt be an issue at all. The explosion thing would simply add some extra opportunities for the game where chances of survival suddenly would change. For example:

Major and n00b are fighting each other. Major has 100% health, n00b only has 30% left. Major with knife, n00b with AK. Major thinks: 'Ill make this one easy,' and he throws a grenade while n00b shoots at him. N00b dies.
They meet again, and this time n00b throws a nade. He misses. Major throws back, n00b dies.
They run into each other for the third time. Major doesnt care much anymore, so he throws a nade in order to finish it quickly again. But this time, the grenade explodes due to a bullet hitting it. Major left with 20% health, gets shot by n00b. N00b happy :D

I hope u get the idea here.

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #294 on: April 04, 2007, 03:48:45 pm »
This idea has a good majority (181 yes, 72 no)
"Yes" has a 63.3 percent majority.
I think it is ready to be added to the sticky

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #295 on: April 05, 2007, 07:02:02 pm »
Personally I think it's a bad idea.

In all reality it'd be extremely difficult to shoot a grenade in mid air. And although I'm no expert in this sort of thing.. I'm confident that if you managed to hit one it would only knock it off its trajectory, not blow it up.

What you're proposing sounds alot like a Hollywood-style defiance of the laws of physics.. Similar to one bullet hitting a barrel of gas which would blow it up.

Perhaps if you could shoot them off course (for instance if one is being thrown at you, shooting it would slow it down or change its arc of trajectory in a realistic way i.e not sending it in the other direction like a tennis ball) then I'd be more open minded.

Soldat is a pretty simple game, it's fine the way it is.. don't make it more complicated.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline Banksey

• Major
  • Proud smoker of Marlboro Reds
« Reply #296 on: December 24, 2008, 10:57:20 pm »
I was gonna make a suggestion like this, but I found this. And because it has a poll and whatnot.

Offline Sir Jeremy

• Flagrunner
  • Eurolicous!
« Reply #297 on: December 24, 2008, 11:03:39 pm »
Banksey, notice how this post is like..1 and a half years old..

But, now that I am here, I have to say it's a bad idea, to shoot your nades..I mean, wtf?! SHOOT nades? rofl..

Happy Hanukkah!

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #298 on: December 24, 2008, 11:13:30 pm »
would atleast nerf the nades, but autos would get even better.

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #299 on: December 24, 2008, 11:14:44 pm »
OH NO NOT THIS AGAIN.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

*Runs and hides from the evil thread*

I still say no if it matters.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace