Poll

Should you be able to shot nades?

Yes
Only your nades
Only others nades
No

Author Topic: Bullet + Grenade = Boom  (Read 43687 times)

Offline Axel

• Soldier
  • =AC.= Axel// Assasin Corps Lieutenant
    • Assassin Corps
Re: Bullet + Grenade = Boom
« Reply #100 on: September 29, 2006, 04:18:44 pm »
exaclty. the only problem would be that people that spray with miniguns and mis could explode it, thus it should take them atleast a third of their clip to get a grenade, including missed shots and such. also, this would be hard to work into the game. email the suggestion and our ideas about it to marcowski, so that he can tell us if its any good. the beta testers will only work with the actual stats of the weapons, so we cant ask them for it.

Without ignorance there is no true happiness.

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
  • I came to the world with the barret in my hand
« Reply #101 on: September 29, 2006, 04:24:41 pm »
well, yeah, i'll email MM about this when vote and suggestions and things are ready :P
and an automatic gun has got weaker bullets than a barret, so i don't think that spray-thing should be a big problem at all

Offline Axel

• Soldier
    • Assassin Corps
« Reply #102 on: September 29, 2006, 04:27:12 pm »
agreed, any objections?

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
« Reply #103 on: September 29, 2006, 04:32:18 pm »
not from me :P
glad to see me understood...
*applaud*

ArmedManiac

« Reply #104 on: September 29, 2006, 04:39:47 pm »
i still just dont quite like it. i think itll screw up the game a little with a even more incease in spray, and shotgun would get really really good

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
« Reply #105 on: September 29, 2006, 04:49:54 pm »
if you mean the spas it has never been good. like in one of Zegovia's comics: You'd better carry him in a sunchair :P
spas is more for close-attacks, and i don't think people who is 1 cm from the nade in mid-air faces it and shoot it with a shotgun...

Offline Axel

• Soldier
    • Assassin Corps
« Reply #106 on: September 29, 2006, 05:18:22 pm »
hmm, i see where your coming from, but actual spray wouldnt be effective. itll take alot of bullets from an auto to detonate one, save ak or something, and you have to remember that they'd have to HIT the nade in order for it to explode. spraying isnt too accurate remember, and nades are kinda small. the only effective spray would be at close-semi medium range, and then theyre already fighting you, so it wouldnt really be a problem.

ArmedManiac

« Reply #107 on: September 29, 2006, 06:18:39 pm »
sooooooo, wats the point then, wat ur saying is it wouldnt even matter unless u get lucky wit a ruger, also, would it exploding do stuff to the bullet, cuz that could be potentially bad

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #108 on: September 30, 2006, 12:42:18 am »
The only thing this idea introduces is a huge unpredictability factor concerning nades. It's just not a good thing, no matter how you implement it. There's nothing skillful about throwing a nade up in the air and shooting to blow it up in mid air, when the chances of it doing so are based on exactly that. Chance.

This idea wouldn't be fun, it wouldn't take skill, and it would ruin the game.

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
« Reply #109 on: September 30, 2006, 06:16:59 am »
well, the chance-thing isn't the only idea, you see ;)
i like the health-procent. there is also some more, read them all in main-message or come with an other idea :P
and it would hell no ruin Soldat, in other words make it funnier.

Offline Cato269

• Camper
« Reply #110 on: September 30, 2006, 07:35:00 am »
well, the chance-thing isn't the only idea, you see ;)
i like the health-procent. there is also some more, read them all in main-message or come with an other idea :P
and it would hell no ruin Soldat, in other words make it funnier.

not really. it would make nade throwing a dead sport. have you seen some people? they can get one hit nades EVERY time.

You would kill a race of super people!

Offline Tybs

• Major
  • Slide away!
« Reply #111 on: September 30, 2006, 09:31:50 am »
Imagine someone tossing a knife over the target, quickly throwing a nade, shooting it so it explodes, making the target be thrown into the knife... ;D

ArmedManiac

« Reply #112 on: September 30, 2006, 09:32:37 am »
lol, and no one answered my questions, and thats my point, thank u for pointing that out *finally* cato and vis

Offline relove02

• Major(1)
  • 4kiLL | kyuuu
    • 4kiLL website.
« Reply #113 on: September 30, 2006, 11:19:12 am »
Pretty good idea.
I support it.

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
« Reply #114 on: September 30, 2006, 03:42:52 pm »
Cato269: yes, i've seen people. and only a few can hit a nade meanwhile the others can't either hit a poly...
Tybs: yeah, that's one nice trick you can do with this :D skilled people'll love it ;D
ArmedManiac: i'm sorry if i missunderstood you :P have you got your questions answered? if not, feel free to ask.

