Poll

Should you be able to shot nades?

Yes
Only your nades
Only others nades
No

Author Topic: Bullet + Grenade = Boom  (Read 43678 times)

ArmedManiac

Re: Bullet + Grenade = Boom
« Reply #120 on: October 04, 2006, 05:17:39 pm »
I say we SHOULD add this ONLY IF u can filter it and it is only optional. Would that be a good compromise?

Offline Axel

• Soldier
  • =AC.= Axel// Assasin Corps Lieutenant
    • Assassin Corps
« Reply #121 on: October 04, 2006, 09:11:05 pm »
Ever thought of the fact that u dont have nades all the time? My supply often is done for after killing a bunch of enemies, and it would not hurt (actually, it would :)) if i could destroy someone else his nade with bullets.

U will have different ways of playing with this. Summarized:
1. People will accurately shoot the enemy (like most do now);
2. People will shoot nades and/or enemy, depending on the situation;
3. People will accurately shoot the nades.

Number 1 already happens now. With number 2, people might shoot the nade instead of the enemy, hoping to bink/kill him easily (for example with a crouching/prone sniper, hiding behind a crate). Number 3 will probably mostly happen with people who have low hp... they run into a full-health enemy and have a low chance of killing him. With some luck, this guy will throw a nade, which u will hit, causing it to detonate. Enemy will be killed or thrown away, having a moment of confusion, allowing u to finish him off. I think people will become more careful with nade spamming this way.

And i would just love this in realistic, maybe combined with survival... imagine blowing up someone his nade, making him collapse into a wall ;D

OMG I LUV YOU. dear vis, firstly, i was meaning that you can choose not to use it as in just not shoot it, like how you could just decide not to use a freaking auto, or m79, or barret, or anything ELSE IN THE GAME for that matter. iv already said this, but you need to say why we SHOULDNT do it, because just because we dont need it isnt correct. you cant speak for all soldat fans when you say that it isnt necessary and wouldnt be worth anything. just like tybs said, it would effect it in 1 of those 3 ways. it wont kill the game, itll only make "people will become more careful with nade spamming this way.". its like saying that we dont need the mp5 or steyr cuz we have an ak, so why add the extra dimension or choice? secondly, i was comparing how similar the knife and chainsaw were. the knife is a close quarters 1 hit kill, and why would we have it since we have a chainsaw? HEY! I HAVE AN IDEA! WHAT IF YOU COULD THROW THE CHAINSAW!!!! THAT WOULD BE KOOL!!! (oh, yes, quite agreed, yes, murmer murmur) I KNOW!!! WELL ADD IN A THROWING KNIFE!!!! (oh yes, i concur, aggreed, yes, mmhmm, i like it, oh yes, murmur murmur)ITLL BE LIKE A THROWABLE CHAINSAW!!! but no, why would we ad that? who the hell would throw a chainsaw, dummass? it doesnt make anysense, and why throw it if you could just jet over there? we dont need it, i mean jeeze, id just jump around it anyways, so what use would it be? >end mocking explanation< if you read carefully, i said IF YOUR OUT OF JET, so where exactly is this jet your speaking of? im not talking about longfalls dummass, im talking about where your about 2 gosteks off the ground, are zooming through the air towards the nade, or another situation would be that your in a tight passage and a nade is blocking the path ahead. you dont want to wait for it to explode, so you could just shoot it now and reload while you continue on. >:p',',

Date Posted: October 04, 2006, 10:07:42 PM
I say we SHOULD add this ONLY IF u can filter it and it is only optional. Would that be a good compromise?

well, errgg. in a nicer way than was directed towards vis, does it really matter? i dont see how you would be getting all that much more killed or some such thing. the origonal nade mechanics wouldnt be altered, so its not really that big a change to the game, but rather a big change to the way we can play it.

Without ignorance there is no true happiness.