ArmedManiac

« Reply #115 on: October 03, 2006, 03:58:14 pm »
hmm, i see where your coming from, but actual spray wouldnt be effective. itll take alot of bullets from an auto to detonate one, save ak or something, and you have to remember that they'd have to HIT the nade in order for it to explode. spraying isnt too accurate remember, and nades are kinda small. the only effective spray would be at close-semi medium range, and then theyre already fighting you, so it wouldnt really be a problem.
I believe the thats the correct quote, anyway, so wat would be the point if ur never gonna kill the nade.

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #116 on: October 03, 2006, 04:06:08 pm »
What I don't get is, why the hell would you shoot at a nade, when you could get much more done by shooting the enemy you're trying to kill by shooting the nade? I mean, if you're trying to detonate a nade to kill someone with it, why not just shoot that someone instead? Bigger target, and easier to accomplish. Nobody in their right mind is going to waste their time and bullets on shooting a nade when there's a good chance that nothing will come of it.

Offline Axel

• Soldier
    • Assassin Corps
« Reply #117 on: October 03, 2006, 05:11:46 pm »
grrrrr, i was making a huge post yesterday when my internet completely died, and now i have to use the home copmuter(couldnt copy paste either). anywho, what i mean is, say for instance you r fighting an enemy. he throws a nade, it misses, but it lands directly beneath you an your in the air and out of jet. you could throw another nade, but this would give you a chance of detonating the nade (with bullets) before you hit it, allowing you to survive, if you also avoid the thrower. i see something like an mp5 user in this situation, and they can just unload onto it till it explodes, but they could still die from the boom or from the enemies bullets. this was gonna be posted 2 posts ago, but like i said, no copy pasting and it had died, so some of the ideas in the origonal post dont fit in as well. anywho, thats what this would add. those pros, if they really are a super race, would be able to throw a nade and detonate it strategically so that they send 1 or 2 people flying, disoriented, while he finishes them off. the real thing is, the idea has some good implementation possiblities, it could add something to the game, and to vis, people wouldnt waste their time and bullets on grenades only if it isnt worth it. this idea would only add something to the game, giving it an extra demension that you could use. Why do we have the throwable nife, for example, if we have something like the chainsaw? if mm or someone could get a beta and set up a testing server, youll see that that is exactly what it does. you dont necessarily need to use it, but someone else could if it struck them in the right light, an you have to take everyone that this would effect into consideration too. so there, gimme a retort!

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #118 on: October 03, 2006, 07:54:55 pm »
Ok first of all, if someone threw a nade beneath me, I'd move left or right to avoid it. If it was in a narrow tunnel, I'd stick to the wall to slow my fall and regain enough jet to go up.

Like I said, shooting at a nade isn't ever going to be worth it, when you could just shoot your opponents instead, and this especially applies to the probability factor.

Why do we have a throwable knife? Hmm lets see... if we couldn't throw it, it would be useless. Plus, it's a very effective weapon. That's got nothing to do with anything right now.

Why do we have the chainsaw? Because it's cool, and it adds variety, neither of which are true for this idea.

When you say "we don't necessarily need to use it", the problem is, it's there whether we want it or not. We can't just turn it on and off mid-game if we don't feel like using it.

Now, the part I missed about "pros being able to throw a nade and detonate it strategically so that they send 1 or 2 people flying.....". Those same pros could simply kill their opponents by THROWING A NADE AT THEIR OPPONENT AND KILLING HIM WITH IT. If they miss, they're going to shoot at the PERSON, not the NADE, because it would be MUCH EASIER.

Offline Tybs

• Major
  • Slide away!
« Reply #119 on: October 04, 2006, 04:02:22 pm »
Ever thought of the fact that u dont have nades all the time? My supply often is done for after killing a bunch of enemies, and it would not hurt (actually, it would :)) if i could destroy someone else his nade with bullets.

U will have different ways of playing with this. Summarized:
1. People will accurately shoot the enemy (like most do now);
2. People will shoot nades and/or enemy, depending on the situation;
3. People will accurately shoot the nades.

Number 1 already happens now. With number 2, people might shoot the nade instead of the enemy, hoping to bink/kill him easily (for example with a crouching/prone sniper, hiding behind a crate). Number 3 will probably mostly happen with people who have low hp... they run into a full-health enemy and have a low chance of killing him. With some luck, this guy will throw a nade, which u will hit, causing it to detonate. Enemy will be killed or thrown away, having a moment of confusion, allowing u to finish him off. I think people will become more careful with nade spamming this way.

And i would just love this in realistic, maybe combined with survival... imagine blowing up someone his nade, making him collapse into a wall ;D