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
  • I came to the world with the barret in my hand
« Reply #122 on: October 05, 2006, 12:58:13 pm »
have you guys got war or something? :P
to be able to detonate a nade with a bullet of a barret (for example) should add more action.
the knife, for example, like Axel said, why did they add a function so you could trow it? 'cause it's a fun thing, and used to kill players a bit away.
so, if this idea comes longer people will asks: why did they add a function so you could detonate a nade with a bullet? 'cause it's a fun thing, and used (if you've got good aiming) make it explode when you want it.
and, like i've said like 10 times, this should be a choose-option for the admin of the server.
if you'd be able to choose it self i think it just should be a bit stupid. but that's up to you, guys. come with your own ideas if you don't like the posted, i'm open for all ;D

Offline Cato269

• Camper
« Reply #123 on: October 05, 2006, 08:27:02 pm »
have you guys got war or something? :P
to be able to detonate a nade with a bullet of a barret (for example) should add more action.
the knife, for example, like Axel said, why did they add a function so you could trow it? 'cause it's a fun thing, and used to kill players a bit away.
so, if this idea comes longer people will asks: why did they add a function so you could detonate a nade with a bullet? 'cause it's a fun thing, and used (if you've got good aiming) make it explode when you want it.
and, like i've said like 10 times, this should be a choose-option for the admin of the server.
if you'd be able to choose it self i think it just should be a bit stupid. but that's up to you, guys. come with your own ideas if you don't like the posted, i'm open for all ;D

1. Becuase an unthrowable knife equals a crapper saw. why did they add bink? start up time to barret and law? made it so you can lie down? so the weapons are more balenced.

2. Ivarska, what is the point of shooting a nade? it'll attract more auto users. besides, why shoot the nade in the air, when you could dodge it and continue firing at the enemy.

Hey, a nade spammer *shoots all nades* HAHA- Crap, he's got a GUN!!!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 08:30:15 pm by Cato269 »

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
  • I came to the world with the barret in my hand
« Reply #124 on: October 06, 2006, 10:08:45 am »
Cato, my point to be able to shoot at nades so they explode is most for fun. like throw a nade up to the air and shoot it so it explodes, that should show your skills pretty good. and it could stop the nade spammers too. and maybe you wanna do something "cool": you see a player walk at the ground meanwhile you're in the air. you throw down a nade which stop beside the enemy, and then you shot the nade so it explodes. the man who get killed of you should be surprised.

Offline Tybs

• Major
  • Slide away!
« Reply #125 on: October 06, 2006, 11:27:33 am »
1. Becuase an unthrowable knife equals a crapper saw. why did they add bink? start up time to barret and law? made it so you can lie down? so the weapons are more balenced.

2. Ivarska, what is the point of shooting a nade? it'll attract more auto users. besides, why shoot the nade in the air, when you could dodge it and continue firing at the enemy.

Did u notice that the chances of triggering a nade with an auto, would be wáy lower than triggering it with a weapon like ruger? In fact, i think people who can aim well would prefer a ruger above an auto here, because they could more easily blow up the nade with that. I can also imagine people would start using grenades as a defence... u dive to an enemy sniper, knowing he is going to shoot soon, and before he shoots, u throw the grenade. BANG, grenade explodes (time it well so its not in ur face ;D), and there u have a free target to kill, because he just wasted his bullet on ur nade.

Hey, a nade spammer *shoots all nades* HAHA- Crap, he's got a GUN!!!
I hope u thought of the fact that the nade spammer got blown up by his own nades... and of course u dont start shooting the nades when theyre not close to him, thats just stupid :P

Offline Axel

• Soldier
    • Assassin Corps
« Reply #126 on: October 08, 2006, 09:47:59 pm »
omg, tybs just owned you. maybe you should read teh discusion if you actually want to make an insightful post, eh?

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #127 on: October 09, 2006, 01:35:04 am »
omg, tybs just owned you. maybe you should read teh discusion if you actually want to make an insightful post, eh?
...so these days you "own" someone by telling them their honest opinion? Alright, my turn to own then.

Well, first off I think that the actual chance of hitting a nade with a weapon would be really hard, and would be even harder thanks to the extra lag this would cause. Plus, if you haven't noticed already (meh, I don't really have the time to read through 7 pages), there already are two weapons that are able to shoot nades: the M79 and the LAW.

In addition, I think that grenades really are of a different "school" of weapons than the others, and that the normal weapons shouldn't mess with them.

Just my thoughts...

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #128 on: October 09, 2006, 02:02:54 am »
16bigmike16

add me on xfire.

thnx. ^_^
...and in exactly what way is that related to a discussion about shooting grenades makes them explode?

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #129 on: October 09, 2006, 02:13:11 am »
16bigmike16

add me on xfire.

thnx.   ^_^

spam post deleted, new user warned.

Offline Cato269

• Camper
« Reply #130 on: October 09, 2006, 04:17:32 am »
I hope u thought of the fact that the nade spammer got blown up by his own nades... and of course u dont start shooting the nades when theyre not close to him, thats just stupid :P

And so humans have a reactition time of .01 seconds in order to shoot the nades so they do a good amount of damage to the guy that threw them?

Offline Tybs

• Major
  • Slide away!
« Reply #131 on: October 09, 2006, 10:30:13 am »
What i imagined was this (in case u have an auto):

1. U shoot the guy.
2. He throws a nade in order to kill u at once.
3. U keep shooting him, hitting the nade a few times.
4a. If nade does blow up, he gets killed or thrown away.
4b. If nade does NOT blow up, u dont keep shooting the nade when its out of his range... duh :P

Offline $$BIGMIKE$$

• Major(1)
  • $$BIGMIKE$$
    • RAF
« Reply #132 on: October 09, 2006, 01:38:00 pm »
srry.  :P

Offline Axel

• Soldier
    • Assassin Corps
« Reply #133 on: October 10, 2006, 12:45:41 am »
the actual chance of hitting a nade with a weapon would be really hard, and would be even harder thanks to the extra lag this would cause. Plus, if you haven't noticed already (meh, I don't really have the time to read through 7 pages), there already are two weapons that are able to shoot nades: the M79 and the LAW.

this part might show up as the quote as well... anywho, it would cause lots of lag??? didnt know that.2 nades hit nades too, even if their unexploded. 3 well, this is a discussion as to if nades should be able to be hit by bullets too, not just explosive charges. thanks fer teh comments.lastly, cato, why again do you want to try to shoot this down? we're not talking about normal people able to use this feature to its fullest, but people who practice with it, or if you just get kinda lucky that one encounter. state why exactly you keep looking around for things to discredit this? what would it mess up and kill, tell us in a more organized/polite manner like our freindly local swede, why exactly at this point you dont like it.

Offline Cato269

• Camper
« Reply #134 on: October 10, 2006, 02:17:19 am »
Axel, why pratice aiming at a nade, when there is a perfectly good dummy bot, zombie bot, or 100% terminator?

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #135 on: October 10, 2006, 04:14:30 am »
the actual chance of hitting a nade with a weapon would be really hard, and would be even harder thanks to the extra lag this would cause. Plus, if you haven't noticed already (meh, I don't really have the time to read through 7 pages), there already are two weapons that are able to shoot nades: the M79 and the LAW.
this part might show up as the quote as well... (took the liberty of fixing it) anywho, it would cause lots of lag??? didnt know that.
Yes, this would cause some extra lag as a result of that the grenades would have to be checked for collisions with bullets, as an addition.

Offline Axel

• Soldier
    • Assassin Corps
« Reply #136 on: October 10, 2006, 07:17:31 am »
ah, okay, that would be teh only draw back that i would see. now, mr cato, grenades r harder to hit. they move faster, and r smaller, dont follow paths, etc... this isnt necessarily about practicing aiming either. in talking about it, we lost teh online play, but yeah. why not use a dummy bot? well, just practicing, if you can shoot a nade that you throw, youll be a much better shot than if you can shoot a bot thats standing still till he deis. just for pracicing, you could make it so that none of the bots body except for the head was visible and had collision, and it moved, and that would similate the possible nade training.

ArmedManiac

« Reply #137 on: October 10, 2006, 01:38:49 pm »
I still don't like it. If you make it so the nades blow up enough to acutaully make a difference, nades never would hit anything and would become obsolete. If they never blew up at all, it would be pointless and never implemented. Thats why I say no.

Offline Axel

• Soldier
    • Assassin Corps
« Reply #138 on: October 10, 2006, 02:10:57 pm »
well, see, if we got it just right so that they didnt become obsolete and it still makes a difference, wouldnt it be cool?

Offline Tybs

• Major
  • Slide away!
« Reply #139 on: October 10, 2006, 04:18:34 pm »
Nades would hit people often enough, yet occasionally they would blow up because of a bullet, suddenly changing the chances of the soldats fighting. This can give challenging situations, which are most fun IMO ;D